Far right extremists going way too far in tearing down Obama

ElmerMudd

Diamond Member
Jun 20, 2009
Northwest
Our political system is built on freeedom of speech, open diagreement and discussion.
We can have disagreement and have regime change without a revolt or a political coup. That is what has been the basis of the success of our country.

Dispite vigorous disagreement their has been a base of civility.

The far right extremists are going beyond reason and civility. Their criticism is based on lies that are intended to play on emotion rather than reason; birthers, death boards etc. Their goal is not to produce discussion but to encourage revolt.
Horrific claims and polls are showing up on line.
Obama's dissenters are claiming similarities of Obama to Hitler. An articiles has been written on whether a military coup is appropriate.

Strong and heated disagreement has been part of our system from the beginning. But I do agree there is something very different and very wrong with todays political climate.

What is out of line in our system is not Obama and his administration. What is out of line is the far right extremists and the tactics of lies playing on emotion to undermine our system.

While I would agree with what you say, you must also admit that the left used these same exact tactics against Bush and the Republicans. Before that, the Republicans did it with Clinton and the Democrats. This is just politics as usual.

Our political system is built on freeedom of speech, open diagreement and discussion.
We can have disagreement and have regime change without a revolt or a political coup. That is what has been the basis of the success of our country.

The far right extremists are going beyond reason and civility. Their criticism is based on lies that are intended to play on emotion rather than reason; birthers, death boards etc. Their goal is not to produce discussion but to encourage revolt.
Obama's dissenters are claiming similarities of Obama to Hitler. An articiles has been written on whether a military coup is appropriate.

Strong and heated disagreement has been part of our system from the beginning. But I do agree there is something very different and very wrong with todays political climate.

What is out of line in our system is not Obama and his administration. What is out of line is the far right extremists and the tactics of lies playing on emotion to undermine our system.

Far right is no government at all. The group you are trying to chastise is on the left side of the political scale. How about that. Right next to you.

If you are going to rant and rave, get your facts straight.

Civility goes out the window when Americans see their freedom being sucked out from under them. Besides which, criminal thugs don't get "civility".

Palin, Bush, McCain, Rush, etc..

You are so short sighted you can't see past the tip of your own nose.

i'm not sure who said it but someone told me kitten koder was non-partisan...

I agree there was vehement criticism of Bush. Much was very hateful.

But the focus of the criticism on Bush was that he was extremely stupid. Not that he is not even an American citizen who is like Hitler.

There were the same claims against Bush that are being against Obama in that he was breaking the constitution by taking our rights away. The solution that was most prevantly discussed was impeachment. I am hearing revolt and coup from the extreme opponents of Obama.

There is no doubt that Bush was one of the most criticized Presidents in our history. Many more vehemently criticized Bush than are criticizing Obama.

But the flavor of the extreme Obama haters is different than we have seen in the past. There appears to be a call to action that could threaten our system. The vast majority of the criticism in the past has stayed within our system.

Our system stays alive with compromise. The right wingnuts do not understand compromise.

i'm not sure who said it but someone told me kitten koder was non-partisan...

I was one of those who protested Bush regularly in real life. ;)

But the focus of the criticism on Bush was that he was extremely stupid. Not that he is not even an American citizen who is like Hitler.

There were the same claims against Bush that are being against Obama in that he was breaking the constitution by taking our rights away. The solution that was most prevantly discussed was impeachment. I am hearing revolt and coup from the extreme opponents of Obama.

There is no doubt that Bush was one of the most criticized Presidents in our history. Many more vehemently criticized Bush than are criticizing Obama.

But the flavor of the extreme Obama haters is different than we have seen in the past. There appears to be a call to action that could threaten our system. The vast majority of the criticism in the past has stayed within our system.

Our system stays alive with compromise. The right wingnuts do not understand compromise.

keep calling people names and look for compromise? DUmmie much?

Yeah yeah, sure sure. When the lefties smeared the evil Boooosh endlessly and with malice and with a hostility toward the truth, that was fine. Peachy. Nothing to see here. Move along.

But when some guys on the right openly criticize President Obama, well that's different! My my my! The inhumanity is too much to bear.

Poor suffering liberoidal hypocrites. My heart bleeds for poor you.

Get over yourself, Elmer. Fuck. Even President Obama is tougher than you, ya wuss.

The left wing bullshit machine has zero room to bitch......That strategy seemed to be perfrctly egit when it was used against the eeeeevvviiillll BOOOOOOOSH.

Ever post anything that isn't partisan bullshit Dude? Do you think (oops, lol)...do you believe anything you say is credible, given you spin everything to fit your propaganda?

You must be overly sensitive. What name did I use that would prevent you from considering compromise.

A compromise is usually made to get as much as you can for your side as opposed to getting nothing. You do it for yourself as opposed to for the other side.

You must be overly sensitive. What name did I use that would prevent you from considering compromise.

A compromise is usually made to get as much as you can for your side as opposed to getting nothing. You do it for yourself as opposed to for the other side.

well cupcake, "wingNUT" turns me right off to compromise! From that point on you can :eusa_hand:

While I would agree with what you say, you must also admit that the left used these same exact tactics against Bush and the Republicans. Before that, the Republicans did it with Clinton and the Democrats. This is just politics as usual.

Some on the far left used similar tactics against Bush; that was a small minority who spread rumors and used personal attacks. It was not an organized full scale surge as we witness today, nor did it begin before Bush took the oath of office.
People such as Dude want to rewrite history; he and others wrap themselves in the flag and pretend to believe in our Constitution and the principle of liberty and justice. They don't; the insurrgent right wing in the US today is Authoritarian and doesn't have any loyalty to our nation or it's citizens - they are motivated by self interest and react out of hate and fear.

Some on the far left used similar tactics against Bush; that was a small minority who spread rumors and used personal attacks. It was not an organized full scale surge as we witness today, nor did it begin before Bush took the oath of office.
People such as Dude want to rewrite history; he and others wrap themselves in the flag and pretend to believe in our Constitution and the principle of liberty and justice. They don't; the insurrgent right wing in the US today is Authoritarian and doesn't have any loyalty to our nation or it's citizens - they are motivated by self interest and react out of hate and fear.

Bullshit, Bullshit, unadulerated repasturized, reprocessed total Bullshit!

Forum List

Back