Remember, it was Bush and the GOP who tricked this country into invading Iraq. PERIOD!

From an article in the Guardian:
"
Iraq war was illegal and breached UN charter, says Annan

Ewen MacAskill and Julian Borger in Washington

Wed 15 Sep 2004 21.28 EDTFirst published on Wed 15 Sep 2004 21.28 EDT

The United Nations secretary general, Kofi Annan, declared explicitly for the first time last night that the US-led war on Iraq was illegal.
Mr Annan said that the invasion was not sanctioned by the UN security council or in accordance with the UN's founding charter. In an interview with the BBC World Service broadcast last night, he was asked outright if the war was illegal. He replied: "Yes, if you wish."

He then added unequivocally: "I have indicated it was not in conformity with the UN charter. From our point of view and from the charter point of view it was illegal."

Mr Annan has until now kept a tactful silence and his intervention at this point undermines the argument pushed by Tony Blair that the war was legitimised by security council resolutions."

Of course. The UN got their wittle feelwings hurt. Lame ass useless baggage that they are.

You know what else was REALLY ILLEGAL??? The GRAFT, CORRUPTION, and CHRONYISM that we caught them doing with their OIL FOR FOOD Iraqi relief program !!!!

100s of thousands of Iraqis dying under constant embargo and THEY were stuffing their 3rd world pockets.

These threads are hilarious. Russia is stepping up their defense for a tyrant who uses chemical weapons on his own civilians, and the left is freaking out. Meanwhile the genocidal psychopathic leftists here keep murdering babies through abortion.

Maybe Trump should order some missile strikes on the abortion clinics too while we're at it. It's not like we're going to run out of cruise missiles.
Trump ran on patting that tyrant on the head and letting Russia and Iran decide what should happen in Syria. You voted for that.

Please keep believing that, would you? That's why you Democrats are destined to lose again in 2020.
So you’re just going to gloss over the years of conservatives praising Putin and demonizing the Syrian rebels? The years of defending Assad? :laugh:

Iraq violated the cease fire-- we had every right and duty to finish it--it's that simple
U.S. Cites 1991 U.N. Cease-Fire Resolution as the Legal Basis for Its Invasion
Long list of Saddam's violations
you don't let a country violate a cease fire/armistice/AGREEMENT --like hitler did
look what happened when no one did anything when hitler violated the armistice
gerbreaks
also -just like hitler, Saddam gassed/murdered his own people

it wasn't an invasion you liar !!!!!!!!! ---but a continuation of PG1
learn some history before you post crap
1991?
What year did Bush and the GOP invade Iraq?

Remember, when Iraq invaded Kuwait, Bush Sr. chased them back into Iraq. And rightfully so. We had treaties with Kuwait.

But he stopped at the border.

And you know, that being a former WWII officer and a hero, he didn't just walk away from Iraq. He left sanctions in place, a watchful military and satellites overhead to monitor Iraqi actions. PERIOD!

What the GOP did to the economy was bad enough, but the shambles they left the military and the Middle East were criminal. I have always felt Obama's big mistake was that he didn't bring Bush and Cheney and other members of that wicked cabal up on charges.

Obama was handed a wrecked economy and a Middle East debacle and from what I've seen, he actually did turn a sow's ear into a silk purse.

Instead of attacking Obama, certain members of the GOP should be happy he didn't bring them up on charges. Maybe if he had, they wouldn't be acting the fools they are today.

Last I checked, troll, it was very much a bipartisan effort.

Iraq violated the cease fire-- we had every right and duty to finish it--it's that simple
U.S. Cites 1991 U.N. Cease-Fire Resolution as the Legal Basis for Its Invasion
Long list of Saddam's violations
you don't let a country violate a cease fire/armistice/AGREEMENT --like hitler did
look what happened when no one did anything when hitler violated the armistice
gerbreaks
also -just like hitler, Saddam gassed/murdered his own people

it wasn't an invasion you liar !!!!!!!!! ---but a continuation of PG1
learn some history before you post crap
1991?
What year did Bush and the GOP invade Iraq?
the US legally went to war--what do you not understand about that??
Iraq was the invader--they violated Kuwait

Clinton orders air attack on Iraq - Dec 16, 1998 - HISTORY.com

WATCH THIS LEWINSKY NIGHT VIDEO to understand where GW GOT those ideas about the covert chem, bio, nuclear programs in Iraq... And let @Rdean explain Clinton was not lying to the American people.

That was not the only time. Actually the US was routinely bombing Iraq when Bill Clinton was president, I think monthly at least but usually weekly or sometimes more often.

I think I had a flyer about it from some peace group, I can't find that data on the net right now.

This article has some information, by no means exhaustive:
When Iraq Was Clinton’s War

WATCH THIS LEWINSKY NIGHT VIDEO to understand where GW GOT those ideas about the covert chem, bio, nuclear programs in Iraq... And let @Rdean explain Clinton was not lying to the American people.

That was not the only time. Actually the US was routinely bombing Iraq when Bill Clinton was president, I think monthly at least but usually weekly or sometimes more often.

I think I had a flyer about it from some peace group, I can't find that data on the net right now.

Imagine that

Bill Clinton never invaded

Remember, when Iraq invaded Kuwait, Bush Sr. chased them back into Iraq. And rightfully so. We had treaties with Kuwait.

And you know, that being a former WWII officer and a hero, he didn't just walk away from Iraq. He left sanctions in place, a watchful military and satellites overhead to monitor Iraqi actions. PERIOD!

What the GOP did to the economy was bad enough, but the shambles they left the military and the Middle East were criminal. I have always felt Obama's big mistake was that he didn't bring Bush and Cheney and other members of that wicked cabal up on charges.

Obama was handed a wrecked economy and a Middle East debacle and from what I've seen, he actually did turn a sow's ear into a silk purse.

Instead of attacking Obama, certain members of the GOP should be happy he didn't bring them up on charges. Maybe if he had, they wouldn't be acting the fools they are today.

It was Bush’s decision as Commander in Chief
The UN begged him to hold off

Yeah..... I know.......

H.J.Res. 114 (107th): Authorization for Use of Military Force Against ... -- Senate Vote #237 -- Oct 11, 2002

Yeah..... I know.......

H.J.Res. 114 (107th): Authorization for Use of Military Force Against ... -- Senate Vote #237 -- Oct 11, 2002

Authorization of WHO to use force?

Bush trumped up phony Intelligence
Bush sent his doctored Intelligence to Congress
Congress authorized Bush to invade if HE felt it necessary
The UN urged Bush to hold off invading until Hans Blix finished his inspection
Bush invaded anyway

There were no WMDs, the invasion was a disaster, 6000 Americans and 100,000 Iraqis were killed

Imagine that

No -- he just starved and sickened a couple hundred thousand Iraqis to death and bombed them nearly daily. And left them locked up with a madman for 8 years with no National economy.... And no solution...

Bush trumped up phony Intelligence

Same intelligence that Clinton used for eight years. See his Monica Bombing speech I linked. If the reason for INVADING was wrong. Then the SAME REASONS for "containment" over 12 years was the same EXACT "kind of wrong"... Or using them as target practice whenever the impeachment news cycle needed some push-back.

Imagine that

No -- he just starved and sickened a couple hundred thousand Iraqis to death and bombed them nearly daily. And left them locked up with a madman for 8 years with no National economy.... And no solution...

So bombing and invading their country was better?
Thank God Bush got something out of it.
He created Isis.

These threads are hilarious. Russia is stepping up their defense for a tyrant who uses chemical weapons on his own civilians, and the left is freaking out. Meanwhile the genocidal psychopathic leftists here keep murdering babies through abortion.

Maybe Trump should order some missile strikes on the abortion clinics too while we're at it. It's not like we're going to run out of cruise missiles.
Trump ran on patting that tyrant on the head and letting Russia and Iran decide what should happen in Syria. You voted for that.

Please keep believing that, would you? That's why you Democrats are destined to lose again in 2020.
So you’re just going to gloss over the years of conservatives praising Putin and demonizing the Syrian rebels? The years of defending Assad? :laugh:

Nobody I know is defending Assad.. We' ve TRIED to make democracy bloom and turn donkeys into Unicorns in about 4 or 5 Arab countries now by REMOVING or helping to remove dictators and thugs. How'd that work out? What's the fucking score on that?

They NEED shotgun waving deranged madmen to keep them from killing each other. We don't HAVE to like them. But we damn well need to stop JUDGING them and blowing up their countries just to make things worse.

The dumb liberal knuttjobs are still very bitter about Bush defeating Saddam.
The Left Wingers have long history of being traitors.

Imagine that

So bombing and invading their country was better?
Thank God Bush got something out of it.
He created Isis.

He stopped the embargo which was KILLING too many AND the daily infrastructure destruction. And gave them an ECONOMY back.

What was YOUR plan genius??? :19:

Granted it sucks to get the bill for REBUILDING Iraq because we broke it. Or the bill for rebuilding their army that we dismantled. Or the YEARS of ATTEMPTING to make them comply with OUR STANDARDS of govt.

Shouldn't make those mistakes again...

Nobody I know is defending Assad.. We' ve TRIED to make democracy bloom and turn donkeys into Unicorns in about 4 or 5 Arab countries now by REMOVING or helping to remove dictators and thugs. How'd that work out? What's the fucking score on that?

They NEED shotgun waving deranged madmen to keep them from killing each other. We don't HAVE to like them. But we damn well need to stop JUDGING them and blowing up their countries just to make things worse.

Maybe we're just not trying hard enough. That seemed to work pretty well on the Kaiser, Hitler, and the Imperial Japanese.

What's changed since then?

Forum List

Back