Rep. Alan Grayson (D-FL) Apologizes and Perhaps the Quote of the Year So Far

Yup, no Democrats or the media ever sold WMD stories to us before the Iraq invasion. It was just Colin Powell. ;)

Government already controls Medicare and its subject to Billions on fraud and waste annually and is underfunded int eh Trillion.

Clue: Get one today.

But who commits is the fraud, it is not the government. It is the for profit corporations that are willing to steal from the citizens to pad their bottom line and inflate their share price.

I'm not sure how you classify "Fraud" when we already have a system being drained by 17MM Illegal Aliens?

If you want to include illegal immigrants into your argument then that is fine, but I would not call it fraud. Illegal immigration is another issue all together. If you have a solution to providing these individuals with health care then please by all means share. But, as long as we (the CITIZENS of the USA) wish to consume products that are grown, made, or sold on the cheap labor of these individuals then we must pay the cost at some point. Companies want to cut costs by using illegal immigrants for their labor thus increasing their profits. The corporatists are more than happy passing on the bill to individual citizens.

But who commits is the fraud, it is not the government. It is the for profit corporations that are willing to steal from the citizens to pad their bottom line and inflate their share price.

I'm not sure how you classify "Fraud" when we already have a system being drained by 17MM Illegal Aliens?

If you want to include illegal immigrants into your argument then that is fine, but I would not call it fraud. Illegal immigration is another issue all together. If you have a solution to providing these individuals with health care then please by all means share. But, as long as we (the CITIZENS of the USA) wish to consume products that are grown, made, or sold on the cheap labor of these individuals then we must pay the cost at some point. Companies want to cut costs by using illegal immigrants for their labor thus increasing their profits. The corporatists are more than happy passing on the bill to individual citizens.

I heard the best solution the other day: send a bill to the Mexican government for the cost of providing the Health Care

I heard the best solution the other day: send a bill to the Mexican government for the cost of providing the Health Care

Let me get this straight you think that it is a good idea for the government of Mexico to provide for health care for its citizens abroad. but it is a bad idea for the United States government to provide health care for its own citizens here.

Just more hateful partisan B.S. Lets hope the American People make the Democrats pay for thier hateful arrogance in coming Elections. Calling protestors "Un-American Nazis,Mobs,and now this are terrible and unforgivable acts. This kind of hate rhetoric is definitely going to come back to haunt the Democrats in the near future.

Last edited:

Sounds like more scare tactics from the Left. "If you don't pass Obamacare, everyone is going to die!!!!"

And of course from the right we hear that if healthcare reform passes, we'll have death panels and grandmas will be vaporized, etc.

Both are being ridiculous.
:clap2::clap2: Absolutely. I think we can count on the promotion of fear being used by either side as it is such an effective tool. Getting supporters emotionally torqued up serves their purpose. A lot of us don't like playing the tool and glad to see another here who doesn't, either.

Let me get this straight you think that it is a good idea for the government of Mexico to provide for health care for its citizens abroad. but it is a bad idea for the United States government to provide health care for its own citizens here.

I think its a good idea for Mexico to be forced to pay for the care we provide to the citizen they encourage to Illegally migrate here

I think its a good idea for Mexico to be forced to pay for the care we provide to the citizen they encourage to Illegally migrate here

Why can we not just tax the corporation that hires them and keeps them here. That is another way to make up for the cost, right?

Why can we not just tax the corporation that hires them and keeps them here. That is another way to make up for the cost, right?

Bad idea. That would not serve to prevent the illegals from coming here and staying here.

No. We need to be more pro-active in preventing illegal immigration.

Instead of making the corporations that hire illegals subsidize their health care costs, we should seriously penalize the corporations that hire the illegals -- and as an added disinsentive to the illegals coming in here (illegally), they should be denied the benefits of being here legally!

Bad idea. That would not serve to prevent the illegals from coming here and staying here.

Instead of making the corporations that hire illegals subsidize their health care costs, we should seriously penalize the corporations that hire the illegals -- and as an added disinsentive to the illegals coming in here (illegally), they should be denied the benefits of being here legally!

Illegals should be treated ONCE and then sent back to the country of their origin. If they have children, the children should be sent with them. If the children were born in this country, they can come back when they are adults. Illegals that do not pay for medical care should not be able to sue for that said care.

The point was not a method of curbing illegal immigration but more rather a means to provide the funds for the health care while they are in this country. I do not see how the US could have the audacity to bill a foreign government for the healthcare of Mexican citizens when they will not pay for the health care of their own.

Illegals should be treated ONCE and then sent back to the country of their origin. If they have children, the children should be sent with them. If the children were born in this country, they can come back when they are adults. Illegals that do not pay for medical care should not be able to sue for that said care.

I agree and good point

The point was not a method of curbing illegal immigration but more rather a means to provide the funds for the health care while they are in this country. I do not see how the US could have the audacity to bill a foreign government for the healthcare of Mexican citizens when they will not pay for the health care of their own.

fuck mexico. put em on a raft in the rio bravo and call it a day.

No. "The" point is that in this debacle we call a health care reform "debate," we do not want to encourage illegals from seeing the United States as even MORE of a panacea.

If we want to spend our money (however wisely or unwisely) on some government controlled or dominated health care delivery "system," that's bad enough. But we have the right of soverignty and that entails making sure that we spend our money on US. It limits the cost if we do that. Limiting the cost is an obvious virtue, since lower costs (in theory) allow for greater delivery of services to the people who are "entitled" to that service. That would be US. Those of us who are citizens or at least here LEGALLY.

IF Mexico actually encourages its own people to violate OUR immigration laws, then they damn well SHOULD get the tab for associated costs -- and that's clearly true regardless of how well "we" pay for our own citizen's health care. And we sure as shit DO pay -- through the fucking teeth -- to provide health care for our own.

You should know. Can you say "WMD"?[/QUOTE]

But its okay for Republicans to say if we do pass obamacare, the government will kill your grandma? Isn't that a scare tactic?

Think Progress » Grayson stands by criticism of Republican plan: ‘I would like to apologize to the dead.’

Overall, good article.

Yesterday, Rep. Alan Grayson (D-FL) said the Republican health care plan is “don’t get sick,” and if you do get sick, “die quickly.” After offering those facetious and sadly accurate remarks, Grayson came under criticism from Rep. Tom Price (R-GA), who demanded that Grayson apologize on the House floor. Speaking to reporters this afternoon, Grayson said, “Yes, it was tongue-in-cheek. I’m surprised I have to explain that, but that’s the way it goes these days.” He added that he’s “not taking any of it back” and will “stand by what I said.” When asked if he would apologize, Grayson offered this response:

“I would like to apologize,” he said. “I would like to apologize to the dead.”

However, this is what I consider to be the quote of the year:

Grayson added in another apparent dig at the GOP, “We should care about people even after they are born.”

:clap2:

ROFLMNAO... check out the 'thanks" listed at the bottom of the OP... it's a 'Who's Who' of the USMB lowest common denominators...

Grayson is an imbecile and his would-be apology goes well beyond proving that.

Imagine now, that there is some responsibility by the collective, to pay for healthcare which; THE SAME IDIOTS HAVE, THROUGH THE POLICY WHICH THEY'VE ALREADY FOISTED UPON THE SYSTEM, DRIVEN THE COST OF HEALTHCARE BEYOND THE MEANS OF MOST INDIVIDUALS.

And how did they do that? THROUGH THE ABUSIVE LEGISLATION WHICH FORCED ALL MANNER OF LIABILITY AND EXPENSE INTO THE SYSTEM...

Fuck Grayson and fuck every single human being who is advocating for national healthcare...

The same guy is advocating for FINING THE POOREST AMERICANS $25,000 and putting them into PRISON if they do not buy healthinsurance.

I pay $800/month for my families HCI... but if I should get to a point where I need to drop that insurance for a period... I fucking DARE you cockpolishers to fine me for doing so.

On a side note... it's hilarious that the SAME IDIOTS THAT DEMANDED THAT the S.C. Rep. apologize for correctly pointing out that Hussein was lying during his assertions to the Legislature that Republicans are liars, are now finding just NO plausible grounds for Grayson to apologize.

What you're pushing for is Civil War... and you're going to find that War inevitably cancels all insurances... under the principle of Force Majeure...

Last edited:
Care for them after there born??? This from the leftist idiots that throw the poor into run down tenaments that make the poor houses of the 19th century look like bastions of shining altruism? This from the leftist hacks apprently really do love the poor since almost every policy they propound makes it ever more freaking difficult to escape the government run slums they appear to believe everybody but them ought to have to live in. Give me a break.

Hell almost all the private adoptions in this country that don't involve some Hollywood hottie flying over seas and grabbing some orphan off the streets of Nairobi and don't cost a minimum of twenty five grand are run by Catholic social services, Lutheran social services and the Presbyterian equivalent.

Care about them after their born? Don't make me laugh. In what way are the poor any better off now than they were fifty years ago? Hint they aren't and after spending 10 to 20 times the money we've spent in Iraq all we've got to show for is a poverty line twenty times higher than it was when the war on poverty began 40 years ago under LBJ. And you can make more money and still be poor in this country than in any other country on earth.

Care for them after there born??? This from the leftist idiots that throw the poor into run down tenaments that make the poor houses of the 19th century look like bastions of shining altruism? This from the leftist hacks apprently really do love the poor since almost every policy they propound makes it ever more freaking difficult to escape the government run slums they appear to believe everybody but them ought to have to live in. Give me a break.

Hell almost all the private adoptions in this country that don't involve some Hollywood hottie flying over seas and grabbing some orphan off the streets of Nairobi and don't cost a minimum of twenty five grand are run by Catholic social services, Lutheran social services and the Presbyterian equivalent.

Care about them after their born? Don't make me laugh. In what way are the poor any better off now than they were fifty years ago? Hint they aren't and after spending 10 to 20 times the money we've spent in Iraq all we've got to show for is a poverty line twenty times higher than it was when the war on poverty began 40 years ago under LBJ. And you can make more money and still be poor in this country than in any other country on earth.
And the bleeding hearts have effectively shut down any state orphanages as they were just too hard on the tykes. So, as you said, charity is all that is left and that's not enough.

Forum List

Back