Repeal of DADT and the Navy's "first kiss"...

ABikerSailor

Diamond Member
Aug 26, 2008
Newberry, SC
Nice to see that the military is okay with the repeal of DADT..........

VIRGINIA BEACH, Va. — A Navy tradition caught up with the repeal of the U.S. military's "don't ask, don't tell" rule on Wednesday when two women sailors became the first to share the coveted "first kiss" on the dock after one of them returned from 80 days at sea.

Petty Officer 2nd Class Marissa Gaeta of Placerville, Calif., descended from the USS Oak Hill amphibious landing ship and shared a quick kiss with her partner, Petty Officer 3rd Class Citlalic Snell of Los Angeles. The crowd screamed and waved flags around them.

Both women, ages 22 and 23 respectively, are fire controlmen in the Navy. They met at training school and have been dating for two years.

Navy officials said it was the first time on record that a same-sex couple was chosen to kiss first upon a ship's return. Sailors and their loved ones bought $1 raffle tickets for the opportunity. Gaeta said she bought $50 of tickets. The Navy said the money would be used to host a Christmas party for the children of sailors.

2 women share 1st kiss at US Navy ship's return - US news - Life - Military - msnbc.com

Double post dammit

Last edited:
Gun Captian Mount 52 DDG, and as long as they keep it ashore, I got no problems with it.

Is this something you wish you could have done ?? French your boyfriend on Pier 12 at homecoming? "The military is OK" with this??

Shit man - society isn't.

Did you survey the military?

Tell ya what -

#1 powderman of Turret 1, helmsman, duty CDO, aft steering on a battleship is no place to fuck.

Sorry.

Keep the filth in your trailer/apartment. Don't semi-fuck on the pier for MSNBC.

Rude fucks.

What my junior enlisted's did in their off duty hours was there business, with the exception of drug use, alcohol abuse, or anything else they were cited for by the Norfolk PD

Keep your filth in the bedroom.

Is this something you wish you could have done ?? French your boyfriend on Pier 12 at homecoming? "The military is OK" with this??

Tell ya what -

#1 powderman of Turret 1, helmsman, duty CDO, aft steering on a battleship is no place to fuck.

Sorry.

Keep the filth in your trailer/apartment. Don't semi-fuck on the pier for MSNBC.

Rude fucks.

What my junior enlisted's did in their off duty hours was there business, with the exception of drug use, alcohol abuse, or anything else they were cited for by the Norfolk PD

Hey stupid............yeah I did serve, from July 1982 until 1 Aug 2002, 20 years and also served in many different billets as well, from CBR warfare team member, to PRP program on FA-18's, as well as Security Force trained, and the last 2 tours that I had were BOTH independent duty billets that required command as well as overseas screening EACH, from serving on an MSC vessel to being LPO at Amarillo MEPS, with my boss all the way down in San Antonio, so yeah.......I did serve.

Additionally, you should also realize that the PUBLIC changes before the military ever will, which is why your statement about society not being ready is pure bullshit.

And..........if that's "semi fucking" on the pier, then almost every sailor who walks off the ship into the arms of a loved one is guilty of it.

Or...........is it only "semi fucking" when it's between 2 people of the same sex?

Go fuck yourself Warrior.

Dang Blackshoes. :eusa_whistle:

Pissed that enlisteds beat the officers again?

Sorry.......remember what it said in your officer's handbook about enlisted people "they're sly, cunning and devious and bear considerable watching."

Seriously though, I'm glad a gay couple won the raffle, and even more tickled that the Skipper let 'em have their moment.

By the way...........does any of those who served in the military think that this is going to transition over to the various balls that each service has?

By the way...........does any of those who served in the military think that this is going to transition over to the various balls that each service has?

Marine Corps Ball has no tradition for a kissing moment. It is youngest and oldest present that get honored. And as far as I know no gay was ever denied the right ( since no one knew to begin with).

Tell ya what -

Sorry.

Rude fucks.

Hey stupid............yeah I did serve, from July 1982 until 1 Aug 2002, 20 years and also served in many different billets as well, from CBR warfare team member, to PRP program on FA-18's, as well as Security Force trained, and the last 2 tours that I had were BOTH independent duty billets that required command as well as overseas screening EACH, from serving on an MSC vessel to being LPO at Amarillo MEPS, with my boss all the way down in San Antonio, so yeah.......I did serve.

Additionally, you should also realize that the PUBLIC changes before the military ever will, which is why your statement about society not being ready is pure bullshit.

And..........if that's "semi fucking" on the pier, then almost every sailor who walks off the ship into the arms of a loved one is guilty of it.

Or...........is it only "semi fucking" when it's between 2 people of the same sex?

No need to get defensive, assfucker.
Keep your filth in your own home, so that my children, wife and I don't have to be subjected to it.
Pier 12 Norfolk isn't Mardi Gras.
I would tell you to "go fuck yourself" too, but you probably already have.

Go wash up

Tell ya what -

Sorry.

Rude fucks.

No need to get defensive, assfucker.
Keep your filth in your own home, so that my children, wife and I don't have to be subjected to it.
Pier 12 Norfolk isn't Mardi Gras.
I would tell you to "go fuck yourself" too, but you probably already have.

Go wash up

Did you miss the part where the "first kiss" is a longtime Navy tradition? Did it bother you when it was straights that couldn't keep their "filth" in their own homes?

Forum List

Back