Remember when FOX blamed Obama for high gas prices?

Fox is just giving conservatives their talking points

Left, right, conservative, liberal.....
Which set of lies to believe and accept?
Both sides have said that a potus cannot change the price of gasoline.
Both sides have claimed credit for their potus when the price fell.
Both sides have blamed the the other guy's potus when it went up.

Something I find curious;
When the price was high, not yet at its peak but high non the less, it was often said that refineries were at peak production and that even if the Saudi's opened the tap, the price of gasoline couldn't come down much unless demand fell. There were tankers backed up in the gulf of Mexico waiting to unload.
Recent events call into question that assertion, demand seems steady, did we suddenly get new refining capacity to deal with the flush of crude?
The reduced price of crude certainly lowers production costs, and the price of the crude is driven artificially lower.
Then there is the Salon article of November 13, that seems to have gone largely unnoticed:

What really happened in Beijing Putin Obama Xi 8212 and the back story the media won 8217 t tell you - Salon.com

Just sayin' that George Carlin was right.
(See sig line)

Memories are so beautiful and yet.................

Remember how the left wing said that Obama had nothing to do with gasoline prices, it was a magical time.

Remember how the left wing said that supply had nothing to do with prices?

You don't need to remember for them to say the same thing about the Keystone pipeline.

Of course a drop now and them saying it was Obama's fault they were high are two different things. Maybe this drop proves Obama was the cause for an artificially high price.
Stats left that part of the discussion out. I wonder why?

Because Republicans make this a political issue, not Democrats.

And instead of making this about ME as a person, why not focus yourself on the idea, like an adult would? hmmmm?
Because YOU expressed only one half of YOUR "idea" ...try using your whole ass next time.

This is what passes for Right Wing logic these days, what?

It's quite an extraordinary case of derangement that causes rightwingers to turn good news into bad news and then blame their newly minted fake bad news on Obama.
You are doing exactly what you accuse others of. Who do you think you're fooling besides yourself and a handful of mind numbed leftists?

It's quite an extraordinary case of derangement that causes rightwingers to turn good news into bad news and then blame their newly minted fake bad news on Obama.
You are doing exactly what you accuse others of. Who do you think you're fooling besides yourself and a handful of mind numbed leftists?

Do you deny that FOX news reported rising gas prices completely differently for Bush than they did for Obama? If you deny this, they you are only showing complete ignorance.

Do you remember when the left blamed Bush for high gas prices? Do you remember when the left said you can't drill your way to prosperity or that fracking was bad? Yet many say increased drilling on state and private lands along with fracking has increased our oil supply and helped drive the price of gas down.

Really? Then I guess you can easily post many examples of where I've taken good news, claimed it was bad news, and then blamed it on some president.

Do you deny that FOX news reported rising gas prices completely differently for Bush than they did for Obama? If you deny this, they you are only showing complete ignorance.
You dumbfuck. I am not FOX an seldom watch it. I have no idea what all they said and never pretended to. You are apparently bundling everything you dislike into one neat little package so you can kick it around. That isn't exactly the hallmark of a thinker.

Really? Then I guess you can easily post many examples of where I've taken good news, claimed it was bad news, and then blamed it on some president.
More proof that you are truly clueless.

I remember when gas prices were all that cowboy in the White House's fault according to the left. Ah partisanship at it's best.

I remember it as being the fault of those two oil men in the White House, Bush and Cheney.

Low oil prices are starting to cause layoffs in the domestic oil patch.

Anyone willing to pay higher fuel/energy prices to keep those people working?

Not me, but the loss of those middle class jobs should concern Obama. Aren't the oil field workers part of his class warfare campaign?

Those not driven by blind partisanship know that the President has very little to do with the actual price of gas. It is nothing more than a silly political football. Watching the party devout (on either side) change their opinion on gas prices every time it is not convenient to the narrative is at least entertaining.
Yes he does, it is all done on speculation, what you pay today is not what your local gas station paid for that gas a week ago when delivered. they get a daily update what to charge

The drop in oil prices has largely been attributed to shale oil and gas production in the US. As an adept politician Obama has managed to take credit for the results of the petroleum industry that until recently he has done little to support. As the benefits of fracking were making themselves felt in the global and US economy he has embraced oil. Too funny.

"As seen from Washington, however, the domestic oil rebound is largely a feel-good story and an essential part of an otherwise anemic economic recovery. Putting people back to work, Obama declared in May, "starts with helping businesses create more good jobs. One of the biggest factors in bringing jobs back to America has been our commitment to American energy over the last five years. When I took office, we set out to break our dependence on foreign oil. Today, America is closer to energy independence than we have been in decades.""

How Obama Became the Oil President Mother Jones

More proof that you are truly clueless.

So in other words you can't come up with a single example of me doing what you accused me of doing.

Big surprise.

You dumbfuck. I am not FOX an seldom watch it. I have no idea what all they said and never pretended to. You are apparently bundling everything you dislike into one neat little package so you can kick it around. That isn't exactly the hallmark of a thinker.

So, you are saying to me that you are incapable of reading the OP? For the information is right there...

And on a side note, you seem angry....

:lol:

Forum List

Back