Remember when FOX blamed Obama for high gas prices?

I remember when gas prices were all that cowboy in the White House's fault according to the left. Ah partisanship at it's best.

Weird, WHO said this:

"What I think the president ought to do is he ought to get on the phone with the OPEC cartel and say we expect you to open your spigots...And the president of the United States must jawbone OPEC members to lower the price...

...I used to be in the oil business. I was little oil -- really little oil. And so I understand the -- I understand what can happen in the marketplace."

By June 2000, the Bush jawbone pledge became a standard on the stump. As the New York Times reported, Bush foreshadowed future expenditures of political capital he would fail to accumulate:

"I would work with our friends in OPEC to convince them to open up the spigot, to increase the supply," Mr. Bush, the presumptive Republican candidate for president, told reporters here today. "Use the capital that my administration will earn, with the Kuwaitis or the Saudis, and convince them to open up the spigot."

lol, Yeah, HISTORY try remembering it!

PERRspectives Jawbone of an Ass Bush s Utter Failure with OPEC

Memories are so beautiful and yet.................

Remember how the left wing said that Obama had nothing to do with gasoline prices, it was a magical time.

Remember how the left wing said that supply had nothing to do with prices?

You don't need to remember for them to say the same thing about the Keystone pipeline.

Of course a drop now and them saying it was Obama's fault they were high are two different things. Maybe this drop proves Obama was the cause for an artificially high price.

"Remember how the left wing said that supply had nothing to do with prices? "'

PLEASE link that for me? LOL

"You don't need to remember for them to say the same thing about the Keystone pipeline"

In Keystone’s weirdonomics, the pipeline would actually increase prices of gasoline for much of the country, according to at least three studies that have looked into it. Keystone would divert crude from Midwest refineries to Gulf Coast refineries, where it would then be shipped to more expensive markets. Bypassing heartland refineries could drive up prices at home.

For people living in the Midwest, Great Plains and Rocky Mountains, it could add 20 cents a gallon to the price at the pump.

The assumption underlying this is that there is indeed a discount on crude delivered to the mid-West. There’s so much of it floating around, there’s not enough pipeline capacity to send it elsewhere

Keystone XL Won t Lower Gas Prices It Might Raise Them - Forbes

Keystone Oil Pipeline Seen Raising Gas Prices in Midwest

Keystone Oil Pipeline Seen Raising Gas Prices in Midwest Energy - Bloomberg

September 17, 2009: According to TransCanada’s own analysis, the Keystone XL tar sands pipeline will be a boon for corporate profits, but a burden for American consumers.

TransCanada, in testimony to the Canadian National Energy Board, “Existing markets for Canadian heavy crude, principally [the US Midwest], are currently oversupplied, resulting in price discounting for Canadian heavy crude oil. Access to the [US Gulf Coast] via the Keystone XL Pipeline is expected to strengthen Canadian crude oil pricing in [the Midwest market] by removing this oversupply. This is expected to increase the price of heavy crude to the equivalent cost of imported crude.”

December 31, 2009: TransCanada admits Keystone XL would raise gas prices.

TransCanada submits its first permit application. In the appendix to its application to the Canadian National Energy Board, the company writes, “A Canadian heavy crude producer is expected to realize an increase in the heavy crude price of approximately $3.00 per barrel by avoiding a discount at the [United States Gulf Coast].

TransCanada s Long List Of Flip Flops On Keystone XL ThinkProgress

"My energy plan will necessarily mean higher gas prices". -- Barrack Fucking Obama. (Paraphrased)

He wanted skyrocket prices.

"I once made the mistake of suggesting to Bush that he use the phrase cheap energy to describe the aims of his energy policy. He gave me a sharp, squinting look. Cheap energy, he answered, was how we got into this mess. Every year from the early 1970s until the mid-1990s, American cars burned less and less oil per mile traveled. Then in about 1995 that progress stopped. Why? He answered his own question: Because of the gas-guzzling SUV. And what had made the SUV craze possible? This time I answered, “Um, cheap energy?” He nodded at me. Dismissed." David Frum on Dubya

I remember when gas prices were all that cowboy in the White House's fault according to the left. Ah partisanship at it's best.

I remember it as being the fault of those two oil men in the White House, Bush and Cheney.

WONDER WHY?

Bush proclaimed: "What I think the president ought to do is he ought to get on the phone with the OPEC cartel and say we expect you to open your spigots...And the president of the United States must jawbone OPEC members to lower the price...

...I used to be in the oil business. I was little oil -- really little oil. And so I understand the -- I understand what can happen in the marketplace."

By June 2000, the Bush jawbone pledge became a standard on the stump. As the New York Times reported, Bush foreshadowed future expenditures of political capital he would fail to accumulate:

"I would work with our friends in OPEC to convince them to open up the spigot, to increase the supply," Mr. Bush, the presumptive Republican candidate for president, told reporters here today. "Use the capital that my administration will earn, with the Kuwaitis or the Saudis, and convince them to open up the spigot."

Remember how the left wing said that Obama had nothing to do with gasoline prices, it was a magical time.

You don't need to remember for them to say the same thing about the Keystone pipeline.

Of course a drop now and them saying it was Obama's fault they were high are two different things. Maybe this drop proves Obama was the cause for an artificially high price.

My Pleasure, LOL: Mr. Obama’s market analysis is more remarkable and worth quoting at length: “So there’s no—I won’t say ‘no’—there is very little impact, nominal impact, on U.S. gas prices—what the average American consumer cares about—by having this pipeline come through. And sometimes the way this gets sold is, let’s get this oil and it’s going to come here. And the implication is, is that’s going to lower gas prices here in the United States. It’s not. There’s a global oil market. See also the next reply)

Obama on Oil Markets - WSJ

"You don't need to remember for them to say the same thing about the Keystone pipeline"

In Keystone’s weirdonomics, the pipeline would actually increase prices of gasoline for much of the country, according to at least three studies that have looked into it. Keystone would divert crude from Midwest refineries to Gulf Coast refineries, where it would then be shipped to more expensive markets. Bypassing heartland refineries could drive up prices at home.

"[P]roduction in the United States really does not matter much for the price of gas," wrote Dean Baker of the Center for Economic and Policy Research, who said that the U.S. could increase its output by a third without meaningfully reducing fuel prices. "Oil prices in the United States depend on the world market, not just supply and demand in the United States.” 3 gasoline Drilling for oil brought down prices.

For people living in the Midwest, Great Plains and Rocky Mountains, it could add 20 cents a gallon to the price at the pump.

The assumption underlying this is that there is indeed a discount on crude delivered to the mid-West. There’s so much of it floating around, there’s not enough pipeline capacity to send it elsewhere

September 17, 2009: According to TransCanada’s own analysis, the Keystone XL tar sands pipeline will be a boon for corporate profits, but a burden for American consumers.

TransCanada, in testimony to the Canadian National Energy Board, “Existing markets for Canadian heavy crude, principally [the US Midwest], are currently oversupplied, resulting in price discounting for Canadian heavy crude oil. Access to the [US Gulf Coast] via the Keystone XL Pipeline is expected to strengthen Canadian crude oil pricing in [the Midwest market] by removing this oversupply. This is expected to increase the price of heavy crude to the equivalent cost of imported crude.”

TransCanada submits its first permit application. In the appendix to its application to the Canadian National Energy Board, the company writes, “A Canadian heavy crude producer is expected to realize an increase in the heavy crude price of approximately $3.00 per barrel by avoiding a discount at the [United States Gulf Coast].

My Pleasure, LOL: Mr. Obama’s market analysis is more remarkable and worth quoting at length: “So there’s no—I won’t say ‘no’—there is very little impact, nominal impact, on U.S. gas prices—what the average American consumer cares about—by having this pipeline come through. And sometimes the way this gets sold is, let’s get this oil and it’s going to come here. And the implication is, is that’s going to lower gas prices here in the United States. It’s not. There’s a global oil market. See also the next reply)

"[P]roduction in the United States really does not matter much for the price of gas," wrote Dean Baker of the Center for Economic and Policy Research, who said that the U.S. could increase its output by a third without meaningfully reducing fuel prices. "Oil prices in the United States depend on the world market, not just supply and demand in the United States.” 3 gasoline Drilling for oil brought down prices.

The discount could easily be put into the agreement.

The drop in oil prices has largely been attributed to shale oil and gas production in the US. As an adept politician Obama has managed to take credit for the results of the petroleum industry that until recently he has done little to support. As the benefits of fracking were making themselves felt in the global and US economy he has embraced oil. Too funny.

"As seen from Washington, however, the domestic oil rebound is largely a feel-good story and an essential part of an otherwise anemic economic recovery. Putting people back to work, Obama declared in May, "starts with helping businesses create more good jobs. One of the biggest factors in bringing jobs back to America has been our commitment to American energy over the last five years. When I took office, we set out to break our dependence on foreign oil. Today, America is closer to energy independence than we have been in decades.""

How Obama Became the Oil President Mother Jones

"The drop in oil prices has largely been attributed to shale oil and gas production in the US"

Weird, has there been a sudden surge since July, when gas was over $3.50 a gallon, in production in the US? LOL

" We’ve got very soft demand globally and expanding supply from the U.S. and really all eyes are on OPEC now to see if they cut back supply or continue to add supply and let prices continue to fall."

But China is not importing — or the growth is slowing down there.Also, in developing countries, cars are getting more efficient and people are driving less. So demand globally is growing at the slowest pace since 2009 and 2009 was, obviously, a very weak year.

What s behind the sudden drop in U.S. gas prices PBS NewsHour

The discount could easily be put into the agreement.

So you are a moron liar who doesn't understand THAT was not Obama actually said? He said, Keystone will NOT lowerr prices dummy

And Dean Baker IS correct isn't he?

NOW will you link to:

""Remember how the left wing said that supply had nothing to do with prices? "

PRETTY PLEASE?

Yepp, it's partisanship. And it's stupid. That is EXACTLY the point. That FOX changes the reasons for gas price rate hikes between BUSHGAS and OBAMAGAS is the point.

Thank you for supporting the OP.
You understand you didnt quote Fox saying anything, right? You just quoted some on air personalities.
You are so gullible, Herr Kind.

So, you are saying to me that you are incapable of reading the OP? For the information is right there...
I can read OK, try reading some of your own words sometime.
"Because Republicans make this a political issue, not Democrats."

Really? Were you in a coma during the Bush presidency? I could probably find 50 to 1 reports blaming gas prices on Bush from the MSM. You're outrage is selective.

"I could probably find 50 to 1 reports blaming gas prices on Bush from the MSM. You're outrage is selective."

PLEASE how about just five, in context with this:

Bush proclaimed: "What I think the president ought to do is he ought to get on the phone with the OPEC cartel and say we expect you to open your spigots...And the president of the United States must jawbone OPEC members to lower the price...

Stats left that part of the discussion out. I wonder why?

Because Republicans make this a political issue, not Democrats.

And instead of making this about ME as a person, why not focus yourself on the idea, like an adult would? hmmmm?
Are you delusional? Really?...Really?

REALLY, REALLY? LOL

TRY logic:

Feb 1, 2006

FactCheck: US grew more dependent on foreign oil under Bush

The President voiced a “goal” of replacing more than three-quarters “of our oil imports from the Middle East” by the year 2025. He did not mention that the US has grown more dependent on imported oil and petroleum products since he took office.
The US imported 60% of its oil and petroleum products during the first 11 months of last year, up from just under 53% in President Clinton’s last year in office. Last year, of all the oil and petroleum products consumed in the US, 11.2% came from Persian Keeping America competitive requires affordable energy. And here we have a serious problem: America is addicted to oil, which is often imported from unstable parts of the world.

The best way to break this addiction is through technology. Since 2001, we have spent nearly $10 billion to develop cleaner, cheaper and more reliable alternative energy sources. And we are on the threshold of incredible advances. So tonight I announce the Advanced Energy Initiative -- a 22% increase in clean-energy research

George W. Bush on Energy Oil

AFTER DUBYA SAID THIS:

"What I think the president ought to do is he ought to get on the phone with the OPEC cartel and say we expect you to open your spigots...And the president of the United States must jawbone OPEC members to lower the price...

So, you are saying to me that you are incapable of reading the OP? For the information is right there...

Really? Were you in a coma during the Bush presidency? I could probably find 50 to 1 reports blaming gas prices on Bush from the MSM. You're outrage is selective.

Bush started a war in Iraq that put a war premium into the price of oil. Or have you forgotten?
Funny, we were told by the left it was blood for oil. What happened to that? And how did Bush single handedly get us into Iraq? The Dems didn't help?

60% OF DEMS IN CONGRESS VOTED AGAINST DUBYA'S WAR OF CHOICE

And instead of making this about ME as a person, why not focus yourself on the idea, like an adult would? hmmmm?

REALLY, REALLY? LOL

TRY logic:

Feb 1, 2006

The President voiced a “goal” of replacing more than three-quarters “of our oil imports from the Middle East” by the year 2025. He did not mention that the US has grown more dependent on imported oil and petroleum products since he took office.
The US imported 60% of its oil and petroleum products during the first 11 months of last year, up from just under 53% in President Clinton’s last year in office. Last year, of all the oil and petroleum products consumed in the US, 11.2% came from Persian Keeping America competitive requires affordable energy. And here we have a serious problem: America is addicted to oil, which is often imported from unstable parts of the world.

The best way to break this addiction is through technology. Since 2001, we have spent nearly $10 billion to develop cleaner, cheaper and more reliable alternative energy sources. And we are on the threshold of incredible advances. So tonight I announce the Advanced Energy Initiative -- a 22% increase in clean-energy research

AFTER DUBYA SAID THIS:

I guess you just contradicted the OP's opinion... You made a liar out of him

REALLY, REALLY? LOL

TRY logic:

Feb 1, 2006

AFTER DUBYA SAID THIS:

The OP made a liar out of himself. By lying.

Bush started a war in Iraq that put a war premium into the price of oil. Or have you forgotten?
Funny, we were told by the left it was blood for oil. What happened to that? And how did Bush single handedly get us into Iraq? The Dems didn't help?
We went into Iraq in 03. Gas price in 08 was $1.75 per gallon

"Gas price in 08 was $1.75 per gallon"

REALLY? LOL

$4.09 per gallon in July 2008

Gas prices could soon break July 2008 record - USATODAY.com

YOU MEANT IN JAN 2009, WHEN WE WERE IN DUBYA'S GREAT RECESSION PRICES DROPPED TO BELOW $2 AN GALLON? LOL

ch.gaschart

REALLY, REALLY? LOL

TRY logic:

Feb 1, 2006

AFTER DUBYA SAID THIS:

Sure, sure, lol

REALLY? LOL

YOU MEANT IN JAN 2009, WHEN WE WERE IN DUBYA'S GREAT RECESSION PRICES DROPPED TO BELOW $2 AN GALLON? LOL

ch.gaschart

You can't even read your own chart you idiot. Look again gas started dropping in sept 08

OBAMAGAS prices up? 'ALL OBAMA's fault!'
OBAMAGAS prices down? 'OBAMA had nothing to do with it, he got lucky!!'

Its true and you lie. I would point out the facts proving this but you would only ignore them and continue lying so why bother.

"Its true and you lie. I would point out the facts proving this but you would only ignore them and continue lying so why bother."

lmarog

ch.gaschart

If you cry loudly enough I'll find a chart that covers 2003 as well.

So why was gas almost $5 a gallon a couple months ago:dunno:...the chart is wrong anyways

Did the US all of a sudden produce enough oil to drop gas prices ion a few months? lol

The chart is wrong? Nice refutation with all the clarity and backed up sources, lol

REALLY? LOL

ch.gaschart

You can't even read your own chart you idiot. Look again gas started dropping in sept 08

Started dropping in September 2008? Oh right when Dubya's subprime bubble started to collapse? lol

Gas prices fall below $1.87 - Nov. 26, 2008 - CNN Money

WOW I WAS OFF 2 MONTHS, LOL

BUT gas prices dropped $2 a gallon in 2 months, lol

REALLY? LOL

ch.gaschart

Started dropping in September 2008? Oh right when Dubya's subprime bubble started to collapse? lol

Gas prices fall below $1.87 - Nov. 26, 2008 - CNN Money

WOW I WAS OFF 2 MONTHS, LOL

BUT gas prices dropped $2 a gallon in 2 months, lol
No you're just off.... They started falling in Sept 08 read your damn chart genius

Forum List

Back