Colorado Supreme Court erred egregiously in banning Trump from ballot over "insurrection"

1miseryindex

Platinum Member
Nov 17, 2023
USA

This is information from attorneys who obviously STUDY the law and the US Constitution.

But even if you don't read this and we know the liberals among us will NOT

There's this little problem:

Trump has never been convicted of insurrection! Yes, as far as I know, you are still presumed innocent until proven guilty.

Nice try, you creepy leftoid idiots

op Site (emphasis added)

If the 14th Amendment’s Framers had wanted to bar past presidents, who join an insurrection, from ever holding federal office again, they could have easily included "President" in the very same sentence.

Or consider the Appointments Clause in Article II, Section 2 of the Constitution, which states that the President may nominate, and with the advice and consent of the Senate, may appoint "Ambassadors, other public Ministers and Consuls, Judges of the supreme Court, and all other Officers of the United States." Under this Clause, the president himself is distinguished from "Officers of the United States." Article II, which establishes the executive branch, specifies that the President is "elected," not appointed, and gives the president the responsibility to "Commission all the Officers of the United States."

Another section, written by attorneys:

The examples where the Constitution distinguishes between the president and an "Officer of the United States" are legion. You need look only at the text of Section 3 itself. It bars insurrectionists from serving as "elector of President and Vice-President."

Last edited:

This is information from attorneys who obviously STUDY the law and the US Constitution.

Trump has never been convicted of insurrection! Yes, as far as I know, you are still presumed innocent until proven guilty.

The ruling is so absurd, I expect SCOTUS to strike it as early as this week, before Christmas.

No matter, scum of the Earth dimocrap FILTH will just try something else. And when that gets shot down, something else, and when that gets shot down, etc, etc, ad nauseam

op Site

If the 14th Amendment’s Framers had wanted to bar past presidents, who join an insurrection, from ever holding federal office again, they could have easily included "President" in the very same sentence.

Or consider the Appointments Clause in Article II, Section 2 of the Constitution, which states that the President may nominate, and with the advice and consent of the Senate, may appoint "Ambassadors, other public Ministers and Consuls, Judges of the supreme Court, and all other Officers of the United States." Under this Clause, the president himself is distinguished from "Officers of the United States." Article II, which establishes the executive branch, specifies that the President is "elected," not appointed, and gives the president the responsibility to "Commission all the Officers of the United States."

The ruling is so absurd, I expect SCOTUS to strike it as early as this week, before Christmas.

No matter, scum of the Earth dimocrap FILTH will just try something else. And when that gets shot down, something else, and when that gets shot down, etc, etc, ad nauseam

for sure

They waste our money AND our time. Isn't there a law against such destruction of our legal system?

Aren't there laws against people who use the law ILLEGALLY to destroy their political opponents?

Why aren't the Rs using those laws?

site

The Constitution ensures democratic choice of our highest leaders – the president and Congress – through election; these then appoint the lower-ranking "Officers of the United States"

Comment

So, if I am understanding this fully, the American people can elect an "insurrectionist" if they want?

LOL

So much for the dimrats and their phony cry of "saving democracy" from the albeit democratically-elected (but) evil Trump et al

do you think Ketanji "don't know what a woman is" will make the correct call on this one?

:rolleyes:

site

The Constitution ensures democratic choice of our highest leaders – the president and Congress – through election; these then appoint the lower-ranking "Officers of the United States"

Comment

So, if I am understanding this fully, the American people can elect an "insurrectionist" if they want?

LOL

So much for the dimrats and their phony cry of "saving democracy" from the evil Trump et al
No.

You see, sometimes it is necessary to destroy democracy in order to save it. 4cereal

That's what these dimocrap SCUM Judges are saying. Democracy can only survive if THEY are in charge because, well, The People are too STUPID to make their own decisions.

My friends, THAT is the entire basis for the existence of today's dimocrap scum party.

The Constitution only requires us to have a SCOTUS. Nothing requires that we have all these little dipshit Courts that get in the way of our Freedom. Nothing.

The problem is, nothing and nobody sticks together like the lying, thieving Judicial Branch. The only reason they have the power they do is because -- They grant it to themselves!!

Fine. Know what, scumbag Judges? How about we cut off your electricity, shut your water valves down and turn off the heat? The Executive Branch is in charge of ALL that. Including paying the rent. You want a generator, you say? We'll get right on that. Talk to you in 4 or 5 years, tops. Water? You don't need to flush your toilets, just live in the shit you created. And since you're scum, you never bathe anyway, so there's that.

We're not 'eliminating your office'. But your Orders don't mean shit unless Court is in Session. You wanna hold Court in an unheated, unlighted 18th Century Courtroom? Go for it.

And I expect Trump to do just that.

The Judicial Branch SERIOUSLY needs to be brought to heel

No.

You see, sometimes it is necessary to destroy democracy in order to save it. 4cereal

That's what these dimocrap SCUM Judges are saying. Democracy can only survive if THEY are in charge because, well, The People are too STUPID to make their own decisions.

My friends, THAT is the entire basis for the existence of today's dimocrap scum party.

The Constitution only requires us to have a SCOTUS. Nothing requires that we have all these little dipshit Courts that get in the way of our Freedom. Nothing.

The problem is, nothing and nobody sticks together like the lying, thieving Judicial Branch. The only reason they have the power they do is because -- They grant it to themselves!!

Fine. Know what, scumbag Judges? How about we cut off your electricity, shut your water valves down and turn off the heat? The Executive Branch is in charge of ALL that. Including paying the rent. You want a generator, you say? We'll get right on that. Talk to you in 4 or 5 years, tops. Water? You don't need to flush your toilets, just live in the shit you created. And since you're scum, you never bathe anyway, so there's that.

We're not 'eliminating your office'. But your Orders don't mean shit unless Court is in Session. You wanna hold Court in an unheated, unlighted 18th Century Courtroom? Go for it.

And I expect Trump to do just that.

The Judicial Branch SERIOUSLY needs to be brought to heel

That was interesting LOL

But don'tcha know? Torture is only for the little people. Oh wait, it's also for Trump who used to be a sort of big people but since they are god, they put him in his place... or are working on it

I predict 9 - 0. Even she isn't that stupid.

Well, you wouldn't think so. But if she can't even say what a woman is

maybe she can't say what a proper decision on the SCOTUS is either...

Oh well, 6 or 7 or more will do the right thing

It looks like the fight in the US from now on

is the lawful, Constitution- upholding folks

v

the opposite (the thugs, criminals)

Gee... did the Founders foresee this?

Answer: Yes, to some extent

but I doubt they ever DREAMED--------------------------!

op Site (emphasis added)

The examples where the Constitution distinguishes between the president and an "Officer of the United States" are legion. You need look only at the text of Section 3 itself. It bars insurrectionists from serving as "elector of President and Vice-President."
Bad legal advice.

The CO decision addressed that directly. You should read it.
Or watch this instead.

op Site (emphasis added)

Section 3 clearly bars those who participate in insurrection from serving in any office.

The presidency is clearly called an "office" in the Constitution.

Well that was easy. Two sentences. Where did you find these dishonest twats?

op Site (emphasis added)

That’s John fucking Yoo

Torture memo guy

I’m sure you can’t. “Truth hurts” as they say.
Do not believe a Prog. A rule for survival. Also. The people pushing this are totally different than the people in 1866. In fact, they may think Trump is the victim. It is clear the Progs are deathly afraid of him winning the Presidency. And if he does, I expect him to treat Progs like they treated him.

Forum List

Back