Report: Younger Transplant Patients Would Get the Best Kidneys

WillowTree

Diamond Member
Sep 15, 2008
The nation's organ-transplant network may give younger, healthier people preference over older, sicker patients for the best kidneys, the Washington Post reported on Thursday. Instead of giving priority to patients who have been on the waiting list longest, the new rules would match recipients and organs based on factors such as age and health -- an attempt to maximize the number of years provided by each kidney, the newspaper reported.

"We're trying to best utilize the gift of the donated organ," the Post quoted Kenneth Andreoni, an associate professor of surgery at Ohio State University, as saying. Andreoni chairs the committee that is reviewing possible changes for the United Network for Organ Sharing (UNOS), a private nonprofit group contracted by the federal government to coordinate organ allocation. "It's an effort to get the most out of a scarce resource."

Some bioethicists call it age discrimination.

Report: Younger Transplant Patients Would Get the Best Kidneys | CNSnews.com

yep,, and steal 960Billion dollars from medicare and you got "Sarah Palin was right"

I thought this was common sense? Give a heart, or whatever organ happens to be at issue, to someone who has a long & productive life ahead of them or a 70 yr old, Florida, couch potato, retiree?

Last edited:
I thought this was common sense? Give a heart to someone who has a long & productive life ahead of them or a 70 yr old, Florida, couch potato, retiree?

you wouldn't know common sense if it bit you in the ass.

I thought this was common sense? Give a heart, or whatever organ happens to be at issue, to someone who has a long & productive life ahead of them or a 70 yr old, Florida, couch potato, retiree?

See ^^^^ that's a death panel. Anyone who thinks it's ok to decide who lives and who dies.

Apparently, 70 year old add no value to society. Who knew?

Just call it a death panel and be done with it.

$$$ is a bigger factor than you want to know as well.

Just ask Jerry Garcia.

Sarah Palin flat out tells the truth and democrats lie through their teeth you anti Palin folks might want to think about that. JUst sayin.

See ^^^^ that's a death panel. Anyone who thinks it's ok to decide who lives and who dies.

I can't rep you right now but someone needs to..

A private, non-profit group contracted by the federal government...this is what happens when the rightwingloons get their way and let the private sector do a job. Imagine when all schools are private...

Looks like you voted against your self, old girl.

:lol:

NEWSFLASH CaliBrat!!! Insurance co's are also death panels. They just happen to have a profit-motive which makes them A-OK by you eh?
Medical bills prompt more than 60 percent of U.S. bankruptcies - CNN
Medical bills prompt more than 60 percent of U.S. bankruptcies
HEALTH INSURANCE

June 05, 2009|By Theresa Tamkins

This year, an estimated 1.5 million Americans will declare bankruptcy. Many people may chalk up that misfortune to overspending or a lavish lifestyle, but a new study suggests that more than 60 percent of people who go bankrupt are actually capsized by medical bills.

Bankruptcies due to medical bills increased by nearly 50 percent in a six-year period, from 46 percent in 2001 to 62 percent in 2007, and most of those who filed for bankruptcy were middle-class, well-educated homeowners, according to a report that will be published in the August issue of The American Journal of Medicine.

Last edited:
A private, non-profit group contracted by the federal government...this is what happens when the rightwingloons get their way and let the private sector do a job. Imagine when all schools are private...

how's that rabid? I didn't vote for the asshole who stole 960 Billion dollars from medicare and said "No we ain't gonna let grandma die" Nope not me.. that was you.

Last edited:

how's that rabid? I didn't for for the asshole who stole 960 Billion dollars from medicare and said "No we ain't gonna let grandma die" Nope not me.. that was you.
You voted for all the many Republicans that want the private sector to be contracted for any job imaginable. This is what you get. :lol::lol::lol::lol:

how's that rabid? I didn't for for the asshole who stole 960 Billion dollars from medicare and said "No we ain't gonna let grandma die" Nope not me.. that was you.
You voted for all the many Republicans that want the private sector to be contracted for any job imaginable. This is what you get. :lol::lol::lol::lol:

excuse me? your asshole is in charge of this outfit. yep,, he is,, hope it ain't yo mama gets denied.

excuse me? your asshole is in charge of this outfit. yep,, he is,, hope it ain't yo mama gets denied.
This outfit has been around much longer than Obama.

Just wait until all schools are private and some corporate executroid decides which Johnny gets to learn what. :thup:

This outfit has been around much longer than Obama.

Just wait until all schools are private and some corporate executroid decides which Johnny gets to learn what. :thup:

yeah that'll kill em all right.

how's that rabid? I didn't vote for the asshole who stole 960 Billion dollars from medicare and said "No we ain't gonna let grandma die" Nope not me.. that was you.

I'm proud of you if you didn't vote for him. I'd give you a rep for that post if I could ;-)

Cutting govt spending will have unforseen consequences.

Something like 2/3 of medicare spending is done in the last year of a persons life.

Something like 2/3 of medicare spending is done in the last year of a persons life.

He didn't cut gov. spending asshole. He stole 960 Billion dollars from the people who need care the most. He most definitely didn't cut jack shit. Just say it.. Sarah Palin was correct.. it won't hurt a bit.

He didn't cut gov. spending asshole. He stole 960 Billion dollars from the people who need care the most. He most definitely didn't cut jack shit. Just say it.. Sarah Palin was correct.. it won't hurt a bit.

Sounds like Gov Scott (R- FL) would do :-(

I know @ $450 bil was cut from medicare advantage. Where are you getting the $960 bil from? BTW- wasn't your newly elected Gov involved in medicare fraud?
Rick Scott - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Following the raids, the Columbia/HCA board of directors forced Scott to resign as Chairman and CEO.[20] He was paid $9.88 million in a settlement. He also left owning 10 million shares of stock worth over $350 million.[21][22][23]
In 1999, Columbia/HCA changed its name back to HCA, Inc.
In settlements reached in 2000 and 2002, Columbia/HCA plead guilty to 14 felonies and agreed to a $600+ million fine in the largest fraud settlement in US history.

Did you vote for him?

Last edited:

Sounds like Gov Scott (R- FL) would do :-(

I know @ $450 bil was cut from medicare advantage. Where are you getting the $960 bil from? BTW- wasn't your newly elected Gov involved in medicare fraud?
Rick Scott - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Following the raids, the Columbia/HCA board of directors forced Scott to resign as Chairman and CEO.[20] He was paid $9.88 million in a settlement. He also left owning 10 million shares of stock worth over $350 million.[21][22][23]
In 1999, Columbia/HCA changed its name back to HCA, Inc.
In settlements reached in 2000 and 2002, Columbia/HCA plead guilty to 14 felonies and agreed to a $600+ million fine in the largest fraud settlement in US history.

Did you vote for him?

poor old DotPig will die not knowing who I voted for.. :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Forum List

Back