Remember when stores used to be closed on Sundays?

You grew up in a small town?

Not really. It was rural, but not very far from a decent sized metro city.

I'm just saying, I remember most businesses being closed on Sundays. Whether it was in my rural town, or the nearby cities, it didn't matter.

I still remember the times when I was let down by it, when my parents would say we couldn't go somewhere or do something because it was Sunday and places were closed.

I agree with Shogun, too. I'm not religious, so it doesn't matter to me what day it is. Sunday is no different than any other day to me.

Not really. It was rural, but not very far from a decent sized metro city.

I'm just saying, I remember most businesses being closed on Sundays. Whether it was in my rural town, or the nearby cities, it didn't matter.

I still remember the times when I was let down by it, when my parents would say we couldn't go somewhere or do something because it was Sunday and places were closed.

I agree with Shogun, too. I'm not religious, so it doesn't matter to me what day it is. Sunday is no different than any other day to me.

It would be nice to be able to slow down, but closing all stores one day a week isn't the factor that would cause that, it's something you have to do personally. Just take a day or two to sit around watching the boob tube, and don't do anything. Same effect only then everyone can choose their day. I worked with a lot of people who used the old "it's a religious day" garbage to excuse them taking off Sundays, great thing is that made me one of the few important employees because I just said "two days off a week, meh, pick a day". Funny thing is that those who wanted a specific day for 'religious' reasons didn't work as long.

new jersey still has an area that does not open on sunday, i think it is Bergen county....

each locality WITHIN a state controls this....

most small businesses prefer sunday off, so up here many are closed on sunday, in maine.

More than half the shops in my neighborhood close on Sunday. Some of them double as churches.
Being on a busy street I like the quiet.
When I lived in Europe I had to adjust to Sat afternoon through Monday afternoon closings along with a three hour daily shut down for lunch. I didn't mind that either. You learn to plan accordingly. It was worth it cuz in exchange every neighborhood had a farmer's market at least 3 days a week.

Forum List

Back