Hypocrite Retards chance to make health care right!

shintao

Take Down ~ Tap Out
Aug 27, 2010
Here is your big chance to get behind your retard reps and say, hey lets do it!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for posting.

It's just more hypocrisy from people who lie about health care legislation or just don't understand it.

Talk about retards, ask the administration why a federal judge ruled the whole mess to be unconstitutional? You can't make this thing right by nit-picking the 2,000 + pages and hiring 10,000 IRS agents to put people in jail for not complying. You have to dump it like the judge says and start over without the bribes and corruption inherent in the democrat created bill.

Talk about retards, ask the administration why a federal judge ruled the whole mess to be unconstitutional? You can't make this thing right by nit-picking the 2,000 + pages and hiring 10,000 IRS agents to put people in jail for not complying. You have to dump it like the judge says and start over without the bribes and corruption inherent in the democrat created bill.

Speaking of not understanding this legislation and making up lies.....

Who is getting put in jail?

Why do you think the administration needs IRS agents to administer a health care bill? Think about it. To give the law some enforcement teeth. If a person refuses to buy government insurance, the IRS will take the money through income tax. If the person still refuses, his property can be confiscated. If he refuses violently you know what can happen.

Why do you think the administration needs IRS agents to administer a health care bill? Think about it. To give the law some enforcement teeth. If a person refuses to buy government insurance, the IRS will take the money through income tax. If the person still refuses, his property can be confiscated. If he refuses violently you know what can happen.

LOL, so much wrong with this....

forced to buy government insurance"

You realize that there is no such thing as this. People will be buying private insurance. You do know that much, right? I'll assume your wording was just a mistake.

If the person still refuses, his property can be confiscated. If he refuses violently you know what can happen.

Go ahead and show me which part of the bill that says anything remotely close to what you claim. That someones property will be confiscated or they will be put in jail for not purchasing health insurance. :eusa_liar:

I think the point is if some try to take a stand against this clearly unconstitutional provision, what will happen to them? I keep trying to think of how this will work in practice. Will it be a question on your tax forms each year? So what happens if in some manner or other you don't buy insurance and you refuse to pay the fine/tax?

I think the point is if some try to take a stand against this clearly unconstitutional provision, what will happen to them? I keep trying to think of how this will work in practice. Will it be a question on your tax forms each year? So what happens if in some manner or other you don't buy insurance and you refuse to pay the fine/tax?

If you choose to not purchase health insurance your tax burden will just be a bit more. No one is going to jail or having their house taken away.

"Those without coverage pay a tax penalty of the greater of $695 per year up to a maximum of three times that amount ($2,085) per family or 2.5% of household income. The penalty will be phased-in according to the following schedule: $95 in 2014, $325 in 2015, and $695 in 2016 for the flat fee or 1.0% of taxable income in 2014,
2.0% of taxable income in 2015, and 2.5% of taxable income in 2016. Beginning after 2016, the penalty will be increased annually by the cost-of-living adjustment. Exemptions will be granted for financial hardship, religious objections, American Indians, those without coverage for less than three months, undocumented immigrants, incarcerated individuals, those for whom the lowest cost plan option exceeds 8% of an individual’s income, and those with incomes below the tax filing threshold (in 2009 the
threshold for taxpayers under age 65 was $9,350 for singles and $18,700 for couples)."

If you choose to not purchase health insurance your tax burden will just be a bit more. No one is going to jail or having their house taken away.

"Those without coverage pay a tax penalty of the greater of $695 per year up to a maximum of three times that amount ($2,085) per family or 2.5% of household income. The penalty will be phased-in according to the following schedule: $95 in 2014, $325 in 2015, and $695 in 2016 for the flat fee or 1.0% of taxable income in 2014,
2.0% of taxable income in 2015, and 2.5% of taxable income in 2016. Beginning after 2016, the penalty will be increased annually by the cost-of-living adjustment. Exemptions will be granted for financial hardship, religious objections, American Indians, those without coverage for less than three months, undocumented immigrants, incarcerated individuals, those for whom the lowest cost plan option exceeds 8% of an individual’s income, and those with incomes below the tax filing threshold (in 2009 the
threshold for taxpayers under age 65 was $9,350 for singles and $18,700 for couples)."

You keep implying they'll just collect the tax? HOW? How will the IRS determine if you bought insurance or not? How will they collect the money from you?

You keep implying they'll just collect the tax? HOW? How will the IRS determine if you bought insurance or not? How will they collect the money from you?

When you file your tax return.

"The legislation requires that the penalty, if any, be reported on federal income tax returns, and paid at tax filing time. However, individuals who fail to pay the penalty will not be subject to criminal penalties, liens, or levies"

forced to buy government insurance"

You realize that there is no such thing as this. People will be buying private insurance. You do know that much, right? I'll assume your wording was just a mistake.

If the person still refuses, his property can be confiscated. If he refuses violently you know what can happen.

Go ahead and show me which part of the bill that says anything remotely close to what you claim. That someones property will be confiscated or they will be put in jail for not purchasing health insurance. :eusa_liar:

Forced to buy "government approved" health insurance not necessarily the insurance one wants to buy.

The forced to buy part should be enough for anyone to oppose the so called reform.

Forced to buy "government approved" health insurance not necessarily the insurance one wants to buy.

The forced to buy part should be enough for anyone to oppose the so called reform.

You can pick any private insurance that you want. Just pick something. You're just looking for reasons to complain at this point.

"The legislation requires that the penalty, if any, be reported on federal income tax returns, and paid at tax filing time. However, individuals who fail to pay the penalty will not be subject to criminal penalties, liens, or levies"

Where are you quoting from? If that's true, it's nice to know. I guess I really don't have to pay a tax if choose not to purchase health insurance. If that's really the language of the bill, no wonder the left doesn't want anyone to read it. So what it really is a mandate I don't have to follow because there are no consequences to me for not paying the tax for not complying with the mandate. This bill gets dumber all the time.

You can pick any private insurance that you want. Just pick something. You're just looking for reasons to complain at this point.

Somebody telling me what I must do with my money is 'just complaining'?

Where are you quoting from? If that's true, it's nice to know. I guess I really don't have to pay a tax if choose not to purchase health insurance. If that's really the language of the bill, no wonder the left doesn't want anyone to read it. So what it really is a mandate I don't have to follow because there are no consequences to me for not paying the tax for not complying with the mandate. This bill gets dumber all the time.

Sorry about that. I was quoting from these sources

http://www.kff.org/healthreform/upload/8061.pdf

The Individual Mandate: Another Look at the Penalty Trade-Off | Healthcare Finance News

So yeah, to claim that your house will be taken away or you will be thrown in jail is just ridiculous and wrong. An outright lie or said by someone who doesn't understand the law, just like I said originally.

So sure, you can just not pay it and you may never suffer any consequences. But should you be so unlucky to get audited, you will then face potential penalties at that time. Just like if you choose to not pay any other portion of your taxes.

Somebody telling me what I must do with my money is 'just complaining'?

Would you choose to not purchase health insurance if there was no mandate? Be honest.

So sure, you can just not pay it and you may never suffer any consequences. But should you be so unlucky to get audited, you will then face potential penalties at that time. Just like if you choose to not pay any other portion of your taxes.

See I knew there was a catch. That's called a distinction without a difference RDD. So I fill out all my taxes exactly as I should, except for reporting that I didn't buy health insurance. So I get audited and they say, 'hey you forgot to pay your tax for not purchasing insurance.' And I say. 'Nope I didn't forget to pay that tax. I never intended to pay it in the first place.'

Now I've never been audited, so tell me, what happens if you get audited? Does the government just send you a bill for what they say you owe?

You're wrong.

Right now I have a high deductible HSA which is what I want.

It does not fit into the government approved category as it stands so I will be forced to buy something else or the company will change its policies so as to become compliant with government approval and charge me more.

The approved policies will cover things like drug and mental health counseling which my current insurance doesn't cover because I don't need those things and choose not to pay for them. But now the fucking government tells me I have to or I'll be taxed

See I knew there was a catch. That's called a distinction without a difference RDD. So I fill out all my taxes exactly as I should, except for reporting that I didn't buy health insurance. So I get audited and they say, 'hey you forgot to pay your tax for not purchasing insurance.' And I say. 'Nope I didn't forget to pay that tax. I never intended to pay it in the first place.'

Now I've never been audited, so tell me, what happens if you get audited? Does the government just send you a bill for what they say you owe?

I've never been audited either. <knock on wood> but I'm pretty sure they tell you exactly what year and portion of your taxes they are looking at specifically. Then they ask for proof to back up what you claimed on your taxes. Then you meet in person and discuss your situation. Based upon that you may or may not get a bill for what they deem is missing from the return in question.

Forum List

Back