Rep. King speaks about Boehners "mendacity"?

ABikerSailor

Diamond Member
Aug 26, 2008
Newberry, SC
http://tpmdc.talkingpointsmemo.com/2011/01/rep-steve-ki...

Rep. Steve King (R-Iowa) literally accused the Republican leadership of the House of being a bunch of big old liars on the floor of the House last night. But that isn't exactly what he meant.

During a rant on the floor of the House about health care, King used the world "mendacity" -- meaning untruthfulness -- where he likely meant the opposite.

"As I deliberate and I listen to the gentleman from Tennessee, I have to make a point that when you challenge the mendacity of the leader there is an opportunity to make a motion to take the gentleman's words down, however many of the members are off on other endeavors and the leader and the speaker have established their integrity in their mendacity for years in this Congress and I don't think it can be challenged and those who do so are making aspersions by making wild accusations," King said.

And...........here's the definition of mendacity from dictionary.com

men·dac·i·ty
   /mɛnˈdæsɪti/ Show Spelled[men-das-i-tee] Show IPA
–noun, plural -ties for 2.
1. the quality of being mendacious; untruthfulness; tendency to lie.
2. an instance of lying; falsehood.

Origin:
1640&#8211;50; < LL mend&#257;cit&#257;s falsehood, equiv. to L mend&#257;ci- (s. of mend&#257;x ) given to lying, false + -t&#257;s -ty2

&#8212;Can be confused: &#8194;mendacity, mendicity.

&#8212;Synonyms
1, 2. deception, lie, untruth, deceit.

Now.......Boehner has been calling the Obama health care bill a "jobs killing bill" that takes jobs away from the private sector. No, health care industry jobs have INCREASED by over 20,000, as well as it has saved money for many businesses.

I always knew the republicans were liars, now I've got proof. Rep. King has just called out all the GOP as being a bunch of liars.

Too bad our lawmakers don't understand big words, but given the size of the GOP brain, I can understand that they need to keep it to words that are 5 letters or less in length.

Last edited:
men·dac·i·ty
&#8194; &#8194;/m&#603;n&#712;dæs&#618;ti/ Show Spelled[men-das-i-tee] Show IPA
–noun, plural -ties for 2.
1. the quality of being mendacious; untruthfulness; tendency to lie.
2. an instance of lying; falsehood.

Origin:
1640–50; < LL mend&#257;cit&#257;s falsehood, equiv. to L mend&#257;ci- (s. of mend&#257;x ) given to lying, false + -t&#257;s -ty2

—Can be confused: &#8194;mendacity, mendicity.

—Synonyms
1, 2. deception, lie, untruth, deceit.

Now.......Boehner has been calling the Obama health care bill a "jobs killing bill" that takes jobs away from the private sector. No, health care industry jobs have INCREASED by over 20,000, as well as it has saved money for many businesses.

I always knew the republicans were liars, now I've got proof. Rep. King has just called out all the GOP as being a bunch of liars.

Too bad our lawmakers don't understand big words, but given the size of the GOP brain, I can understand that they need to keep it to words that are 5 letters or less in length.
Those lawmakers are doing what they can, to identify with the Teabaggers.....

widget_bmV477Jlbk4iRFbK5prMCQ.jpg

Yanno..........I thought that those in Congress (and the ones that scream they're right the loudest) knew what the English language actually meant.

Guess not.

Forum List

Back