A Mother Was Given Thousands of Tax Dollars to Help Lift Her Out of Poverty. Guess How She Spent It.

Edgetho

Platinum Member
Mar 27, 2012
Guess what will happen to this thread? Even though it's a mirror image of another thread. Oh well.....

I'm not going to make any pronouncements on this. I'll leave it up to you. Read it.

A Washington, D.C. mother-of-three was given nearly $11,000 through a taxpayer-funded program for impoverished families. She spent the majority of it on a luxurious five-day vacation to Miami.

I agree with you. It will hit the basement, probably.

Too bad there's not a forum for Tacky Ways to Blow Taxpayer Dollars.

BTW, that amount of money could get my dear friend a large chunk of the way to getting the organ transplant she needs to keep on living.

The bitch who blew it on a vacation better pray she never meets me.

Last edited:
Guess what will happen to this thread? Even though it's a mirror image of another thread. Oh well.....

I'm not going to make any pronouncements on this. I'll leave it up to you. Read it.

A Washington, D.C. mother-of-three was given nearly $11,000 through a taxpayer-funded program for impoverished families. She spent the majority of it on a luxurious five-day vacation to Miami.
This is the mentality of the poor. They should have never offered her a lump sum, not that it would have really mattered. I actually knew a similar situation many years ago. A minimum wage employee of mine came into a small amount of money, a little shy of 4K. She did the same thing, pissed it all away as soon as she could. She was actually afraid the money would screw up her government benefits so she got rid of it as fast as she could because she didn't want her government benefits screwed up.

I bet if she had to work for it she would respect it more and not waste it,,

I was gonna say rims and Newports ...but close enough

Okay, um, $11,000 wouldn't get anyone out of poverty.

Okay, um, $11,000 wouldn't get anyone out of poverty.
If the government allowed them to invest, without immediately stripping them of their assistance should they turn a profit on their investments in a good year? It might.

Forum List

Back