Kellyanne Conway: Being Ethical Discourages Serving In Government

Lakhota

Diamond Member
Jul 14, 2011
Native America
“We’ve all complied with those rules, but it has disincentivized good men and women,” she said, defending Anthony Scaramucci.

White House counselor Kellyanne Conway on Thursday suggested that filling out financial disclosure forms and having them released to the public discourages qualified people from serving in government ― despite the fact that the procedure is a basic measure of transparency in government.

Appearing on “Fox & Friends,” Conway aimed to defend new White House communications director Anthony Scaramucci, after he falsely claimed that his financial disclosure form was leaked to Politico.

“There are so many qualified men and women who wanted to serve this president, this administration and their country who have been completely demoralized and completely, I think, disinclined to do so, based on the paperwork that we have to put forward, divesting assets, the different hoops you have to run through,” Conway said. “This White House is transparent and accountable, and we’ve all complied with those rules, but it has disincentivized good men and women. I hope it doesn’t disincentivize Anthony.”

Accusing reporters of “covering the style and not the substance here,” Conway defended Scaramucci, who has pledged to tamp down on leaks.

More: Conway: Asking People To Be Ethical Discourages Serving In Government

Does what she said make sense to anyone? Is that how she thinks government should be run? If so - no wonder there are so many "ethics" problems in the Trump Administration.

shes paid to be a traitor, the rest of the Trumpdrones should be so lucky.

Key White House aides Reince Priebus, Kellyanne Conway, Sean Spicer and Steve Bannon all make $179,700 per year, according to the White House’s annual report to Congress on personnel released Friday.

$180K to lie your ass off, and suck Donnies dick ... in no certain order.

Last edited:
“We’ve all complied with those rules, but it has disincentivized good men and women,” she said, defending Anthony Scaramucci.

White House counselor Kellyanne Conway on Thursday suggested that filling out financial disclosure forms and having them released to the public discourages qualified people from serving in government ― despite the fact that the procedure is a basic measure of transparency in government.

Appearing on “Fox & Friends,” Conway aimed to defend new White House communications director Anthony Scaramucci, after he falsely claimed that his financial disclosure form was leaked to Politico.

“There are so many qualified men and women who wanted to serve this president, this administration and their country who have been completely demoralized and completely, I think, disinclined to do so, based on the paperwork that we have to put forward, divesting assets, the different hoops you have to run through,” Conway said. “This White House is transparent and accountable, and we’ve all complied with those rules, but it has disincentivized good men and women. I hope it doesn’t disincentivize Anthony.”

Accusing reporters of “covering the style and not the substance here,” Conway defended Scaramucci, who has pledged to tamp down on leaks.

More: Conway: Asking People To Be Ethical Discourages Serving In Government

Does what she said make sense to anyone? Is that how she thinks government should be run? If so - no wonder there are so many "ethics" problems in the Trump Administration.
Don't worry Kellyanne, there's no ethics permitted in this White House.
The Ethics director proved that when he resigned in total disgust.

The dysfunction starts at the top. Who ever thought electing a guy with no government experience would create such chaos.
DEPLORABLES: surely not us..

The dysfunction starts at the top. Who ever thought electing a guy with no government experience would create such chaos.
DEPLORABLES: surely not us..

The dysfunction starts right from the bottom, with you. Let me guess, can't even function without free handouts?

Trump donates his $400 K salary to the Parks Dept.

then goes and spends $10 million bucks taxpayer money playing golf on weekends

Last edited:
then goes and spends $10 million taxpayer money playing golf on weekends

To that one can only say:

5158VIAtvOL._SX355_.jpg

“There are so many qualified men and women who wanted to serve this president, this administration and their country who have been completely demoralized and completely, I think, disinclined to do so, based on the paperwork that we have to put forward, divesting assets, the different hoops you have to run through,” Conway said. “This White House is transparent and accountable, and we’ve all complied with those rules, but it has disincentivized good men and women.
Excuse me? What the hell is she thinking?!?! If one is such a "good" man/woman, why should reporting one's having, as part of the need for accountability and transparency, to disclose one's financial position and dealings be demoralizing? It seems to me that if one is demoralized by the nature or extent of one's financial position or how one achieves/maintains it, one can't be all that "good."

Few if any individuals enter elected or appointed public service as a principal and are not already quite well set financially. And, quite frankly, that is about what the Founding Fathers expected, that is to say, that one would come into public service at that level after having established oneself in the private sector. Similarly, they didn't expect people to make lifelong careers of out being holding elected public office. Too, the Founders also presumed that the majority of federal office holders would be, as they were, of born, acquired or aspirant patrician bearing, and until 2017, that, for the most part, was so.

Let's realize what she is really complaining about.

She's complaining that it's become harder to get unethical people in positions of power in the federal government.

spirited defense?

I asked if it happened in previous administrations.

apparently, no one wants to respond to that.

(Psst, not only has it occurred in previous administrations, it will occur in future ones. But you children think the world started 6 months ago)

Forum List

Back