Repeal The Second Amendment

Well... if you have a problem like your house has a leaky roof, or your water heater is leaking. You fix it. You won't stand around and hem and haw. You fix it. American has a gun problem It seems simple enough, confront it, and then look deeply at it, then find a way to fix it. Repealing the second amendment, it's like that. Confront the issue, remove it and get on with life.

Confront the issue, allow everyone to carry an open or concealed firearm and do away with violent attacks. Enjoy the reduction in violent offenders.
That used to be the case. Should we ask Chicago, for a modern answer?

Chicago politicians have determined that the PEOPLE are fodder, to be used and abused as the criminal element see's fit. The PEOPLE are denied the ability to defend themselves from the criminal element and people like you seem to think that that is OK. One of your ilk even went so far as to say that it was essential for the criminal element to use guns to commit their crimes, and that the innocent civilians should not be allowed to have guns because the criminals might get hurt. That's about as fucked up a line of "reasoning" as I have ever heard.

Last edited:
Well... if you have a problem like your house has a leaky roof, or your water heater is leaking. You fix it. You won't stand around and hem and haw. You fix it. American has a gun problem It seems simple enough, confront it, and then look deeply at it, then find a way to fix it. Repealing the second amendment, it's like that. Confront the issue, remove it and get on with life.

Confront the issue, allow everyone to carry an open or concealed firearm and do away with violent attacks. Enjoy the reduction in violent offenders.
That used to be the case. Should we ask Chicago, for a modern answer?

Chicago politicians have determined that the PEOPLE are fodder, to be used and abused as the criminal element see's fit. The PEOPLE are denied the ability to defend themselves from the criminal element and people like you seem to think that that is OK. One of your ilk even went so far as to say that it was essential fro the criminal element to use guns to commit their crimes, and that the innocent civilians should not be allowed to have guns because the criminals might get hurt. That's about as fucked up a line of "reasoning" as I have ever heard.
I prefer to blame the Commander in Chief of that which is declared Necessary, in our Second Article of Amendment.

The Troglocrat Criminals and Terrorist would love it if everyone was unarmed and defenseless
Nah dozens of countries are doing just fine without guns. Terrorists do wanna harm the US, because of our policies overseas that ruined countries and lives. No one wants to harm me Zealand or Iceland, and no guns in there...not even their policemen carry them. Trust me there is a peaceful world out there with no guns.

There is not one country on this planet that is without guns

The Troglocrat Criminals and Terrorist would love it if everyone was unarmed and defenseless
Nah dozens of countries are doing just fine without guns. Terrorists do wanna harm the US, because of our policies overseas that ruined countries and lives. No one wants to harm me Zealand or Iceland, and no guns in there...not even their policemen carry them. Trust me there is a peaceful world out there with no guns.
Na, Firearm ownership is none of your business just as it’s none of the federal governments business. jack ass
And all those people killed in Vegas?
So again we see you don't give a shit about 99% of other murder victims

Violent crime is increasing with more carry...
No it's not because correlation does not equal causation

"Well Regulated Militia"= IN GOOD WORKING ORDER.
Please link to a historical document that makes this equation.

I won't be holding my breath waiting for your fail.

Nor should you as it is your fail that we will be laughing about.

"The following are taken from the Oxford English Dictionary, and bracket in time the writing of the 2nd amendment:

1709: "If a liberal Education has formed in us well-regulated Appetites and worthy Inclinations."

1714: "The practice of all well-regulated courts of justice in the world."

1812: "The equation of time ... is the adjustment of the difference of time as shown by a well-regulated clock and a true sun dial."

1848: "A remissness for which I am sure every well-regulated person will blame the Mayor."

1862: "It appeared to her well-regulated mind, like a clandestine proceeding."

1894: "The newspaper, a never wanting adjunct to every well-regulated American embryo city."

The phrase "well-regulated" was in common use long before 1789, and remained so for a century thereafter. It referred to the property of something being in proper working order. Something that was well-regulated was calibrated correctly, functioning as expected. Establishing government oversight of the people's arms was not only not the intent in using the phrase in the 2nd amendment, it was precisely to render the government powerless to do so that the founders wrote it."

Meaning of the phrase "well-regulated"

Well regulated means, to make regular. That is, gun lover catechism.

Incorrect. It means in good working order. You are ignoring the meaning of the term AT THE TIME THAT THE 2nd WAS WRITTEN.

Incorrect. It means in good working order. You are ignoring the meaning of the term AT THE TIME THAT THE 2nd WAS WRITTEN.
No, it doesn't. It means, to make regular; wellness of regulation means regularized.

I refer you to those who were there at the time, and far smarter than you or I.

"The following are taken from the Oxford English Dictionary, and bracket in time the writing of the 2nd amendment:

1709: "If a liberal Education has formed in us well-regulated Appetites and worthy Inclinations."

1812: "The equation of time ... is the adjustment of the difference of time as shown by a well-regulated clock and a true sun dial."

1848: "A remissness for which I am sure every well-regulated person will blame the Mayor."

1894: "The newspaper, a never wanting adjunct to every well-regulated American embryo city."

The phrase "well-regulated" was in common use long before 1789, and remained so for a century thereafter. It referred to the property of something being in proper working order. Something that was well-regulated was calibrated correctly, functioning as expected. Establishing government oversight of the people's arms was not only not the intent in using the phrase in the 2nd amendment, it was precisely to render the government powerless to do so that the founders wrote it."

http://www.constitution.org/cons/wellregu.htm

Irrelevant and an appeal to ignorance; how

No, it doesn't. It means, to make regular; wellness of regulation means regularized.

I refer you to those who were there at the time, and far smarter than you or I.

http://www.constitution.org/cons/wellregu.htm
Irrelevant and an appeal to ignorance; how perfectly regular for the right wing.

Wellness of regulation must be prescribed by our federal Congress for the Militia of the United States.

"Well Regulated Militia"= IN GOOD WORKING ORDER.
Please link to a historical document that makes this equation.

I won't be holding my breath waiting for your fail.
It was the vernacular of the time
Then it should be easy for you to find historical documents that makes this equation.

yeah look it up or you can search the forum there have been multiple links to it.

OK, isn't someone in charge of making sure that clock is well-regulated, or does it do it all by itself?

Your "answers" just confirm my question.
4i6Ckte.gif

OK, isn't someone in charge of making sure that clock is well-regulated, or does it do it all by itself?

4i6Ckte.gif

You don't really want to know or you would have looked it up yourself

Meaning of the phrase "well-regulated"

The phrase "well-regulated" was in common use long before 1789, and remained so for a century thereafter. It referred to the property of something being in proper working order. Something that was well-regulated was calibrated correctly, functioning as expected. Establishing government oversight of the people's arms was not only not the intent in using the phrase in the 2nd amendment, it was precisely to render the government powerless to do so that the founders wrote it.

4i6Ckte.gif

Only if you don't understand the English language. You ignore the well regulated appetite (clearly a singular, personal endeavor), or the well regulated person blaming the Mayor for whichever fault they are referring to. So no, silly one, the terms meaning is well known. You just choose to ignore it because it counters your inane argument.

Definition of regulate
regulated; regulating
transitive verb
1 a :to govern or direct according to rule
b (1) :to bring under the control of law or constituted authority
(2) :to make regulations for or concerning
  • regulate the industries of a country
2 :to bring order, method, or uniformity to
  • regulate one's habits
3 :to fix or adjust the time, amount, degree, or rate of
  • regulate the pressure of a tire

Definition of regulate
regulated; regulating
transitive verb
1 a :to govern or direct according to rule
b (1) :to bring under the control of law or constituted authority
(2) :to make regulations for or concerning
  • regulate the industries of a country
2 :to bring order, method, or uniformity to
  • regulate one's habits
3 :to fix or adjust the time, amount, degree, or rate of
  • regulate the pressure of a tire

Yeah, that's great for today. We have already provided you chapter and verse about what the term meant when the men who wrote the Amendment were writing it. Your post is completely irrelevant in light of that fact.

Forum List

Back