Remembering Robert E. Lee: American Patriot and Southern Hero

I see you are reading comprehension challenged. Let's see if I can help....

I said, "Lincoln, running for president, was against slavery..."

Now compare that to what Lincoln said ...

• "I hate [indifference to slavery] because of the monstrous injustice of slavery itself. I hate it because it deprives our republican example of its just influence in the world-enables the enemies of free institutions, with plausibility, to taunt us as hypocrites-causes the real friends of freedom to doubt our sincerity, and especially because it forces so many really good men amongst ourselves into an open war with the very fundamental principles of civil liberty-criticizing the Declaration of Independence, and insisting that there is no right principle of action but self-interest."
  • "When it is said that the institution exists, and that it is very difficult to get rid of it, in any satisfactory way, I can understand and appreciate the saying. I surely will not blame them for not doing what I should not know how to do myself. If all earthly power were given me, I should not know what to do, as to the existing institution. My first impulse would be to free all the slaves, and send them to Liberia,-to their own native land. But a moment's reflection would convince me, that whatever of high hope, (as I think there is) there may be in this, in the long run, its sudden execution is impossible. If they were all landed there in a day, they would all perish in the next ten days; and there are not surplus shipping and surplus money enough in the world to carry them there in many times ten days. What then?"
As I said, Lincoln was against slavery. He just didn't know how it could be ended in the south.

But lucky for him, and more importantly for blacks, he found a way.

:dance:

Lincoln always hated slavery. The question was whether he wanted to end it. Think of it in terms of people who oppose abortion but not so much they want to make it illegal.

What did Lincoln actually say to get elected?

"I have no purpose directly or indirectly to interfere with the institution of slavery in the states where it exists. I believe I have no lawful right to do so, and I have no inclination to do so."

“I have declared a thousand times, and now repeat that, in my opinion neither the General Government, nor any other power outside of the slave states, can constitutionally or rightfully interfere with slaves or slavery where it already exists.”
He said he wanted to end it, he just didn't know how to go about it.

"When it is said that the institution exists, and that it is very difficult to get rid of it, in any satisfactory way, I can understand and appreciate the saying. I surely will not blame them for not doing what I should not know how to do myself. If all earthly power were given me, I should not know what to do, as to the existing institution."

... and then went on to say what he would like to see, but also said it couldn't be done ...

"My first impulse would be to free all the slaves, and send them to Liberia,-to their own native land."
He was against slavery, as was much of the north. He wanted to free the slaves but didn't know how to go about it. With no plan on how to free them, he didn't run on a platform of freeing them.

But he found a way though, didn't he?

He ran on an explicit plan of not freeing them. That's entirely different from saying he didn't say he intended to free them. Note that you quote him saying he wanted to send them all to Liberia. That's because Lincoln, your patron saint, was a white supremacist. He did not to live in the same country with free blacks.

Maybe ending slavery was Lincoln's "shovel ready jobs".
others-113.gif
LOL, funny.

Still, he got the job done.

He wanted to end slavery and he did. Not only did he, but he also found a great way to inspire blacks to fight on his side to help defeat the south. The guy was a fucking genius, I tell ya. :thup:

How did Lincoln "inspire" them on his side? Most of the carpetbaggers in the Union Army despised blacks and did not want to fight alongside them. Blacks in the army faced intense abuse from racists Union soldiers. For a long time they were not even allowed to carry a rifle. Lincoln was a known white supremacist who looked down his nose at blacks, so I'm curious about the source of this so-called "inspiration."

Lincoln always hated slavery. The question was whether he wanted to end it. Think of it in terms of people who oppose abortion but not so much they want to make it illegal.

"I have no purpose directly or indirectly to interfere with the institution of slavery in the states where it exists. I believe I have no lawful right to do so, and I have no inclination to do so."

“I have declared a thousand times, and now repeat that, in my opinion neither the General Government, nor any other power outside of the slave states, can constitutionally or rightfully interfere with slaves or slavery where it already exists.”

"When it is said that the institution exists, and that it is very difficult to get rid of it, in any satisfactory way, I can understand and appreciate the saying. I surely will not blame them for not doing what I should not know how to do myself. If all earthly power were given me, I should not know what to do, as to the existing institution."

... and then went on to say what he would like to see, but also said it couldn't be done ...

"My first impulse would be to free all the slaves, and send them to Liberia,-to their own native land."
He was against slavery, as was much of the north. He wanted to free the slaves but didn't know how to go about it. With no plan on how to free them, he didn't run on a platform of freeing them.

He ran on an explicit plan of not freeing them. That's entirely different from saying he didn't say he intended to free them. Note that you quote him saying he wanted to send them all to Liberia. That's because Lincoln, your patron saint, was a white supremacist. He did not to live in the same country with free blacks.
You're brain-dead, fuckwit. I didn't say he didn't intend to free them. I said he wanted to free them but didn't think he could. But he did find a way. That's what great presidents do. That's one of the reasons he's considered one of the greatest presidents by Americans. Fuckwits notwithstanding, of course.

Killing 600,000 people to do it constitutes a failure. And a president isn't great by achieving his aims by war, but rather by peace. A great president would have ended slavery without a drop of blood spilled. A great president would have preserved the union by addressing the issues causing 11 states to want to leave and working out a compromise, not marshaling 75,000 troops and committing them to an invasion course to plunge the entire continent into a state of war.

So what it comes down to is, you think he's a great president because he killed people, just like any evil, murderous asshole thinks that another evil, murderous asshole is great. Look at how many thought Muhammad (piss be upon him) was great. Or Adolf Hitler. Evil people who like to kill and destroy will always have a fan base as long as there are other evil assholes like you.
:boohoo:

FDR is another many Americans rank among the best. He won a war too.

And no, Lincoln is not responsible for those deaths. He didn't start the fight but once drawn in, he fought to keep the union whole. Freeing blacks was just genius though, don't you think? He wanted to end slavery and not only did he find a way to end it; he found a way to get slaves on his side to help him defeat the traitor confederates.

FDR didn't start a war against his own country.

others-113.gif
LOL, funny.

He wanted to end slavery and he did. Not only did he, but he also found a great way to inspire blacks to fight on his side to help defeat the south. The guy was a fucking genius, I tell ya. :thup:

I'm glad you're so fond of him. You'll be spending eternity where he is too. All evil assholes will go to the same place, so you can wrap your lips around his manhood in a posture of worship, of course after waiting your turn in line.
:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

You're brain-dead, fuckwit. I didn't say he didn't intend to free them. I said he wanted to free them but didn't think he could. But he did find a way. That's what great presidents do. That's one of the reasons he's considered one of the greatest presidents by Americans. Fuckwits notwithstanding, of course.

Killing 600,000 people to do it constitutes a failure. And a president isn't great by achieving his aims by war, but rather by peace. A great president would have ended slavery without a drop of blood spilled. A great president would have preserved the union by addressing the issues causing 11 states to want to leave and working out a compromise, not marshaling 75,000 troops and committing them to an invasion course to plunge the entire continent into a state of war.

So what it comes down to is, you think he's a great president because he killed people, just like any evil, murderous asshole thinks that another evil, murderous asshole is great. Look at how many thought Muhammad (piss be upon him) was great. Or Adolf Hitler. Evil people who like to kill and destroy will always have a fan base as long as there are other evil assholes like you.

And no, Lincoln is not responsible for those deaths. He didn't start the fight but once drawn in, he fought to keep the union whole. Freeing blacks was just genius though, don't you think? He wanted to end slavery and not only did he find a way to end it; he found a way to get slaves on his side to help him defeat the traitor confederates.

FDR was almost as sleazy and despicable as Lincoln, so it's no surprise that you admire him as well. People who vote Democrat seem to have a fondness for Dictators. It's the same phenomena that occurs in Russia were Stalin is still immensely popular.

BTW, Lincoln did start the war. Any claims to the contrary are shear Lincoln cult propaganda. If Nazi Germany has won the war, people like you would now be telling us that Poland started the whole thing by attacking a German radio station.

• "I hate [indifference to slavery] because of the monstrous injustice of slavery itself. I hate it because it deprives our republican example of its just influence in the world-enables the enemies of free institutions, with plausibility, to taunt us as hypocrites-causes the real friends of freedom to doubt our sincerity, and especially because it forces so many really good men amongst ourselves into an open war with the very fundamental principles of civil liberty-criticizing the Declaration of Independence, and insisting that there is no right principle of action but self-interest."
  • "When it is said that the institution exists, and that it is very difficult to get rid of it, in any satisfactory way, I can understand and appreciate the saying. I surely will not blame them for not doing what I should not know how to do myself. If all earthly power were given me, I should not know what to do, as to the existing institution. My first impulse would be to free all the slaves, and send them to Liberia,-to their own native land. But a moment's reflection would convince me, that whatever of high hope, (as I think there is) there may be in this, in the long run, its sudden execution is impossible. If they were all landed there in a day, they would all perish in the next ten days; and there are not surplus shipping and surplus money enough in the world to carry them there in many times ten days. What then?"
As I said, Lincoln was against slavery. He just didn't know how it could be ended in the south.

:clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2:

Nope. During the election he said he had no intention or desire to free them. Apparently you're the brain dead fuckwit.

So? Bush said he was against nation building when running for president. Obama said he wanted to close gitmo. Candidates say all sorts of things to get elected. Regardless, he was against slavery but didn't know how to free them -- until an opportunity presented itself, that is.

Lincoln was the absolute worst president. What fuckwits like think about him has no relationship with the truth.
Yeah, sure. Encyclopedia Britannica is wrong but you're right. :cuckoo: America is wrong but you're right. :cuckoo:

Of course, America honors its worst presidents ... :cuckoo: ...

usaw2006005o.jpg

Last edited:

Nope. During the election he said he had no intention or desire to free them. Apparently you're the brain dead fuckwit.

Lincoln was the absolute worst president. What fuckwits like think about him has no relationship with the truth.
So? Bush said he was against nation building when running for president. Obama said he wanted to close gitmo. Candidates say all sorts of things to get elected. Regardless, he was against slavery but didn't know how to free them -- until an opportunity presented itself, that is.

Yeah, the opportunity he created by slaughtering 850.000 people.
That's your justification for beatifying Lincoln.

Lincoln never said during his entire life that he thought slavery should be ended where it then existed - until he thought it might help him win the war, that is.

Last edited:

FDR was almost as sleazy and despicable as Lincoln, so it's no surprise that you admire him as well. People who vote Democrat seem to have a fondness for Dictators. It's the same phenomena that occurs in Russia were Stalin is still immensely popular.

BTW, Lincoln did start the war. Any claims to the contrary are shear Lincoln cult propaganda. If Nazi Germany has won the war, people like you would now be telling us that Poland started the whole thing by attacking a German radio station.
Nah, you're a complete fucking retard. For example, many neo-Nazis (whom you have more in common with in that you're both trying to rewrite history) claim Jews started the war with a boycott. I reject that silliness just as I dismiss yours. So your hallucination that I would blame anyone but Germany for starting the war is as asinine as everything else you've claimed. Par for the course, I suppose.

It's also quite revealing that you think of a 4 time duly elected U.S. president was a dictator. It reveals how ignorant you are of America and American history. Actually, I should say it further reveals that. You've already established that fact. Now you're just piling on.

I also get a kick how you refer to Lincoln as a Democrat. But, hey, like I said ... now you're just piling on.

Nah, you're a complete fucking retard. For example, many neo-Nazis (whom you have more in common with in that you're both trying to rewrite history) claim Jews started the war with a boycott. I reject that silliness just as I dismiss yours. So your hallucination that I would blame anyone but Germany for starting the war is as asinine as everything else you've claimed. Par for the course, I suppose.

It's also quite revealing that you think of a 4 time duly elected U.S. president was a dictator. It reveals how ignorant you are of America and American history. Actually, I should say it further reveals that. You've already established that fact. Now you're just piling on.

I also get a kick how you refer to Lincoln as a Democrat. But, hey, like I said ... now you're just piling on.

Apparently you don't know how things were during WW II. FDR was indistinguishable from a dictator. Furthermore, FDR was able to get himself elected four times only by abusing his authority and turning the entire federal apparatus into an FDR re-election machine. FDR was a corrupt authoritarian pieced of slime. Decent people should be horrified by a man like FDR, but your kind admires him.

Yeah, sure. Encyclopedia Britannica is wrong but you're right. :cuckoo: America is wrong but you're right. :cuckoo:

usaw2006005o.jpg
Yes, America does honor its worst presidents. It put Lincoln and Teddy Roosevelt on Mt Rushmore. What more proof do you need?

others-113.gif
LOL, funny.

How did Lincoln "inspire" them on his side? Most of the carpetbaggers in the Union Army despised blacks and did not want to fight alongside them. Blacks in the army faced intense abuse from racists Union soldiers. For a long time they were not even allowed to carry a rifle. Lincoln was a known white supremacist who looked down his nose at blacks, so I'm curious about the source of this so-called "inspiration."
Despite your ignorance, close to 200,000 blacks fought for the north. Most from the south and border states.

Who Fought

Don't you ever tire of being shown up as the forum fuckwit, fuckwit??

others-113.gif
LOL, funny.

Despite your ignorance, close to 200,000 blacks fought for the north. Most from the south and border states.

Who Fought

You didn't respond to a thing I posted.

How did Lincoln, the white supremacist, inspire blacks to fight for the Union?

:clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2:
I hope Sitting Bullshit appreciates your 12-handed reach-around. :eek:

Lincoln never said during his entire life that he thought slavery should be ended where it then existed - until he thought it might help him win the war, that is.
Stop lying. I've quoted him no less than two times saying he would free all the slaves if it were possible, but that he didn't think it was.

Apparently you don't know how things were during WW II. FDR was indistinguishable from a dictator. Furthermore, FDR was able to get himself elected four times only by abusing his authority and turning the entire federal apparatus into an FDR re-election machine. FDR was a corrupt authoritarian pieced of slime. Decent people should be horrified by a man like FDR, but your kind admires him.
Like I said, fuckwit .... you are completely and unquestionably insane. In your bizarre world, up is down and left is right . :cuckoo:

usaw2006005o.jpg
Yes, America does honor its worst presidents. It put Lincoln and Teddy Roosevelt on Mt Rushmore. What more proof do you need?
I need no more proof that you're batshit insane.

Stop lying. I've quoted him no less than two times saying he would free all the slaves if it were possible, but that he didn't think it was.

No, he actually didn't say what you claim. In the first quote he said he didn't now how to end slavery. In the second quote he said his first impulse would be to free the slaves. That doesn't mean that would be his final decision.

others-113.gif
LOL, funny.

Who Fought

You didn't respond to a thing I posted.

How did Lincoln, the white supremacist, inspire blacks to fight for the Union?
You're ridiculously stupid, fuckwit. No doubt about it. He inspired them with the chance to fight against slavery. :eusa_doh:

others-113.gif
LOL, funny.

Who Fought

How many blacks fought for the North because there was no other choice? Blacks faced hatred and discrimination far worse than anything in the South when they escaped to Northern States. Illinois, Indiana, and Ohio passed the original Jim Crow laws, laws that prohibited blacks from finding sanction in those states. The attitude of Northerners toward blacks made it impossible for them to settle, find work, and have a decent life. So some of them fought having no other choice. The North ass raped the Irish immigrants the same way, demanding they either fight or be deported back to Ireland. That, and many other reasons are why the North had the short end of the kill ratio throughout the entire war, entire battalions being gunned down only to be replaced by more.

Are you so stupid as to think that the Blacks, the Irish, or anyone else actually fought because they believed in the Northern "cause"?

No, he actually didn't say what you claim. In the first quote he said he didn't now how to end slavery. In the second quote he said his first impulse would be to free the slaves. That doesn't mean that would be his final decision.
Fuckwit, it means he wanted to free the slaves. He fucking said so. He said his first impulse is to free them. His own words.

Oh, wait, I almost forgot ... you have your own dictionary where words have different meaning to you.

Forum List

Back