Remember when Trump and USMB GOP said Buffett paid no taxes and lost 800 million?

R

rdean

“Many of her friends took bigger deductions,” Mr. Trump said. “Warren Buffett took a massive deduction.”

Actually, he did not.

Last year, Mr. Buffett paid about 16 percent of his reported income in federal income taxes.

“I have copies of all 72 of my returns,” Mr. Buffett added, “and none uses a carry forward,” the provision that allows taxpayers like Mr. Trump to use losses from one year to avoid paying personal federal income taxes both on some previous tax returns and in future years.

Mr. Buffett did deduct from his income make up just a tiny portion of the more than $2.85 billion he donated to charity last year, he said.

By contrast, Mr. Trump’s own charitable foundations — and his claims about his personal contributions — have come under scrutiny. Last week the New York attorney general ordered the Donald J. Trump Foundation to stop soliciting donations in the state because it lacked the required registration. And many of the donations that Mr. Trump had publicly boasted of turned out to have come from other people’s pockets, like those who had given money to the Trump Foundation.

Mr. Buffett made the same point. “I have been audited by the I.R.S. multiple times and am currently being audited,” he wrote in the letter. “I have no problem in releasing my tax information while under audit. Neither would Mr. Trump — at least he would have no legal problem.”

The Trump campaign had no comment on Mr. Buffett’s letter.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/10/11/b...s-bluff-and-releases-his-tax-return.html?_r=0

BAM!

B!TCH SLAP

TOTAL SMACKDOWN!

Still, the lies Trump gives his minions to repeat again and again don't bother them at all. They are deplorable and irredeemable to completely abandon their religious beliefs gleefully following the Orange Anti-Christ.

Liberal regressives are willing to demonstrate again, and again, how they have no clue of how the tax code, or basic tax accounting works.

“Many of her friends took bigger deductions,” Mr. Trump said. “Warren Buffett took a massive deduction.”

Actually, he did not.

Last year, Mr. Buffett paid about 16 percent of his reported income in federal income taxes.

“I have copies of all 72 of my returns,” Mr. Buffett added, “and none uses a carry forward,” the provision that allows taxpayers like Mr. Trump to use losses from one year to avoid paying personal federal income taxes both on some previous tax returns and in future years.

Mr. Buffett did deduct from his income make up just a tiny portion of the more than $2.85 billion he donated to charity last year, he said.

By contrast, Mr. Trump’s own charitable foundations — and his claims about his personal contributions — have come under scrutiny. Last week the New York attorney general ordered the Donald J. Trump Foundation to stop soliciting donations in the state because it lacked the required registration. And many of the donations that Mr. Trump had publicly boasted of turned out to have come from other people’s pockets, like those who had given money to the Trump Foundation.

Mr. Buffett made the same point. “I have been audited by the I.R.S. multiple times and am currently being audited,” he wrote in the letter. “I have no problem in releasing my tax information while under audit. Neither would Mr. Trump — at least he would have no legal problem.”

The Trump campaign had no comment on Mr. Buffett’s letter.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/10/11/b...s-bluff-and-releases-his-tax-return.html?_r=0

BAM!

B!TCH SLAP

TOTAL SMACKDOWN!

Still, the lies Trump gives his minions to repeat again and again don't bother them at all. They are deplorable and irredeemable to completely abandon their religious beliefs gleefully following the Orange Anti-Christ.

What about the returns for Berkshire Hathaway?

You do know they have been tied up in court with the IRS for a billion in taxes don't you?

Warren Buffett calls Trump's bluff, releases his tax returns

"The CEO of investment company Berkshire Hathaway (BRKB) strongly refuted Trump's suggestion he has taken advantage of the deduction and provided details about his tax-paying history. "I have paid federal income tax every year since 1944, when I was 13," Buffett says in a statement. "I have copies of all 72 of my returns and none uses a carryforward."

Warren Buffett calls Trump's bluff, releases his tax returns

"The CEO of investment company Berkshire Hathaway (BRKB) strongly refuted Trump's suggestion he has taken advantage of the deduction and provided details about his tax-paying history. "I have paid federal income tax every year since 1944, when I was 13," Buffett says in a statement. "I have copies of all 72 of my returns and none uses a carryforward."
Notice these right wingers are ignoring that one statement?

This whole tax return issue is stupid nonsense.

Unless you intentionally paid more taxes than the law says you owe, you have nothing at all to say about Trump's taxes. He gets audited nearly every year, if he has dove anything illegal, they'd get him for it.

It just stupid and typical Democrat stupid.

Forum List

Back