Remember when Republicans blocked first responders healthcare for 10 years?

deanrd

Gold Member
May 8, 2017
Senate GOP blocks 9/11 first responders health plan bill

Senate Republicans on Thursday morning filibustered legislation to monitor and treat first responders and emergency workers who suffered illnesses related to 9/11.

The bill would provide funding for a health program to treat first responders, construction and cleanup workers and residents who inhaled toxic particles after the collapse of the World Trade Center towers.

9/11 Health Bill Blocked in Senate

9/11 First Responders to Sen. McConnell: Stop Blocking Bill

Senate Republicans block 9/11 health bill

When Republicans talk about helping supporting our nation's heroes it always makes me ill that such swine would lie to such good and heroic people.

And who was it that eventually got healthcare for these people? Yea, it was crooked Hillary. Turns out she was someone they could trust.

I remember when everything bad that happened on earth was Booooooooshs fault if that's what you're talking about. That blame lasted for roughly 8 years and coincidentally occurred when Obama was president.
If tradition is to be upheld we expect you to blame Obama for the next 4 to 8 years.

• Banned
I remember when everything bad that happened on earth was Booooooooshs fault if that's what you're talking about. That blame lasted for roughly 8 years and coincidentally occurred when Obama was president.
If tradition is to be upheld we expect you to blame Obama for the next 4 to 8 years.
Did I misspeak? Did I say something not true? Or are you announcing that you are truly an A$$ Whole?

I notice you left out why they did it. Oh and FYI it's 2017 now not 2010. From the article.

Last week, Senate Republican leader Mitch McConnell (Ky.) released a letter signed by every Senate Republican pledging to block all legislative action until Congress acts on the expiring Bush tax cuts and passes a measure to fund the federal government into 2011.

Did I misspeak? Did I say something not true? Or are you announcing that you are truly an A$$ Whole?
I've admitted to being an asshole years ago. Doesn't make you any less of a leftist tard.

Senate Republicans on Thursday morning filibustered legislation to monitor and treat first responders and emergency workers who suffered illnesses related to 9/11.

The bill would provide funding for a health program to treat first responders, construction and cleanup workers and residents who inhaled toxic particles after the collapse of the World Trade Center towers.

When Republicans talk about helping supporting our nation's heroes it always makes me ill that such swine would lie to such good and heroic people.

And who was it that eventually got healthcare for these people? Yea, it was crooked Hillary. Turns out she was someone they could trust.
I remember it coming up after the Dems passed that dreamboat of a healthcare law called obiecare that was supposed to take care of things like this.

I remember it coming up after the Dems passed that dreamboat of a healthcare law called obiecare that was supposed to take care of things like this.
Is that what you thought? The Democrats healthcare bill was designed to protect the people who help during terrorists attacks? Hello, the terrorist attack happened when Republicans were in charge. Then, because Bin Laden attacked the US and he's from Arabia and living in Afghanistan, Republicans invaded Iraq. You can't be anymore inept or dishonest. And you would trust them with your healthcare?

https://nypost.com/2019/02/23/9-11-...fits-to-be-slashed-as-fund-runs-out-of-money/

Nelson, 54, responded to the World Trade Center on Sept. 11, 2001, and spent months in lower Manhattan afterward. He retired in 2005, moved to Illinois and in December 2017 was diagnosed with prostate cancer.

The family, at the urging of a 9/11 advocate, filed a claim with the federal September 11th Victim Compensation Fund, but his application has stalled for more than a year. On Feb. 15, he and thousands of others learned that their payment would be cut in half because the fund is running out of money.

And don't think for a second Trump is going to take back the tax breaks he gave the rich. If Republicans are going to put more money in this fund they're either going to raise our taxes or just put it on the debt. Either way, they're shifting the tax burden more onto us.

https://nypost.com/2019/02/23/9-11-...fits-to-be-slashed-as-fund-runs-out-of-money/

Nelson, 54, responded to the World Trade Center on Sept. 11, 2001, and spent months in lower Manhattan afterward. He retired in 2005, moved to Illinois and in December 2017 was diagnosed with prostate cancer.

The family, at the urging of a 9/11 advocate, filed a claim with the federal September 11th Victim Compensation Fund, but his application has stalled for more than a year. On Feb. 15, he and thousands of others learned that their payment would be cut in half because the fund is running out of money.

And don't think for a second Trump is going to take back the tax breaks he gave the rich. If Republicans are going to put more money in this fund they're either going to raise our taxes or just put it on the debt. Either way, they're shifting the tax burden more onto us.
Even Republicans who have no healthcare for their families believe it’s important to give tax breaks to billionaires because it’s billionaires that protect the country. Billionaires give us everything we have. Republicans believe that. It’s why they give tax breaks to billionaires over healthcare to their own.

I don't accept that people should get special benefits just for showing up to work and doing their jobs.

I don't accept that people should get special benefits just for showing up to work and doing their jobs.

Actually, I do. Especially if their job involves them putting themselves in harms way. How do you feel about the benefits the military gives wounded veterans? They were injured because they were "just showing up to work and doing their jobs".

Actually, I do. Especially if their job involves them putting themselves in harms way. How do you feel about the benefits the military gives wounded veterans? They were injured because they were "just showing up to work and doing their jobs".

Bring em home and build more bases here and keep em out of harm's way. That's real national defense, that's real defense spending and it's constitutional.

We're broke and foreign occupation is costing us trillions of dollars we don't have.

Why should the American taxpayers pay for this? Why not send the bill to the Islamonazis? If the Muslims didn't drive a jet into the world trade center, this wouldn't be needed.

Forum List

Back