Renewables are the future

They can make gas/fuel out of weeds and common grass. At least they're working on it while you drill baby drill

Have you looked at how much MORE oil is used when you are making biofuel? There's a reason why bio jet fuel costs 35 bucks a gallon while standard jet fuel is around 5 bucks.

There is not a single bio fuel that can be produced that uses less fossil fuels than simply using that which is pumped from the ground. Bio fuels are a LAST resort fuel for when all the oil is gone. Then, and only then will bio fuels be cost effective and that is because they will be all that's left.

It is a common refrain amongst you folks that you truly have no clue what you are speaking about. And this is a classic example of that.
We can run on fecies
It takes more energy to process the poo than you get out of it. That's the whole point. Try doing some basic research some time. Down in Carson City the state prison used to operate a biowaste powered power plant. It failed. Even getting the waste material FOR FREE wasn't enough of a benefit. They couldn't even make it work when the fuel was FREE.
In the future you will just throw garbage in your fuel tank and your car will run on it.

Sure it will. It would be very nice if the world worked like in the movies. Unfortunately for you, it doesn't.

Its not unfortunate for you too? Why not? Do you want the world to end sooner rather than later? Luckily the smart people won't give up trying and when they solve the problems you say are unsolvable, I won't even bother telling you I told you so because you aren't worth even giving you a seat at the table. You and elecktra can just crawl down in a cave and keep digging for coal. Be careful she likes to have sex at work at night when no one else is around.

Yes and no. Nuclear has it's own problems, mainly the waste generated which has to be dealt with.

Now when fission becomes possible, then there's an argument to be made there. However that's nowhere near doable currently. Maybe in another 50 years we'll be getting somewhere in that field.
How is the waste a problem today? How much land do we need to store it? If it is a problem how are they handling it now? How does France deal with thier wsste.

It's a problem because of the time it takes to decay, and store. It's not as big of a problem due to the limited number of reactors built, but it's definitely something to consider. As far as I know the French are storing theirs underground, like everyone else. Sooner or later you run out of room until they figure a way to neutralize it.

That I'd say more than the scare tactics associated with nuclear power is the reason more plants aren't built.

The main problem is people don't understand nuclear waste issues either. The longer the half life of a substance, the less dangerous it is. Half life is a direct measurement of how dangerous a radioactive isotope is. Uranium 238 has a half life of 4.5 billion years. So long as you don't ingest it the stuff won't bother you for the most part.

Iodine 131 on the other hand, with a half life of 8 days, emits gamma rays at a prodigious rate and merely being in its presence can lead to genetic damage and if exposure is too great radiation poisoning is the result with the subsequent nasty death. Long term, low dosage exposure will lead to various cancers in most people.

The beauty of a fast half life isotope is that it quite literally sublimates away with time into stable elements that are no longer dangerous. The more the material involved the more time is needed, but after a few years for even a major contamination the danger is vastly reduced.
I think a post referring to dr bill warrenburg will disagree, he is a livermoore type scientist.

Uranium has 2 states? Before you are correct, after fission much different.

No time now, but wattenburg will be my source. Before and after, easy to think how different the half life will be

I know Bill quite well and he is a font of information.
Well, it is funny how a bit of my knowledge you have actually met the peoplle.

Have you looked at how much MORE oil is used when you are making biofuel? There's a reason why bio jet fuel costs 35 bucks a gallon while standard jet fuel is around 5 bucks.

There is not a single bio fuel that can be produced that uses less fossil fuels than simply using that which is pumped from the ground. Bio fuels are a LAST resort fuel for when all the oil is gone. Then, and only then will bio fuels be cost effective and that is because they will be all that's left.

It is a common refrain amongst you folks that you truly have no clue what you are speaking about. And this is a classic example of that.
We can run on fecies
It takes more energy to process the poo than you get out of it. That's the whole point. Try doing some basic research some time. Down in Carson City the state prison used to operate a biowaste powered power plant. It failed. Even getting the waste material FOR FREE wasn't enough of a benefit. They couldn't even make it work when the fuel was FREE.
In the future you will just throw garbage in your fuel tank and your car will run on it.

Sure it will. It would be very nice if the world worked like in the movies. Unfortunately for you, it doesn't.

Its not unfortunate for you too? Why not? Do you want the world to end sooner rather than later? Luckily the smart people won't give up trying and when they solve the problems you say are unsolvable, I won't even bother telling you I told you so because you aren't worth even giving you a seat at the table. You and elecktra can just crawl down in a cave and keep digging for coal. Be careful she likes to have sex at work at night when no one else is around.

I have never claimed they were unsolvable. Why is it that when you progressives are backed into a corner instead of learning something you come out with the lies? Why is that? Then after the lies, you resort to juvenile insults. Really doesn't cast you in a good light dude.

Here's the deal monkey boy. The world has limited resources. i would much rather see those resources used for INTELLIGENT research instead of pissed away on some pie in the sky bullshit that has a one percent chance of producing something but is continued because it keeps a few people employed in the field.

We KNOW that nuclear power is safe, clean, and incredibly efficient.

We also KNOW that renewables, with the exception of hydroelectric power, is not.

Do you understand that? If we were to suddenly adopt your pie in the sky energy systems billions would die, and trust me...you would be one of them. Without your local Mikey D's I am sure you would starve. We have been self sufficient for over 15 years but it took us 12 years to get there and a lot of work.

You guys are insane. We want to stop tearing down rainforests and trees. Stop making our oceans our toilet bowls. Stop tearing away the ozone causing global warming fracking nuclear smokestack mother fuckers.

Ever see avatar? I know who you rooted for

We? You can only speak for yourself. What you want is not what your, "we", are doing.

You want to stop cutting down rainforests but that wood is being used to make Iron used to build your Wind Turbines.

You want to save the planet but you destroy miles and miles of the earth installing Windmills.

You say we can kive without coal but have no way to replace the coal used to manufacture millions of wind mills.

You claim we dont need coal while your green industry has dramatically and significantly increased the use of coal.

You use terms like renewable for wind mills that you replace with bigger ones every 8 years.

You claim cities are a 100% green that burn coal and wood.

You call Aspen an example of a 100% clean energy city when they use methane from the coal mine they sit on and tax to build wind mills.

And at that, your lousy wind mills leak oil everywhere they are placed.

Alternative, renewabke, green, clean, is all lies. Nothing you produce today, or in the future can be described as Green, Clean, Renewable, or alternative.

View attachment 62977
They can make gas/fuel out of weeds and common grass. At least they're working on it while you drill baby drill

We can run on fecies
Considering that is precisely what you are spreading.. we just might..

We can run on fecies

I have never claimed they were unsolvable. Why is it that when you progressives are backed into a corner instead of learning something you come out with the lies? Why is that? Then after the lies, you resort to juvenile insults. Really doesn't cast you in a good light dude.

Here's the deal monkey boy. The world has limited resources. i would much rather see those resources used for INTELLIGENT research instead of pissed away on some pie in the sky bullshit that has a one percent chance of producing something but is continued because it keeps a few people employed in the field.

We also KNOW that renewables, with the exception of hydroelectric power, is not.

Do you understand that? If we were to suddenly adopt your pie in the sky energy systems billions would die, and trust me...you would be one of them. Without your local Mikey D's I am sure you would starve. We have been self sufficient for over 15 years but it took us 12 years to get there and a lot of work.
I see your agenda. You want to protect these industries.

I get what you guys are saying but trust me it won't be someone like you who comes up with a better solution. While you and Electra defend nuclear coal and oil and poo poo green tech we're figuring shit out.

Let me guess you and coalman electra don't believe in global warming either. No political agenda here

You guys are insane. We want to stop tearing down rainforests and trees. Stop making our oceans our toilet bowls. Stop tearing away the ozone causing global warming fracking nuclear smokestack mother fuckers.

Ever see avatar? I know who you rooted for

We? You can only speak for yourself. What you want is not what your, "we", are doing.

You want to stop cutting down rainforests but that wood is being used to make Iron used to build your Wind Turbines.

You want to save the planet but you destroy miles and miles of the earth installing Windmills.

You say we can kive without coal but have no way to replace the coal used to manufacture millions of wind mills.

You claim we dont need coal while your green industry has dramatically and significantly increased the use of coal.

You use terms like renewable for wind mills that you replace with bigger ones every 8 years.

You call Aspen an example of a 100% clean energy city when they use methane from the coal mine they sit on and tax to build wind mills.

Alternative, renewabke, green, clean, is all lies. Nothing you produce today, or in the future can be described as Green, Clean, Renewable, or alternative.

View attachment 62977

We can run on fecies
And we all produce it every day. Sometimes 2 times a day.

We may run out of oil but never shit.

Bet we could run shit on shit

View attachment 62977

We can run on fecies
And we all produce it every day. Sometimes 2 times a day.

We may run out of oil but never shit.

Bet we could run shit on shit
Your mouth has an endless supply of it...

I get what you guys are saying but trust me it won't be someone like you who comes up with a better solution. While you and Electra defend nuclear coal and oil and poo poo green tech we're figuring shit out.

Let me guess you and coalman electra don't believe in global warming either. No political agenda here

No, I don't. I HATE the fact that oil is burned up to make our cars move. I really am. It is a huge waste when one considers what other uses that oil has. On the other hand i also KNOW beyond a doubt that choosing to use the most inefficient energy systems to power the world is stupid beyond belief.

You end up going backwards instead of forwards and if your head were not so far up your ass you would understand that fact.

What your doing is not figuring things out... Its demanding we return to the stone age (or in your case the stoned age- whatever it is your smoking has killed any cognitive thought capabilities).

Global Warming? Your an idiot who thinks this means its all man made.. The earth has warmed and cooled all by itself for billions of years.. And not one alarmist has shown empirical evidence to support their bull shit CAGW (man made) claims..

Renewable sources are the future. Unfortunately despite some's protestations to the contrary, it's not remotely profitable now.

One day, it will be. You learn lessons in practical application of theory, you don't learn in theory.

My guess is 30-40 years before it passes that point though, there's some pretty serious engineering challenges that will need to be addressed when we overcome a few tech advance bottlenecks that could happen tomorrow, but probably won't be in the next decade.
I graduated architectural school in 1976. We were told then that renewable's were the "next big thing".

Hmm. That was 40 years ago. I don't think I'll hold my breath.

Mark

Renewable sources are the future. Unfortunately despite some's protestations to the contrary, it's not remotely profitable now.

One day, it will be. You learn lessons in practical application of theory, you don't learn in theory.

My guess is 30-40 years before it passes that point though, there's some pretty serious engineering challenges that will need to be addressed when we overcome a few tech advance bottlenecks that could happen tomorrow, but probably won't be in the next decade.
I graduated architectural school in 1976. We were told then that renewable's were the "next big thing".

Hmm. That was 40 years ago. I don't think I'll hold my breath.

Mark

They told us fusion power would be available in the next decade too.

And according to what you just said, 100% of the waste is recycled, and there's zero problem just leaving it lying anywhere. Gotcha.

I said France recycled the spent fuel rods. Words are a funny thing. A nuclear reactor does not create nuclear waste. Waste is the label that the activists use.

Only 5% of the energy is spent when a nuclear fuel rod is removed from a nuclear reactor. I think that has changed seeings how our reactors used to run only 180 days and nights in a row to upwards of 500 continuos days. I hear nuclesr ships and subs run 20 years before needing fuel.

But either way nuclear fuel is recycled or used again in france.

And yes, spent nuclear fuel can be stored above ground, like where it us stored on the beach at san onofre in california.
So you're an hourly employee in a toxix dump
Yep, part time, 4,000$ a week. 72-84 hours, this week I get 40 hours of overtime, 32 straight. But seeings how i am older i stay in the office analyzing data here in nascar country. The aquisition crew is far away acquiring data at a heavy water reactor.

You want a job in this field, message me and I will gladly help you out. You need to have fair credit and no police record.

There are schools but the big boys all have thier own training programs.

It is nice to tell people my title, post pics of my work, but you wont find a post where I suggest you can not do what I do.

It takes some years to reach my level but the youger guys end up making more cause they work more hours, moving and setting up the remote controled robotics that go into the very high radiation areas. You do get exposed to radiation, I have 15 R lifetme.

I work on a componet of the nuclear reactor..

Spent fuel will kill you if you are exposed to it, when I looked at it, it was in the spent fuel pool or the reactor pool. Boronated water is used as a shield.

Anyhow my field is good, not great, but above average pay for part time work.
You're in charge of all the blue valves
Been there. I did radioactive decontamination at songs for compustion engineering.

Valves, Curtiss-Wright (yes, thee Wright Brothers) makes flow control valves.

Of course as a jarhead a bucket and mop would of been a luxery.

What you demean, are good jobs, cleaning up at a nuclear site pays good.

Baffles me some people still don't accept this.
Right now we rely 90% on oil and coal and 10% on green energy. We need to flip that.

Years ago dumb me wondered why we weren't harnassing the energy of currents. Now I hear we are.

If oil and coal dried up tomorrow the oil companies would figure out renewable energy if they haven't already.

Can you make the sun shine effectively for more than 6 or 8 hours a day? Can you MAKE the wind blow?

Nope.. Those problems are not gonna get fixed. Or not without major environmental impact. Wind and solar are SUPPLEMENTS -- not ALTERNATIVES. And if you packed the grid with all could effectively back up with RELIABLE power -- it would 10 to 15% of demand. Can't "invert" those numbers based on wind and solar.

Then you have environmental morons thinking that putting massive barriers into bays and lining them with chopping blade cuisinarts are environmentally green.. Tidal designs are a disaster for our most sensitive estuaries, coasts and bays. But hey.. You hate little fossil fuel just a little more than you care about crayfish and dolphin -- I suppose.

The biggest problem alternative energy faces is storage. We simply do not have batteries capable of storing energy that would not pollute more than they cut pollution.

Mark

Lets not forget.......by nature, supporters of renewable energy are progressives. "Costs" to a progressive never, ever matter. They never want to talk about real costs. That's why I exist in this forum.........to expose the fraud with these people.

REAL costs of wind power transmission ( government lies on this are jawdropping ) >>

Wind Energy and Examining Cost | The Energy Collective

Those curious to learn more about renewable energy should be cautioned..........

Proponents of AGW consistently promote rigged statistics on renewable expansion.......in other words, they promote totally false impressions of the realities.

Take solar........every member of the AGW religion posts up phony stats on solar all the time. ALL their graphs display these astronomical growth numbers of solar and wind energy. Measured against themselves ( progressives always do this as a way to sell it to the low information person ) they look mighty impressive. Measured against fossil fuels, it becomes laughable. Its like trying to promote Kiera Knightly as a big boobed star. She might look big boobed standing next to some waif French runway models but stand her next to Kim Kardasian and well....:boobies::boobies:......kinda gives you the idea of the level of laugh!!:2up::eusa_dance:

When you have a govt. subsidized monopoly it's easier than you think...

As someone who WORKS for an electric utility company (a large one), we have no use for this renewable stuff. It's a royal pain in the ass for us.
When you take a section OFF LINE those pains in the ass continue to feed the lines from the houses.. got to go door to door to remove the voltage by pulling the meters.. Yep,, IT SUCKS! and the Fire Departments dont like it either..

No, bullshit! When the service goes down, the systems disconnect from the grid!

Baffles me some people still don't accept this.
Right now we rely 90% on oil and coal and 10% on green energy. We need to flip that.

Years ago dumb me wondered why we weren't harnassing the energy of currents. Now I hear we are.

If oil and coal dried up tomorrow the oil companies would figure out renewable energy if they haven't already.
10% green energy? Try less than 1%.

You can only increase green energy by increasing the use of coal, you csn never close that gap. They are proportionare.

Actually, that's wrong: about 20% of the electricity generated in the Unites States is produced by nuclear power plants.

Today, wind power provides 1.8 percent of all the energy consumed in the United States. Though wind power has increased substantially since 1970, it constitutes only a small fraction of U.S. electricity supply. In 2013, wind power accounted for 4.4 percent of all electricity generated in the U.S.

Wind-1-e1437773556865.png

Wind - IER

4.4% of the electricity used in the US in 2013. Perhaps some posters should research before demonstrating their abysmal ignorance.

Forum List

Back