Rep. Andy Ogles, R-Tenn, Compared to Ron Santos

EvilEyeFleegle

Dogpatch USA
Gold Supporting Member
Nov 2, 2017
Twin Falls Idaho
Huh...another one..why,oh why, must they lie? I know, let the deflection and 'whatabouts' begin--but seriously people, your habit of electing flat-out frauds is kinda sad. There is a lot on info in this article, for those that care to read it.

Freshman Rep. Andy Ogles, R-Tenn., drew comparisons to admitted fabricator Rep. George Santos, R-N.Y., after a new investigation into his resume revealed he has exaggerated several aspects of his life, including being a trained police officer and an expert in international sex crimes.
An investigation from local news outlet NewsChannel 5 revealed several holes in Ogles' personal life story after he claimed to be an economist during the House speaker vote last month.
"Yeah, you know, I'm an economist," Ogles said in a C-SPAN interview. When he was asked later which committees he wanted to be assigned to, Ogles started by saying, "So, I'm an economist."
He then told the TV show Washington Watch later in January, once again, "I'm an economist. I worked in economics. I worked in health care."
Ogles's claims of economic expertise began during his campaign for Congress. During a Wilson County GOP debate, he began one of his answers by saying, "You know, as an economist..." He then used the exact same phrase in his first meeting on the House Financial Services Committee.

The exaggerations don't stop there — Ogles also claims to be a trained police officer with expertise in international sex crimes.

When trying to assert his credibility in a GOP debate, the then-candidate said, "as a former member of law enforcement, worked in international sex crimes, specifically child trafficking...."
He also claimed to have a midlife crisis in which he "went into law enforcement."
"I worked in human trafficking," he stated.
Before taking office in Congress, Ogles told C-SPAN that he has knowledge of human trafficking over the Southern border, claiming to have "first-hand experience of someone who worked in that space. I turned gray because of it."
Last month, he once again told C-SPAN, "You know, part of my career, I worked in human trafficking."
When NewsChannel 5 looked into the claims, they found that the congressman was sworn in as a volunteer reserve deputy with the Williamson County Sheriff's Office in July 2009, but that he lost the position after just two years because he could not meet the minimum standards. He made no progress in field training and failed to attend the required meetings.
"There is nothing in Mr. Ogles training or personnel file that indicates he had any involvement in 'international sex trafficking' in his capacity as a reserve deputy," Williamson County sheriff's spokesperson Sharon Puckett told NewsChannel 5.

Ogles avoided the media during his campaign and he is still dodging questions about his past. The outlet did not receive any comment from his press secretary, nor Laffer, who has previously criticized others for lying about having degrees in economics.

"My election is over, and I've moved on with that — that's fine," Campbell told the outlet. "But I do think going forward people need to know who they are electing."

His name is Ogles??? :auiqs.jpg:

Seriously? Fitting. This really isn't all that surprising. It's what happens when the quality of candidate slips and you start letting just anyone run for office.
Somebody forgot to vet. :)

Huh...another one..why,oh why, must they lie? I know, let the deflection and 'whatabouts' begin--but seriously people, your habit of electing flat-out frauds is kinda sad. There is a lot on info in this article, for those that care to read it.

Freshman Rep. Andy Ogles, R-Tenn., drew comparisons to admitted fabricator Rep. George Santos, R-N.Y., after a new investigation into his resume revealed he has exaggerated several aspects of his life, including being a trained police officer and an expert in international sex crimes.
An investigation from local news outlet NewsChannel 5 revealed several holes in Ogles' personal life story after he claimed to be an economist during the House speaker vote last month.
"Yeah, you know, I'm an economist," Ogles said in a C-SPAN interview. When he was asked later which committees he wanted to be assigned to, Ogles started by saying, "So, I'm an economist."
He then told the TV show Washington Watch later in January, once again, "I'm an economist. I worked in economics. I worked in health care."
Ogles's claims of economic expertise began during his campaign for Congress. During a Wilson County GOP debate, he began one of his answers by saying, "You know, as an economist..." He then used the exact same phrase in his first meeting on the House Financial Services Committee.

The exaggerations don't stop there — Ogles also claims to be a trained police officer with expertise in international sex crimes.

When trying to assert his credibility in a GOP debate, the then-candidate said, "as a former member of law enforcement, worked in international sex crimes, specifically child trafficking...."
He also claimed to have a midlife crisis in which he "went into law enforcement."
Before taking office in Congress, Ogles told C-SPAN that he has knowledge of human trafficking over the Southern border, claiming to have "first-hand experience of someone who worked in that space. I turned gray because of it."
Last month, he once again told C-SPAN, "You know, part of my career, I worked in human trafficking."
When NewsChannel 5 looked into the claims, they found that the congressman was sworn in as a volunteer reserve deputy with the Williamson County Sheriff's Office in July 2009, but that he lost the position after just two years because he could not meet the minimum standards. He made no progress in field training and failed to attend the required meetings.
"There is nothing in Mr. Ogles training or personnel file that indicates he had any involvement in 'international sex trafficking' in his capacity as a reserve deputy," Williamson County sheriff's spokesperson Sharon Puckett told NewsChannel 5.

Ogles avoided the media during his campaign and he is still dodging questions about his past. The outlet did not receive any comment from his press secretary, nor Laffer, who has previously criticized others for lying about having degrees in economics.

"My election is over, and I've moved on with that — that's fine," Campbell told the outlet. "But I do think going forward people need to know who they are electing."
Ogles is from TN 5th congressional district, the one that used to include all of Nashville, until gerrymandered to favor the Republican Party. My son voted for him. He liked the guy, possibly because they have the same alma mater, MTSU, though my son is like me and not impressed with political party membership.

Weird I can't find where Ogles lied about his health after having a stroke and now people talking sounds like

Weird...can't find where this is on topic at all?
Why must you deflect? Is it so very hard just to admit that one got through the net, as it were, and lied his way into office? I'd think a raised eyebrow and a sincere promise to do better would serve us well here. Let's vet our people better.
But no, all we'll get is..whatabout __________________ fill in the blank, right?
It is not about the politics, nor the positions..but it is about the character...or lack thereof~

Ogles is from TN 5th congressional district, the one that used to include all of Nashville, until gerrymandered to favor the Republican Party. My son voted for him. He liked the guy, possibly because they have the same alma mater, MTSU, though my son is like me and not impressed with political party membership.
From the OP link:

However, there is little evidence that Ogles ever received formal training in economics. His congressional bio states that he has a degree from Middle Tennessee State University, "where he studied policy and economics," but the university refused to confirm whether this was true. They cited a portion of a federal law that allows students to block the release of their educational credentials.
"I would think that if he has a block that there must be something wrong," state Sen. Heidi Campbell, D-Tenn., who lost the House race to Ogles, told NewsChannel 5.

However, Ogles' website in 2002 claimed that the congressman "studied foreign policy and the constitution" at Western Kentucky University and Middle Tennessee State. The outlet found no mention of economics on the site.

When they checked with Western Kentucky, they confirmed that he attended from 1990 to 1993, but that he actually majored in English and Allied Language Arts.

When asked about the discrepancy, Ogles shared an image with NewsChannel 5 of a diploma for a bachelor of science degree from Middle Tennessee State in 2007, when he was 36.

However, a résumé from 2009, two years after the congressman graduated from MTSU, stated his degree was in international relations, with minors in psychology and English.

If you are for calling out all of the liars in Congress, and the Senate, I am all for it....But, sadly all you do, like any other hack, is highlight one party over another for your scorn, and ridicule...(Same goes for you White6)....

I assume you'll be starting a thread on Blumenthal, or maybe doing a deep dive on the sitting Democrat members of Congress that embellished their resume's while running...?

Nah, what am I thinking...you'll never do that....

If you are for calling out all of the liars in Congress, and the Senate, I am all for it....But, sadly all you do, like any other hack, is highlight one party over another for your scorn, and ridicule...(Same goes for you White6)....

I assume you'll be starting a thread on Blumenthal, or maybe doing a deep dive on the sitting Democrat members of Congress that embellished their resume's while running...?

Well....I gotta admit..just not seeing the level...of lying and outright deceit, from most, regardless of party.
Embellishment/ Sure..happens all the time. Outright, provable lying about factual events on one's resume? Basic stuff..degrees held and job experience? Not so much.

When you can link someone from the Dem party, with the record of serial lying that Santos or Ogles has, I'm totally open to condemning them also. But, here's the thing. If what you got is old partisan BS..not going to impress me all that much. If Elizabeth Warren is your go-to--I don't care. Blumenthal's 'false valor' is contemptible...but does it rise to a comparable level with Santos or Ogles? I'm sure you think it does. I sure would not vote for him.

Ogles is new though...so yeah, it gets some attention. I think we should do better regardless of party, but in the end, partisans don't really care. Any objective observer would toss Santos out on his ass--but since his state has a Dem Gov. and the likelihood of getting a Dem replacement is high, everyone on the right holds their nose and puts up with him.

I didn't call him out. I only gave background on how he got elected. He doesn't represent me. David Kustoff is my guy.

Weird...can't find where this is on topic at all?
Why must you deflect? Is it so very hard just to admit that one got through the net, as it were, and lied his way into office? I'd think a raised eyebrow and a sincere promise to do better would serve us well here. Let's vet our people better.
But no, all we'll get is..whatabout __________________ fill in the blank, right?
It is not about the politics, nor the positions..but it is about the character...or lack thereof~

Lol, your post starts with whataboutism in the title...

Well....I gotta admit..just not seeing the level...of lying and outright deceit, from most, regardless of party.
Embellishment/ Sure..happens all the time. Outright, provable lying about factual events on one's resume? Basic stuff..degrees held and job experience? Not so much.

When you can link someone from the Dem party, with the record of serial lying that Santos or Ogles has, I'm totally open to condemning them also. But, here's the thing. If what you got is old partisan BS..not going to impress me all that much. If Elizabeth Warren is your go-to--I don't care. Blumenthal's 'false valor' is contemptible...but does it rise to a comparable level with Santos or Ogles? I'm sure you think it does. I sure would not vote for him.

Ogles is new though...so yeah, it gets some attention. I think we should do better regardless of party, but in the end, partisans don't really care. Any objective observer would toss Santos out on his ass--but since his state has a Dem Gov. and the likelihood of getting a Dem replacement is high, everyone on the right holds their nose and puts up with him.
Blumenthal's stolen valor is not only a despicable lie, but as a person who has served my country in uniform, one that is inexcusable...But, remember, there is no degree of lies that should be accepted by you since you are portraying yourself as above that sort of thing for politicians....But, you seem to be saying that only Republican's that lie should face some sort of consequences....That sir is partisan hackery.

Blumenthal's stolen valor is not only a despicable lie, but as a person who has served my country in uniform, one that is inexcusable...But, remember, there is no degree of lies that should be accepted by you since you are portraying yourself as above that sort of thing for politicians....But, you seem to be saying that only Republican's that lie should face some sort of consequences....That sir is partisan hackery.
Interesting..as I've not said that at all..in fact, pretty sure I said the exact opposite.
When you can link someone from the Dem party, with the record of serial lying that Santos or Ogles has, I'm totally open to condemning them also.
Ogles is new though...so yeah, it gets some attention. I think we should do better regardless of party
Oh well~

Last edited:
I didn't call him out. I only gave background on how he got elected. He doesn't represent me. David Kustoff is my guy.
"Kustoff said he had an A+ rating from the NRA; in fact, the NRA had never rated him."

So, you support a liar....

"Kustoff supported Trump's 2017 executive order to impose a temporary ban on entry to the U.S. to citizens of seven Muslim-majority countries, saying, "I believe President Trump is putting American safety first, and I will encourage a long-term plan that is consistent with the values and compassion on which our great nation was founded."[22]"

So, you support a racist...

"Kustoff was one of 126 Republican members of the House of Representatives to sign an amicus brief in support of Texas v. Pennsylvania, a lawsuit filed at the United States Supreme Court contesting the results of the 2020 presidential election,"

And you support an election denier....

Now, my belief is that you support democrats....NOT Republican's....So, not only did you throw up a lie here, but you are in fact yourself dishonest in what you put forth on this website, great example Mod....

And no, I am not going to do a goose chase on YOUR posting history, the persona of who you are is baked in already....

EvilEyeFleegle
1676730414245.gif
1676730414245.gif

Laugh all you want, we all know what you are.....
1676730414245.gif

"Kustoff said he had an A+ rating from the NRA; in fact, the NRA had never rated him."

So, you support a liar....

"Kustoff supported Trump's 2017 executive order to impose a temporary ban on entry to the U.S. to citizens of seven Muslim-majority countries, saying, "I believe President Trump is putting American safety first, and I will encourage a long-term plan that is consistent with the values and compassion on which our great nation was founded."[22]"

So, you support a racist...

"Kustoff was one of 126 Republican members of the House of Representatives to sign an amicus brief in support of Texas v. Pennsylvania, a lawsuit filed at the United States Supreme Court contesting the results of the 2020 presidential election,"

And you support an election denier....

Now, my belief is that you support democrats....NOT Republican's....So, not only did you throw up a lie here, but you are in fact yourself dishonest in what you put forth on this website, great example Mod....

And no, I am not going to do a goose chase on YOUR posting history, the persona of who you are is baked in already....
Yeah...stuff like that is funny--sorta like where you quote just the part you like..and forget the rest. The NRA says that he would have gotten an A rating..so..he embellished a plus onto it eh? But whatever, he's not my guy anyway.

More amusing is how you just decide to toss out statements that YOU don't believe, IMO. Do you think that the election was legit? If not, where do you get off calling anyone an 'election denier'?

Do you believe that Trump's order banning Muslim entry into the US was racist? If not, where do you get off calling someone racist for supporting it?

During the primary campaign Kustoff said he had an A+ rating from the NRA; in fact, the NRA had never rated him. Kustoff had filled out a questionnaire that the NRA said would have given him an A rating; Kustoff's campaign said that the candidate misspoke when he made his claim.
[11]

Forum List

Back