Religions will End.

I don't know that I'd go for one. It just postpones the inevitable, and costs a shitload of money.

Leeches have made a tremendous comeback, btw.

And while the Salem Witch trials were a political mess, we still aren't any closer to explaining what causes evil in people. You can play around with "mental illness" and "dysfunction" but at the end of the day, some people are bad, and some good, regardless of their background and genetics. We aren't any closer to explaining the whys of it than we were in the 1600s.

Yep, My theory on that is we can record and pass on technology very well to the next generation.
But hujmans have a short lifespan and each one has to start from scratch learning how to be a good person, they hopefully figure it out not too long before they die.
Then the next generation starts over from scratch.

And yet you've witnessed life eternal and brain transplants?

There is a woman lying in a hospital bed in Arizona as we speak that would have certainly died 200 years ago from the very same injury. Our knowledge is increasing exponentially. I don't know if these advances will come in my lifetime..but they will come.

There is a woman lying in a hospital bed in Arizona as we speak that would have certainly died 200 years ago from the very same injury. Our knowledge is increasing exponentially. I don't know if these advances will come in my lifetime..but they will come.
yep if we do not set ourselves back a few centuries somehow. Or a big rock smacks the earth like a billiard ball.

yep if we do not set ourselves back a few centuries somehow. Or a big rock smacks the earth like a billiard ball.

I have advocated for a long time the need to be able to save our planet from a collision. If it comes I hope we are ready to deal with the intruder. There is an amazing amount of energy locked up in an atom. We need to think of an explosive device on a scale not yet imagined for just this purpose.

I have advocated for a long time the need to be able to save our planet from a collision. If it comes I hope we are ready to deal with the intruder. There is an amazing amount of energy locked up in an atom. We need to think of an explosive device on a scale not yet imagined for just this purpose.

or we just have to spot the probable collider early enough. It will likely loop past us a time or two before it hits us. It would be fairly easy to change it's trajectory a degree or so if done far enough away.

If one udnderstood enough about this corner of the universe and all the objects in it one could actually predict the end of the earth.

Last edited:

or we just have to spot the probable collider early enough. It will likely loop past us a time or two before it hits us. It would be fairly easy to change it's trajectory a degree or so if done far enough away.

If one udnderstood enough about this corner of the universe and all the objects in it one could actually predict the end of the earth.

I would rather we predict and execute it's rescue.

I would rather we predict and execute it's rescue.

We have the technology just not the gumption.

I don't think that brain transplants are a likely method for attaining incredible long lifespan but it is a possibility. I find it more likely that we are able to master 'downloading' or transferring ourselves to a new body. The tech is likely a few hundred years off but make no mistake, there will come a day when humans no longer age or die of natural causes the way things go today. Technology is moving at an incredible pace and if we are able to avoid destruction then we will get there at some point in time. As for the OP, rather a pointless topic don't you think.

When man finally figures out he is God, then religion will end. So how will he know? I think technology is opening new doors, intelligence is advancing, and man will learn to control his mind and make it work for him. You never hear much about it, but while I was studying at a University a professor in paranormal studies approached me, and discussed a society that conducts studys of mind control, and asked if I wanted to join into that group to send messages directly to targeted individuals, much like a telephone call. I was buried in other studies so passed it up. But it is something ongoing I assume.

When we get several of the powers down of the mind, making life everlasting, then I think religion will disban. Much of religion is pretty much debunked anyway.

Your thoughts.

I think Satan has you right where he wants you. :(

When man finally figures out he is God, then religion will end. So how will he know? I think technology is opening new doors, intelligence is advancing, and man will learn to control his mind and make it work for him. You never hear much about it, but while I was studying at a University a professor in paranormal studies approached me, and discussed a society that conducts studys of mind control, and asked if I wanted to join into that group to send messages directly to targeted individuals, much like a telephone call. I was buried in other studies so passed it up. But it is something ongoing I assume.

When we get several of the powers down of the mind, making life everlasting, then I think religion will disban. Much of religion is pretty much debunked anyway.

Your thoughts.
Yer uh murkin.
Remember folks. This person gets to vote too.
Get out, while you still can.:eusa_shhh:

Your thoughts.

SHITS(ow!),

First: You are a certified whackjob. That is an established fact.

Second: All that crap dished out by some looney-tune Prof re telepathic messages revolutionizing our World....is just crap.

Third: The Religions of the World will evaporate only in the very far distant future. Not because of telepathy.....but because (and that's just my belief) that every generation people get smarter, and as people get smarter they will realize that this unproven crappola of a Man-like Godly Apparition is just the evolved form of regurgitated MYTHOLOGY.

What are you going to do on judgement day when you are standing before the Lord?
What will be going through your mind when you are forced to see that there is a God?
Maybe you will be like the m&m comercial and faint right after you say he does exist. :eek:
We who believe know for certain that he does exist.

What are you going to do on judgement day when you are standing before the Lord?
What will be going through your mind when you are forced to see that there is a God?
Maybe you will be like the m&m comercial and faint right after you say he does exist. :eek:
We who believe know for certain that he does exist.

Now that is the real bitch of it isn't it? No way to prove one way or another before death.
Either nothing or judgement day or perhaps even something else?

If you are correct then I will be damned and take it.
If I am correct then there will be nothing happening.

Your thoughts.

you're an idiot.
My thoughts exactly.

IMHO the whole "god" thing is just man HOPING that there is someone that is going to take care of him. Any sense-able person that reads the Bible will see that it is written by MAN.
Written by man inspired by God. When man thinks he is god he has condemned himself.

I'm thinking you are provoking people that are not ready for SOME of this information. The CIA has been doing something similar to your proposed idea for a long time. They call it remote viewing. It is the passive end of message transmission. What you are referring to is not a "power". It is simply knowing who you are sending a though transmission to. By "knowing" I mean you must know the exact way a person speaks in their own thoughts. That is their secret address. This happens every day to many people. When you pick up the telephone before it rings and know who is on the other end of the line ...this is very close to what I am talking about.

As for living forever... That will come close to happening through cloning.

You believe this..yet you have difficulty believing in an all-powerful God?

Do you realize how ridiculous that is?

I have seen many things in my life. An all powerful god was not among them.
You will see God when you die, one way or another. Do you believe in oxygen? Have you ever seen it? But yet you know it is there because you have been taught it is there. It is called FAITH. God gave man free will to believe or not. But there is consequences for your decisions. I pray that all men know the truth.

As long as there's hucksters and people easily lead by them, there will be religions.

Something approaching immortality, if it ever happens, will exist when we learn to digitize our indentities such that we are forever free (unless we choose to inhabit) physical bodies.

Now in the very unlikely event that actually happens, then the concept of GODHEAD will change, but I seriously doubt that mankind will ever give up the notion of GOD because what GOD really is is HOPE personified.

You believe this..yet you have difficulty believing in an all-powerful God?

Do you realize how ridiculous that is?

I have seen many things in my life. An all powerful god was not among them.
You will see God when you die, one way or another. Do you believe in oxygen? Have you ever seen it? But yet you know it is there because you have been taught it is there. It is called FAITH. God gave man free will to believe or not. But there is consequences for your decisions. I pray that all men know the truth.

Perpetrating and supporting an on ongoing fraud is wrong.

Forum List

Back