Remember when GE paid no taxes under their messiah?

y
Dummy, I looked it up GE made 5.2 billion profit, paid no taxes and got a refund of several hundred million. You are flat out lying. Thanks for proving you don’t know shit.

if you looked it up then why no link???

Because I asked Real Dave for his link on his claim that GE lost money that year, he told me to do my own research so I did. I found a Forbes article on the subject, He wants proof, then he can post his link first and I will post mine.

childish

He doesn’t respect me enough to give me a link, so screw him.

I'm not him,

and at this point since I cant find that I assume you are lying

Fine by me, I really don’t care, I did my research and found it, funny you don’t ask Dave for his link, so it is your bias that is driving your post.

Now, they will feign outrage about any company getting tax relief, which always leads to business expansion and hiring.

When the left credit their black messiah did good things for the economy, do they know he did things like this?

I personally did not mind that. Leads to hiring.

The left now all of a sudden go to their bullshit claims.

Such fucking ignorant losers.

Of course. Over-seas profits are not taxed, until they come back to the US. Which discourages US investment, which is exactly why corporate taxes needed to be lowered.

And the GE financial wing was losing tons of money, and those losses, offset US profits.

I knew it was something like that.

Now, they will feign outrage about any company getting tax relief, which always leads to business expansion and hiring.

When the left credit their black messiah did good things for the economy, do they know he did things like this?

I have and still do complain about that. Billions of.dollars in profits and no taxes? It's bullshit.

no its called good business practice

Good for getting stockholders, bad for everyone else. They need to pay their fair share just like you and I do. Unless you don't.

Everyone is paying their fair share, and more.

You are delusional in your statement.

Just because the "company" as an entity is not paying tax on profits (because there were none).... doesn't mean the stock holders are not paying taxes. If I own stock, and I get a dividend, have to pay taxes on that dividend.

The stock holders are still paying tax. The employees, including the executives, are still pay tax. Everyone, everywhere, is still paying tax.

Further, "bad for everyone else"... how? If GE opens a new plant, and hires thousands of workers, with money that wasn't taxed away to the federal government.... how is that bad?

The only people who are worse off, are the politicians who can't use that money to buy votes, and the special interest groups that would be lobbying for that money.

Quite frankly, them being worse off is good for the entire country. Unlike some, my goal in life is not to tax as much money away to enrich the elite in Washington.

I have and still do complain about that. Billions of.dollars in profits and no taxes? It's bullshit.

Good for getting stockholders, bad for everyone else. They need to pay their fair share just like you and I do. Unless you don't.

whats a fair share???

your just jealous that you cant do it

What everyone else pays.

They are paying more than what everyone else pays.

whats a fair share???

What everyone else pays.

None is more than everyone else pays?

Where did you learn math?

whats a fair share???

What everyone else pays.

None? Really? You think they pay none? Zero in taxes? That's your claim?

If we pulled up the payroll department of GE, and looked at all their numbers, it would show that not a single person was paying payroll tax in the whole company?.... just like "What everyone else pays"?

Bull crap. You are full of crap.

whats a fair share???

What everyone else pays.

If we pulled up the payroll department of GE, and looked at all their numbers, it would show that not a single person was paying payroll tax in the whole company?.... just like "What everyone else pays"?

Lmao!!

Employee's taxes are not GE's taxes.

1484423401188.gif

whats a fair share???

What everyone else pays.

Lmao!!

Employee's taxes are not GE's taxes.

View attachment 246272

doesnt the company hav to match the employees withholdings???

So you are too stupid tp look iot up. So what makes you think you could understand any link I provided.

I read & watch a lot of news. I remember.

It is noit my job to research shit for you. Believe what I post or not, I don;t care.

Dummy, I looked it up GE made 5.2 billion profit, paid no taxes and got a refund of several hundred million. You are flat out lying. Thanks for proving you don’t know shit.

Because I asked Real Dave for his link on his claim that GE lost money that year, he told me to do my own research so I did. I found a Forbes article on the subject, He wants proof, then he can post his link first and I will post mine.

childish

How do I post a link to something I know?

Certainly, you don;t think I need to research it & post a link. I mean seriously, I am not responsible for your ignorance.

Believe what I post or not. I could care less. Quit your panty waisted whining.

y

childish

I'm not him,

Fine by me, I really don’t care, I did my research and found it, funny you don’t ask Dave for his link, so it is your bias that is driving your post.

I thought you were unable to do research.

childish

How do I post a link to something I know?

Certainly, you don;t think I need to research it & post a link. I mean seriously, I am not responsible for your ignorance.

Believe what I post or not. I could care less. Quit your panty waisted whining.

If you know it, why are you wrong? $5.2 billion for. Just the United States division the profit for GE, so they didn’t lose money when they didn’t pay taxes. So you are indeed ignorant.

y

childish

I'm not him,

I thought you were unable to do research.

Good grief you can’t read can you?

Your the fuckin idiot.......GE paid no taxes UNDER THE BUSH TAX CUT LAWS.....LEARN AND BURN BEFORE YOU COME HERE WHINING!!

The lefties keep crying yet produce nothing other than weak opinions.

They did do something, unlike Trump's life time tax gift to the rich...they let Bush's tax cut EXPIRE!!

Your the fuckin idiot.......GE paid no taxes UNDER THE BUSH TAX CUT LAWS.....LEARN AND BURN BEFORE YOU COME HERE WHINING!!

They did do something, unlike Trump's life time tax gift to the rich...they let Bush's tax cut EXPIRE!!

So they did nothing, just as I said. Thank you for proving my point.

Guess who paid taxes the following years until Trump took over....GE you dumb fuck, do your homework...it was after the Bush tax cuts expired that all these huge corp. began paying their fair share of taxes and the economy was growing, you idiot.

You sir are here because your bored and I get it. But guess what, please pay attention to facts and learn something, do this or shut the fuck up...you bore me.

So anyway, a few years ago, GE made a strategic move into investing in wind turbines in their renewable division. Courting clean energy politicos was part of that. Get the tax breaks, make alot of money...seems like a winner. Except that business is dead now. The US is at peak wind.

Res Ipsa Loquitur

Simple solution - corporate minimum tax. Every business pays something.

Now, three myths I want to address now:

Ronald Reagan said, "businesses don't pay taxes, people do." .

He was wrong. Businesses used to pay a significant portion of all taxes and now pay very little. Is is a coincidence that this shift away from corporate taxation mirrors the growth of the National Debt?

The purpose of low taxes is to "starve the beast" (another meme from the Reagan years). Well we are currently over 22 trillion in debt and the beast still hasn't died. When do the no tax folks declare victory, when the US has become the Weimar Republic?

Don't like what Government does with your money? Why aren't we putting more pressure on Republicans to cut spending?

Tom Coburn for President...

Guess who paid taxes the following years until Trump took over....GE you dumb fuck, do your homework...it was after the Bush tax cuts expired that all these huge corp. began paying their fair share of taxes and the economy was growing, you idiot.

GE didn't pay taxes AFTER the Bush tax cuts expired! So spare me your BS, and by the way, do your homework.

What America's Biggest Companies Pay In Taxes

Have a great day!

Forum List

Back