New study shows the kids are alright

BDBoop

Platinum Member
Jul 20, 2011
Don't harsh my zen, Jen!
Worried about children growing up with gay parents? Well, stop. These kids are alright.
That's according to the initial findings of a new study from Melbourne University in Australia that found kids of same-sex couples are on average even healthier and more adjusted than kids of straight couples.

The Australian Study of Child Health in Same-Sex Families, called the world's largest study of its kind, drew upon health data from over 500 children aged 5-17 and 315 gay, lesbian and bisexual parents. An interim report of the study's findings was released this week.

Researchers said they found no difference between gay-parent and straight-parent households in the kids' self-esteem, emotional health, and the amount of time they spent with their parents.

But children of gay couples scored "significantly better" when it came to general health as well as family cohesion, meaning the families got along better with one another.

Researchers noted the same-sex parents and their children "continue to face discrimination in a variety of contexts."

Y'know? Don't ask me why, but I sort of thought this would be true. I'll give it some thought and see what my subconscious has to say on the matter.

Read more: Children of same-sex parents are healthier, families closer than straight-parent families: study - NY Daily News

If your facts are correct, homosexuals are better to raise children then heterosexuals.

Wow, heterosexuals have been doing in wrong for a long time

• Banned
What cracks me is the people who think that a man or woman suddenly becomes a bad parent by virtue of whether they are gay or straight. My sister raised an amazing man, who is now a dad himself. She got pregnant at 19, which likely never would have happened if we hadn't been raised staunch fundamentalists - in fact, her son went on to write a novel based on her experience (very loosely based, in fact just the concept of a lesbian getting pregnant because she knew that she'd go to hell for acting on her feelings.)

So. Was she any less an amazing parent because she is a lesbian? Of course not. She went to school full time, AND worked full time, graduating from the U of MN the same year her son graduated high school. I am very proud of her.

Worried about children growing up with gay parents? Well, stop. These kids are alright.
That's according to the initial findings of a new study from Melbourne University in Australia that found kids of same-sex couples are on average even healthier and more adjusted than kids of straight couples.

The Australian Study of Child Health in Same-Sex Families, called the world's largest study of its kind, drew upon health data from over 500 children aged 5-17 and 315 gay, lesbian and bisexual parents. An interim report of the study's findings was released this week.

Researchers said they found no difference between gay-parent and straight-parent households in the kids' self-esteem, emotional health, and the amount of time they spent with their parents.

But children of gay couples scored "significantly better" when it came to general health as well as family cohesion, meaning the families got along better with one another.

Researchers noted the same-sex parents and their children "continue to face discrimination in a variety of contexts."

Y'know? Don't ask me why, but I sort of thought this would be true. I'll give it some thought and see what my subconscious has to say on the matter.

Read more: Children of same-sex parents are healthier, families closer than straight-parent families: study - NY Daily News

Would assume persecuted minority groups are always closer-knit than non-persecuted majorities.

What cracks me is the people who think that a man or woman suddenly becomes a bad parent by virtue of whether they are gay or straight. My sister raised an amazing man, who is now a dad himself. She got pregnant at 19, which likely never would have happened if we hadn't been raised staunch fundamentalists - in fact, her son went on to write a novel based on her experience (very loosely based, in fact just the concept of a lesbian getting pregnant because she knew that she'd go to hell for acting on her feelings.)

So. Was she any less an amazing parent because she is a lesbian? Of course not. She went to school full time, AND worked full time, graduating from the U of MN the same year her son graduated high school. I am very proud of her.

Aren't you afraid of kids catching the ghey?

• Banned

I'm more worried about me! I live with a lesbian couple. The other (sensible) shoe should be dropping any day now. And then I'll be FABULOUS!! against my will. :(

I'm more worried about me! I live with a lesbian couple. The other (sensible) shoe should be dropping any day now. And then I'll be FABULOUS!! against my will. :(

Cool

Do you have tickle fights at night?

• Banned
It is much too soon to draw any valid conclusions about the progeny of "gay" couples. When the kids are adults in their 30's they will be better able to assess the ramifications of their upbringing. No kid can evaluate the only existence they have ever known.

Clearly, the people doing the study were hoping for a specific conclusion, and magically the conclusion matched their hopes.

G.I.G.O.

It is much too soon to draw any valid conclusions about the progeny of "gay" couples. When the kids are adults in their 30's they will be better able to assess the ramifications of their upbringing. No kid can evaluate the only existence they have ever known.

Clearly, the people doing the study were hoping for a specific conclusion, and magically the conclusion matched their hopes.

G.I.G.O.

My nephew is in his mid-30's and he is fine.

Sorry the test results haz gave you a sad.

And exactly how many participants were included in the survey titled, "My nephew"?

1,000? 10,000?

You fucking tool.

I remember when all the studies showed that divorce had a beneficial effect on children who were far superior to those raised in intact households.

That was then. Now these children are excused as disadvantaged.

for 10,000 years we have been doing it wrong b/c a college checked 500 families and said gays is better.

So all the research done that showed a loving mom and dad raising better kids was just a bunch of lies, b/c now we know, that all those different researchers coming to the same conclusion lied, b/c Some Ausie school did a study.

:lmao:

Indeed, we see evidence of that discrimination practiced by conservatives on this very forum, and in this very thread.

Otherwise, this comes as no surprise to those familiar with the many cases concerning same-sex couples’ right to access marriage law. In Perry, for example, the Proposition 8 case, supporters of the measure failed comprehensively to provide any objective, documented evidence that children raised by same-sex parents were at any ‘risk.’ In fact, the evidence demonstrated that children in homes headed by same-sex parents were as happy and as well-adjusted as children from a home with opposite-sex parents.

What children need to be healthy is love and attention from their parents, regardless the gender configuration.

And exactly how many participants were included in the survey titled, "My nephew"?

1,000? 10,000?

You fucking tool.

Straighten up a bit newbie. :eusa_hand:

Save the swearing for when someone does it to you first ... especially the ladies.

he's not new
you are not a mod

and boop is not a lady, not even close

Too bad. Go cry about it to someone who cares. :eusa_boohoo:

Boop most certainly is a lady - you wouldn't know that, though - being 12 and all.

:lol:

Forum List

Back