Rep. Alan Grayson (D-FL) Apologizes and Perhaps the Quote of the Year So Far

It's funny because this was really the whole point of me posting this:

“We should care about people even after they are born.”

That quote, right there. Those on the right are so hellbent about every child being born, but they don't want to provide any help for that child if the parents can't afford it. However, they will go ahead and bitch about all the parents who can't afford to have the kids and have them anyway. The double standard is so obvious it's as if it is smacking you in the face to recognize it.

And that "point" has always been so ridiculous that I'm surprised anyone still takes it seriously. Every State has programs to help impoverished children and the private organizations are just as numerous. People love to say this crap to help them feel less guilty about abortion. It's a sick argument, but there it is again.

The GOP fought SCHIP, and are now fighting tooth and nail to derail healthcare reform. The GOP wants to force women to have children, and then wants to wipe their hands of the children after they are born. Those are the facts.

That quote, right there. Those on the right are so hellbent about every child being born, but they don't want to provide any help for that child if the parents can't afford it. However, they will go ahead and bitch about all the parents who can't afford to have the kids and have them anyway. The double standard is so obvious it's as if it is smacking you in the face to recognize it.

And that "point" has always been so ridiculous that I'm surprised anyone still takes it seriously. Every State has programs to help impoverished children and the private organizations are just as numerous. People love to say this crap to help them feel less guilty about abortion. It's a sick argument, but there it is again.

The GOP fought SCHIP, and are now fighting tooth and nail to derail healthcare reform. The GOP wants to force women to have children, and then wants to wipe their hands of the children after they are born. Those are the facts.

^ Copmplete bullshit from "Brave Sir Robin PudYank5150"...

To be expected... Facts and PudYank are bitter enemies...

Thanks Dr House

Lets put them Liberals in their place!

Why don't you show them where republicans have supported child care, birth control, education programs for single mothers, healthcare for children, pre-schools..

That will shut those Liberals up!

Xsited, you fail to realize this is more about the people being born than Abortion. This isn't an argument for Abortion, this is asking for some consistency. Give a fuck about them so they can be born, don't give a fuck from ages 1-18, then want them to join the Military. Notice a certain pattern here? :eusa_eh:

Every State has programs to help impoverished children and the private organizations are just as numerous

State programs that Republicans are always willing to cut whenever possible. You sound like you're taking talking points from Eric Cantor with the private organizations argument. They aren't just as numerous. Many of them are being pushed to the limit, especially in this bad economy. And especially in states where Unemployment is over 10%, 20%, etc.

Last edited:

Since you've already admitted to being a moron, there is no need to explain how your "facts" are in error. Good day.

Thanks Dr House

Why don't you show them where republicans have supported child care, birth control, education programs for single mothers, healthcare for children, pre-schools..

Republicans and conservatives in general are very generous with the money that isn't stolen from them by the gubmint... Liberal douchebags, like yourself and PudYank5150, are very generous with other people's money...

I'd show you cancelled checks to prove it, but you're just an idiot leftwinger so I won't...

Thanks Dr House

Republicans and conservatives in general are very generous with the money that isn't stolen from them by the gubmint... Liberal douchebags, like yourself and PudYank5150, are very generous with other people's money...

I'd show you cancelled checks to prove it, but you're just an idiot leftwinger so I won't...

Sorry son.....

I gave at the office

Thanks Dr House

Sorry son.....

I gave at the office

The problem is, you want to give mine too... son...

That's just rhetoric and is meaningless except as inflammatory propaganda.

The fact is, conservatives DO care about people, very much so. We care about the freedom of people, and we believe they should be able to make their own choices. We believe in managing our own money, and being able to keep enough back from the government so we are able to contribute to charitable sources of our OWN choosing.

Since you've already admitted to being a moron, there is no need to explain how your "facts" are in error. Good day.

That's it, run away! Run away! Good show!:clap2:

That's just rhetoric and is meaningless except as inflammatory propaganda.

The fact is, conservatives DO care about people, very much so. We care about the freedom of people, and we believe they should be able to make their own choices. We believe in managing our own money, and being able to keep enough back from the government so we are able to contribute to charitable sources of our OWN choosing.

Translation: "I got mine. Screw the common good."

Fighting programs that are bad for the American people does not mean that one does not care about the American people. The fact is that the Health Care Reform bills that Congress are trying to force on us today are shit for America and they should be fought.

I will grant you one point though, the Republicans have not offered anything better. However, simply because they don't have any decent alternatives (why would they since neither party gives a shit about the people?) does not mean that they should accept shit.

edit:

:D

You know reading that again, just doesn't make sense. First paragraph, I say they care and the second one I say they don't care. Let me see if I can clarify that! The parties don't give a damn about us and our, so called representatives are more interested in power than anything else, but as people I think both sides, Liberal and Conservative, care. Our representatives simply care about their own power first... then comes the people. Better?

Immie

Last edited:

That's it, run away! Run away! Good show!

Coming from you, that is fucking knock-down hysterical!!!...

Ooooo... Put him on ignore, Brave Sir Robin...:lol::lol:

Fighting programs that are bad for the American people does not mean that one does not care about the American people. The fact is that the Health Care Reform bills that Congress are trying to force on us today are shit for America and they should be fought.

I will grant you one point though, the Republicans have not offered anything better. However, simply because they don't have any decent alternatives (why would they since neither party gives a shit about the people?) does not mean that they should accept shit.

Immie

Most GOP supporters are lean on specifics, but since I can't tell if you are a GOP supporter or not, I will ask. Which people are the healthcare reforms bad for, and why, specifically?

bullshit. every person on the right isn't prolife and everey person on the left isn't pro-choice.
this grayson guy is what's wrong with both sides-lots of heat and no light generated.

fuck him.

bullshit. every person on the right isn't prolife and everey person on the left isn't pro-choice.
this grayson guy is what's wrong with both sides-lots of heat and no light generated.

fuck him.

I hate to admit it, but Del has a point. While I may understand Grayson's frustration with the GOP, his antics didn't help anyone.

Run away from what? You're the one who posts crap and admits to being a moron. Why would anyone care what you think?

Ooooooooooo. My apologies. You're just a troll who just wants to get a response from unsuspecting people. You don't care about the issues or the facts. My bad. Good show! :clap2:

Run away from what? You're the one who posts crap and admits to being a moron. Why would anyone care what you think?

Ooooooooooo. My apologies. You're just a troll who just wants to get a response from unsuspecting people. You don't care about the issues or the facts. My bad. Good show! :clap2:

Thats it!

You just made his ignore list!

;) :lol:

Immie

Most GOP supporters are lean on specifics, but since I can't tell if you are a GOP supporter or not, I will ask. Which people are the healthcare reforms bad for, and why, specifically?

I'm not a GOP supporter because the parties care first about their own power.

The bills being debated today are all bad for us. We cannot afford them. That doesn't mean that I don't realize we need to do something, but what is being proposed will hurt us. We can't afford the increased taxes or the deficit that will result if taxes are not increased. Small business can not afford the forced compliance. Most of us can not afford being forced to carry our own insurance if our employers can't.

Something has to be done! I don't have the solution but what has been proposed will not help.

I have two daughters who are not working and are over 20 years old and living at home. Both are currenty covered by my insurance, but that will run out for them soon. I can see the benefit of having the government mandate that you (yes, you, VAYank) pay for my daughter's healthcare in the near future, but that is not the best solution.

Immie

Immie

I'm not a GOP supporter because the parties care first about their own power.

The bills being debated today are all bad for us. We cannot afford them. That doesn't mean that I don't realize we need to do something, but what is being proposed will hurt us. We can't afford the increased taxes or the deficit that will result if taxes are not increased. Small business can not afford the forced compliance. Most of us can not afford being forced to carry our own insurance if our employers can't.

Something has to be done! I don't have the solution but what has been proposed will not help.

I have two daughters who are not working and are over 20 years old and living at home. Both are currenty covered by my insurance, but that will run out for them soon. I can see the benefit of having the government mandate that you (yes, you, VAYank) pay for my daughter's healthcare in the near future, but that is not the best solution.

Immie

You don't see the issue here? If you can't provide your own health insurance, who do you think gets taxed to help cover your care when you or your daughters need it?

Forum List

Back