Remember when life as we know it was supposed to end because of the sequester?

It's unimportant.

Jobs were saved in DOD instead of certain programs.

We all want a tighter government and we are getting it.

I see this thread of actual truth is going to die the typical slow death of being ignored because it's inconvenient.

Wadaya want, Gramps? Your point was made and is on point so there's little to chew on. Sequester was not the end of the world and libs, like cons, often do the Chicken Little thing. You win. :D

Frankly, as long as DoD keeps letting Defense contractors and their supporters dictate what the warfighter needs and not the other way around, nothing is ever going to change no matter how much you cut from the DoD's budget. I am frankly shocked at the lack of outrage about programs that have stretched for years with cost overruns in the billions, and have delivered to the services products like the F-35, the LCS, and many many others that do not meet the needs of the service, and are very expensive. Take for example the F-35 which when done that program will cost well over a trillion dollars all for a so called stealth fighter whos original "one size fits all" design has morphed into "one size fits none" and has trouble flying in the rain even though is was supposed to be all weather. A prime example of spending out of control, just take a ride out to the Nevada desert and take a look at the over 2000 M-1 tanks just parked out there, because the Army and Marines have no use for them, and guess what they just keep on building them. So Sequester is frankly meaningless until someone decides its time to start having DoD spend the taxpayers money on systems the services want and need and do so in a smart way.

I heard a report a couple days ago that ONE, thats right ONE, person lost their federal job as a result of the sequester.

Liberal exagerations and lies are never held to account.

I take it you're referring to scary stuff like this from GOP majority leader Eric Cantor:

Current law requires that there be across‐the‐board cuts, known as a “sequester,” imposed on March 1, 2013. The sequester will result in a 10% reduction in Department of Defense and other domestic discretionary programs; intended as a mechanism to force action, there is bipartisan agreement that the sequester going into effect would undercut key responsibilities of the federal government.

As the Obama Administration makes clear in their own Budget, "By design, the sequester is not good policy and is meant to force Congress to take action... Cuts of this magnitude done in an across‐the‐board fashion would be devastating both to defense and non‐defense programs."

Of particular concern is the impact sequestration, if allowed to occur, would have on our national security. The sequestration cuts would be on top of the savings in discretionary defense spending that were already implemented as part of the debt limit agreement last August.

The House Armed Services Committee has analyzed the impact of the sequestration, and found that if left in place, these cuts would reduce the military to its smallest size since before the Second World War. Secretary Panetta and the professional military leadership have also looked at the impact of sequestration and reached similar conclusions.

Eric Cantor || Majority Leader || Replace the Sequester

The Dems tried to make sure the sequester was painful. States felt it as many government tourist attractions were closed. I don't think it would have been terrible if government had shrunk as a result and it's a shame only one bureaucrat joined the millions of other Americans in the unemployment line.

Republicans keep throwing bails of hay on the camel's back and bragging how either the camel's back isn't broken yet or that the camel is not running fast enough. That the Republicans would actually help the camel is just not in the Republican's nature. The Republicans would rather everyone die in the desert from thirst than have the Democrats get us through the desert safely.

Unimportant eh? Typical response to liberal lies being exposed

You are supporting neo-con positions, which are wrong.

Post somethin NOT FUCKING RETARDED for once would ya.

Such is yours not me, Grampa. The sequester, agreed on by both parties, have slowed down government growth with loss of one job. That's a good deal. And it is a good deal that the neo-cons in the DOD have lost a lot of power.

You are supporting neo-con positions, which are wrong.

Post somethin NOT FUCKING RETARDED for once would ya.

Such is yours not me, Grampa. The sequester, agreed on by both parties, have slowed down government growth with loss of one job. That's a good deal. And it is a good deal that the neo-cons in the DOD have lost a lot of power.

The DOD hasn't lost any power you stupid fool. It's business as usual in DC.

Republicans keep throwing bails of hay on the camel's back and bragging how either the camel's back isn't broken yet or that the camel is not running fast enough. That the Republicans would actually help the camel is just not in the Republican's nature. The Republicans would rather everyone die in the desert from thirst than have the Democrats get us through the desert safely.

Umm, the camel is the tax payer.

You want to expand on your post with that reality in mind? More taxes are your bails of hay. Obiecare, increased taxes, less jobs are all bails of hay on the camels back. What exactly do you think you are doing to lessen the load?

Boehner rants against the sequester, and blames it on Obama:

I agree with the Secretary of Defense that the impact of the president’s sequester would be devastating to our military. That’s why the House has acted twice to replace the president’s sequester with common-sense cuts and reforms that protect our national security, and it’s why I’ve been calling on the president for more than a year to press his Democratic-controlled Senate to do the same. Despite dire warnings from his own Secretary of Defense for more than a year that the sequester would ‘hollow out’ our military, the president has yet to put forward a specific plan that can pass his Democratic-controlled Senate, and has exerted no pressure on the Democratic leadership of the Senate to actually pass legislation to replace the sequester he proposed. As the commander-in-chief, President Obama is ultimately responsible for our military readiness, so it’s fair to ask: what is he doing to stop his sequester that would ‘hollow out’ our Armed Forces?

When Faced With New Evidence That the Sequester Was His Idea, Boehner Blames Obama

Forum List

Back