Repeal Capital Gains Taxes

Delta4Embassy

Gold Member
Dec 12, 2013
Earth
Not willing to waste minutes of my life looking up how much comes in in taxes from this each year, but I"d think if investing in the economy is good for the economy, the naiton, and everyone in it, then encouraging investment makes sense . And that presumedly more is gained with more investment than gained by taxing existing investment.

So repeal Capital Gains taxes.

lfHendersonCEE2_figure_004.jpg

Older graph...........Do you see the trend............AS RATES GO UP..........Revenues go down..............They pull the money when you raise rates..............

Weird thread. DELTA is actually ditching Obama and the Dems on this one.............Didn't he get the memo.................They raised these rates and the revenues are down again.................

Weird isn't it..............Maybe Delta didn't know he was ditching Obama on this one.

Capital Gains Taxes The Concise Encyclopedia of Economics Library of Economics and Liberty

Conclusion
On balance, the evidence supports the economic case for a low rate of tax on capital gains. Recent actual experience suggests that a low rate of tax on capital gains increases capital investment and new business formation. Tax revenues have surged when the capital gains rate has been cut as trillions of dollars of locked-in capital are released to be put to more productive uses.

Older graph...........Do you see the trend............AS RATES GO UP..........Revenues go down..............They pull the money when you raise rates..............

Weird thread. DELTA is actually ditching Obama and the Dems on this one.............Didn't he get the memo.................They raised these rates and the revenues are down again.................

Weird isn't it..............Maybe Delta didn't know he was ditching Obama on this one.

Never been WITH President Obama. I respect the office, not the nitwits in it.

So you would agree that Obama and the Dems made a mistake by increasing the Capital Gains Tax Rates...............
and would you agree that they offshore their money as a result.

Your problem, like every conservative on this board is when ever someone disgrees with you you assume they're a liberal. I'm not a liberal. I have liberal positions just like I have ocnservative ones, but I'm apolitical in American politics. I follow what goes on though, but prefer remaining non-partisan and thus unbiased. Makes things easier in some lines of work.

So you would agree that Obama and the Dems made a mistake by increasing the Capital Gains Tax Rates...............
and would you agree that they offshore their money as a result.

If they raised capital gains taxes yes, it was a mistake. Dunno anythin gabout the offshore thing so wont comment.

Did they ditch Bush Sr.?

Your problem, like every conservative on this board is when ever someone disgrees with you you assume they're a liberal. I'm not a liberal. I have liberal positions just like I have ocnservative ones, but I'm apolitical in American politics. I follow what goes on though, but prefer remaining non-partisan and thus unbiased. Makes things easier in some lines of work.
Your skirt usually shows liberal bias on most of your posts.................so I doubt your apolitical status.....................

To the Op......the new higher rates should be lowered to the old rates to encourage investments in this country to create jobs and REVENUE........

Did they ditch Bush Sr.?
Rates were raised and revenues went down on that part of the graph............The rates go up and down during the bubbles leading to recessions as well..............

But overall, it shows that increasing the tax rate on this causes loss in revenues and not gains.

Did they ditch Bush Sr.?
Rates were raised and revenues went down on that part of the graph............The rates go up and down during the bubbles leading to recessions as well..............

But overall, it shows that increasing the tax rate on this causes loss in revenues and not gains.
If you lower rates and revenues increase, then why do you have to go even lower and lower and lower? Shouldn't the revenues maintain the increase in revenues if that tax cut has stayed in place?

WHO raised capital gains income taxes and WHEN.....? Were they raised the past 2 decades? 2013 has a possible raise for higher incomes, but that began in 2013???? Soooo, please tell us when and where they were raised by Dems and when did this raise take place that you keep mentioning?

Did they ditch Bush Sr.?

So Bush Sr. was trashed...ok

Did they ditch Bush Sr.?

If you lower rates and revenues increase, then why do you have to go even lower and lower and lower? Shouldn't the revenues maintain the increase in revenues if that tax cut has stayed in place?

WHO raised capital gains income taxes and WHEN.....? Were they raised the past 2 decades? 2013 has a possible raise for higher incomes, but that began in 2013???? Soooo, please tell us when and where they were raised by Dems and when did this raise take place that you keep mentioning?
Capital gains tax in the United States - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

You are correct that they will be raised in 2013. The rate increases are shown on the wiki site..................

Historical evidence will show that under higher rates revenues will drop, so the effect of higher Capital Gains rates are negative Revenue to the Federal Gov't.

The real question is why would you raise the rates when historically it has actually lowered your revenues.............You raise rates to get revenues right...............
Not so in reality.

Did they ditch Bush Sr.?

So Bush Sr. was trashed...ok
In effect, we lost revenues by higher rates under his presidency............

and it still shows that under the higher rates we lost revenue...........so again why raise them when you know you'll lose money for it.

Did they ditch Bush Sr.?

Riddle me this: The government taxes cigarettes to discourage smoking. So, by taxing capital gaines, what should we expect?

Capital Gains tax is a punishment for investing and again for investing well. Of course it should be repealed. And if a repeal and resulting encouraging to invest more happened that we got more benefit then there's even more incentive to repeal it.

Wr're never going to pay off the National Debt, that ship sailed a long time ago. So clinging to taxes out of some nonsensical wish of being able to pay down the debt is just counter-productive.

Forum List

Back