Renewables are the future

Today, wind power provides 1.8 percent of all the energy consumed in the United States. Though wind power has increased substantially since 1970, it constitutes only a small fraction of U.S. electricity supply. In 2013, wind power accounted for 4.4 percent of all electricity generated in the U.S.

Wind-1-e1437773556865.png

Wind - IER

4.4% of the electricity used in the US in 2013. Perhaps some posters should research before demonstrating their abysmal ignorance.
Prove the Wind Industry produces 1.8%

I supplied a source. 1.8 % total energy, 4.4 % of the electricity used in 2013 in the US. Instead of just babbling on, why don't you supply a source that states that this is not the case. One that is credible. In the meantime, the present year is 2016, so the amount that the wind provides us is now greater the 4.4 %.

I supplied a source. 1.8 % total energy, 4.4 % of the electricity used in 2013 in the US. Instead of just babbling on, why don't you supply a source that states that this is not the case. One that is credible. In the meantime, the present year is 2016, so the amount that the wind provides us is now greater the 4.4 %.
What was that source?

Prove your assertions, just cause you can find an article from the wind industry with your first google post does not make it fact.

The Government told us that the Largest Solar Plant in the World works, and they count the energy from it as Solar Energy, yet it runs on natural gas. So we have proved you lie, as does the government.

So go ahead, post something that proves your assertion.

It is impossible, that is my point, you know it, hence your reply is nonsense.

Today, wind power provides 1.8 percent of all the energy consumed in the United States. Though wind power has increased substantially since 1970, it constitutes only a small fraction of U.S. electricity supply. In 2013, wind power accounted for 4.4 percent of all electricity generated in the U.S.

Wind - IER

4.4% of the electricity used in the US in 2013. Perhaps some posters should research before demonstrating their abysmal ignorance.
We need to change this. We should be using coal and oil 4.4% of the time and green 95.6%

When you have a govt. subsidized monopoly it's easier than you think...

As someone who WORKS for an electric utility company (a large one), we have no use for this renewable stuff. It's a royal pain in the ass for us.
When you take a section OFF LINE those pains in the ass continue to feed the lines from the houses.. got to go door to door to remove the voltage by pulling the meters.. Yep,, IT SUCKS! and the Fire Departments dont like it either..

No, bullshit! When the service goes down, the systems disconnect from the grid!

If they are incorrectly attached and wired they do not. Which is the situation with about 40% of all systems when tested. The post to which I was responding is correct.

Tell me, if you place the power sense wire that should be on the input from grid in the wrong place and you sense the collector output rather than the grid input what do you think happens?

NO.. You posted RATED SYSTEM OUTPUTS not actual outputs.. These are two totally different things. One is just 24% of the other...

Why do you lie and deceive?

Wind - IER

You dont even read your own dam links...

"rated systems capacity" which means they are claiming that a 100Mw system is being credited for output when its back up coal fired plants are supplying their power while they cant produce it.... Even the IEA's document is deceptive.

Sometimes you must read what is written and decipher what it is they actually said.. In this case the IEA clearly is giving renewables a pass and ignoring their uselessness. WHY?

Wind - IER

We need to change this. We should be using coal and oil 4.4% of the time and green 95.6%

YOU FIRST....

lets see how long you last in Wyoming or Montana, hell even NY this weekend..

Wind - IER

YOU FIRST....

I should have my heat hooked up to a thing powered by me walking on a treadmill. Or a bike.

Sure, if you forget that Green needs to use coal and oil to be produced and to operate. No Oil no Green. No Coal and you can not build a solar panel nor a wind turbine.

Hey, I bet you can't name for cities that are 100% Green. And for this, just say it off the top of your head, I already saw your link, this is a test to see if you read what you post.

Wind - IER

YOU FIRST....

I should have my heat hooked up to a thing powered by me walking on a treadmill. Or a bike.

Good luck with that.. Hope it keeps you warm all night long while you sleep..

colored drawings from a google search are not proof

colored drawings from a google search are not proof
Yea but they look impressive. You win. I get it! But we still need to do more green and less coal and oil. I don't know maybe we can run on shit or turn weeds into fuel. I'm no expert.

But seriously, when we run out of coal and oil what will we do in your opinion.

Yea but they look impressive. You win. I get it! But we still need to do more green and less coal and oil. I don't know maybe we can run on shit or turn weeds into fuel. I'm no expert.

As a society with a huge population, we will die.

Wind needs Coal to be built, at that Wind uses or consumes Coal faster, Wind increases demand for Coal, so to build Wind we run out of Coal sooner, oil as well.

Using more Coal and Oil at a faster rate will not save us, it is destroying us.

Renewables are the future

Baffles me some people still don't accept this.
It baffles me how you people think wind and solar can provide the electricity needed for current usage and bring electricity to the people who don't have it now

The reality is that only nuclear can provide abundant emission free and reliable electricity

Yes and no. Nuclear has it's own problems, mainly the waste generated which has to be dealt with.

Now when fission becomes possible, then there's an argument to be made there. However that's nowhere near doable currently. Maybe in another 50 years we'll be getting somewhere in that field.

Not really
There Is No Such Thing as Nuclear Waste

New generation rectors actually eat the waste of older light water reactors
Integral fast reactors do the same and have been proven to be self limiting

So by recycling and using new reactor tech we can virtually eliminate nuclear waste

Yes and no. Nuclear has it's own problems, mainly the waste generated which has to be dealt with.

Now when fission becomes possible, then there's an argument to be made there. However that's nowhere near doable currently. Maybe in another 50 years we'll be getting somewhere in that field.

I guess the "i" is a bit close to the "u" on the keyboard so I know you meant, Fusion.

Anyhow, I thought you would at least rate one of my posts as informative?

Wind needs Coal to be built, at that Wind uses or consumes Coal faster, Wind increases demand for Coal, so to build Wind we run out of Coal sooner, oil as well.

I actually don't see a problem with it if over the next 1000 years our population was reduced to 25% of what it is now. Not genocide or plagues but just people having fewer kids.

I don't get why gas is $1.40 right now. They said Americans have a lot more disposable income. People are using the money to pay down debt and buy things. Why is gas so cheap? They know they can get $4 why give it away? We're using it up! Not good right?

So nuclear is the future?

I actually don't see a problem with it if over the next 1000 years our population was reduced to 25% of what it is now. Not genocide or plagues but just people having fewer kids.

I don't get why gas is $1.40 right now. They said Americans have a lot more disposable income. People are using the money to pay down debt and buy things. Why is gas so cheap? They know they can get $4 why give it away? We're using it up! Not good right?

For countries like China yes, The USA has transferred our nuclear technology to China, currently China has 25 nuclear plants under construction with plans for another 25.

China plans to be an exporter of Nuclear Technology, our technology that we gave them. China will produce all the components for a nuclear reactor and lead the world, with was once ours.

We will have failing Wind Turbines we can not spin up in an emergency, we have failed and are and will pay the biggest price in the history of the world.

Who are you going to kill first? Yourself? Or are you going to go looking for others to do in first? You liberals are all the same.. you never think things through.. NEVER.. If you come looking for me you will have a problem..

Last edited:

Forum List

Back