Relationships at workplace

"A recent survey concerning dating in the workplace resulted in:

70% opposed on professional grounds.
20% approved if the couple remains discreet.
10% responded that it would be morbidly fascinating to watch the couple's careers implode."
:eek:

--anon

I met my late wife at work. Eventually she quit and went to work for another company. Working together can be tough, and I understand why many companies disapprove. Despite that, I would encourage people to date those they work with. When you work with someone, you get to know them much better than you would just by randomly meeting people and dating. I personally think the workplace is a great place to meet your future mate. It's after meeting and beginning a relationship that the workplace arrangement may need to be looked at and changed. For most people, it's fairly easy for one of the two to find a different job if it benefits the relationship.

Way too risky to even consider going there, but it's understandable there should be some temptation.

First of all, relationships at work are bad idea more often than not. Then some women, especially young ones, like to play this game so they cam make fun of it later with their friends. You might want to think she finds you very attractive or even overwhelming, but the truth is if this was the case she would be self-conscious and shy to act that way because she would be concerned what you will think of her or how she comes across. Playing this type of games is easy with someone you don't care about, for money or just for the heck of it.

Forum List

Back