Reid says Romney didn't pay taxes for 10 years

let's pretend it's true for a second....how do you guys on the right feel about it? What if it was Obama who went 10years without paying any income tax, or eric holder, what do you think you would be saying/screaming about on this board?
All right let us pretend if you will that a Republican politician claimed that he had a source that said Obama had not payed taxes for ten years but said Republican politician would not name that source as we have here with Harry Reid. I would ask the same questions of the pretend Republican that I am asking about Reid's claim. Who is this source? Since tax returns are private how would this source know anything about what is in them? Does this source have any documentation to back up the claim of Romney paying no taxes for ten year's? Now before people on the left here want to go on and on about Romney did not pay taxes for ten year's don't you think it would be wise and responsible to get the answers to the very real and legitimate questions I have asked here.

Sure it would be. The unsubstantiated charges about Obama have been with us for 6 years now. This is just another one about Governor Romney.

What was it you guys were saying 2 years ago? "If the President would just release his birth certificate it would all be over." Well he did.

So would you agree that, "If Governor Romney would just release his tax returns for the last 10 years, it would all be over?"

Well?

let's pretend it's true for a second....how do you guys on the right feel about it? What if it was Obama who went 10years without paying any income tax, or eric holder, what do you think you would be saying/screaming about on this board?
All right let us pretend if you will that a Republican politician claimed that he had a source that said Obama had not payed taxes for ten years but said Republican politician would not name that source as we have here with Harry Reid. I would ask the same questions of the pretend Republican that I am asking about Reid's claim. Who is this source? Since tax returns are private how would this source know anything about what is in them? Does this source have any documentation to back up the claim of Romney paying no taxes for ten year's? Now before people on the left here want to go on and on about Romney did not pay taxes for ten year's don't you think it would be wise and responsible to get the answers to the very real and legitimate questions I have asked here.

Sure it would be. The unsubstantiated charges about Obama have been with us for 6 years now. This is just another one about Governor Romney.

What was it you guys were saying 2 years ago? "If the President would just release his birth certificate it would all be over." Well he did.

So would you agree that, "If Governor Romney would just release his tax returns for the last 10 years, it would all be over?"

Well?
First of all I have never said Obama was not a citizen or called for him to release his birth certificate and no If Romney released ten year's of records and there was nothing out of order I have no doubt the left would be calling on him to release 15 year's and after 15 if there was still nothing they would want twenty and on and on. I will point out again legally no candidate is required to release any tax returns just a financial disclosure statement if a candidate wants to release tax returns as well fine that is there choice if they don't I'm equally good with that.If a law is ever passed that requires a candidate to release a specific year's of tax returns I will expect every politician Democrat and Republican to do so until that happens all this talk about Romney's taxes is just distraction and deflection nothing more.

Last edited:

Well?
First of all I have never said Obama was not a citizen or called for him to release his birth certificate and no If Romney released ten year's of records and there was nothing out of order I have no doubt the left would be calling on him to release 15 year's and after 15 if there was still nothing they would want twenty and on and on.
Well, I'm glad that YOU have never done it but undoubtedly you've heard others on the right do just that. As for 15 years...that would be a good way to shut the critics up.

I started a thread about his tax records. Unless he's got a deep dark secret somewhere, I doubt you'll find out anything about Governor Romney you don't already know:

http://www.usmessageboard.com/politics/235834-just-remember-this-about-gov-romneys-tax-records.html

I will point out again legally no candidate is required to release any tax returns just a financial disclosure statement if a candidate wants to release tax returns as well fine that is there choice if they don't I'm equally good with that.If a law is ever passed that requires a candidate to release a specific year's of tax returns I will expect every politician Democrat and Republican to do so until that happens all this talk about Romney's taxes is just distraction and deflection nothing more.

Well, again, he could erase it tomorrow....

Also in this day and age of "who pays what" and tax policy; it certainly is fair game. If the election were over grazing rights, maybe not but it is a central issue in this election.

As for legality...legal doesn't always translate into presidential. For example, an argument could be made; If he legally didn't pay a dime in taxes...how can he ask others to pay anything?

Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid has claimed that Mitt Romney did not pay taxes for 10 years.

Reid said that is the reason the presumptive Republican presidential nominee has only released two years of personal tax returns, according to the Huffington Post.

Reid said that a Bain Capital investor recently told him: ‘Harry, he didn't pay any taxes for 10 years.’

'Mitt Romney didn't pay any taxes for 10 years,' claims Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid | Mail Online

So some apparent buddy of Reid makes a baseless claim and Harry's going to repeat it?
Meanwhile Reid has shown nothing but contempt for those who have been questioning Obama's nationality since 2004?
I so wish Nevada was a border state, it seems to be one land mass this nation could afford to hand back to the Mexis.

539246_10151306246043761_473410967_n.jpg

Well?

No it wouldn't be over. First of all I have always believed Obama to be born in the United States. You have your fringe right and fringe left--that believe BULLSHIT like this. In fact there are still a few on the right that believe Obama's birth certificate to be false. So the same would happen on the left--if Romney were to release 10 years of income tax returns. They would ask for 40 more to prove he has paid taxes all of his life. It never ends--so what you have to do is--take Harry Reid's head and bend it up toward his ass--by completely ignoring it.

Here we have the democrat senate majority leader making a ridiculous comment such as this "claiming" he got this from an anonymous source---:badgrin:

As Ronald Reagan said: "If it's not true IGNORE it." --

ship-obama-dems-jumping-overboard-cartoon.jpg

"If you don't have a record to run on, you paint your opponent as someone people should run from"--Barack Obama

Last edited:
Is this a joke thread or a fail thread? I'm unclear.

It is Chris' thread, so I'm guessing the latter.

Well?

No it wouldn't be over. First of all I have always believed Obama to be born in the United States. You have your fringe right and fringe left--that believe BULLSHIT like this.In fact there are still a few on the right that believe Obama's birth certificate to be false.
I also remember, if I'm not mistaken, you showed actual disdain for Rush calling that woman a slut. Do I have that right?

There are persons on this board right now who still talk about Obama's birth certificate being a phony. I don't have enough fingers to count them, I don't think.

So the same would happen on the left--if Romney were to release 10 years of income tax returns. They would ask for 40 more to prove he has paid taxes all of his life. It never ends--so what you have to do is--take Harry Reid's head and bend it up toward his ass.

Here we have the democrat senate majority leader making a ridiculous comment such as this "claiming" he got this from an anonymous source---:badgrin:

As Ronald Reagan said: "If it's not true IGNORE it."

ship-obama-dems-jumping-overboard-cartoon.jpg

"If you don't have a record to run on, you paint your opponent as someone people should run from"--Barack Obama

Okay...well, if they do ask for 40 years; they do so at their own peril. Obviously those who still hum the birther tune are lampooned by the press left, right and up the middle. Case in point, how many times do you hear Trump's name seriously mentioned unless he's tossing money around? Sheriff Joe? A clown we all agree. The same thing would happen to those who want 40 years of tax returns.

As I told Blackhawk, when tax policy is one of the primary issues and who pays what is a key in this election, the candidate's tax returns are fair game. Reid's stunt was that; a cheap political stunt from a cheap politician who has embodied much of whats wrong with our politics. But he called the Governor's bluff and Romney is on the button. He will have to eventually release tax records and the longer he waits, the bigger the story becomes.

Reid is incredibly Unethical, and Irresponsible for making such and accusation and attributing it to an Unknown Source with no possible way to Prove or Disprove it.

I assure you if someone was making completely unfounded, "I am not saying, but someone else did" Accusations against Obama the left would rightly be saying it's Bogus and should be ignored.

Just another Shining Example of the Lefts Extreme Hypocrisy.

Romney makes 10s of millions a year.

Does the OP and other libs jumping on Chris' bandwagon, really believe that the government wouldn't go after "their" share for 8 years?

Well?
First of all I have never said Obama was not a citizen or called for him to release his birth certificate and no If Romney released ten year's of records and there was nothing out of order I have no doubt the left would be calling on him to release 15 year's and after 15 if there was still nothing they would want twenty and on and on.
Well, I'm glad that YOU have never done it but undoubtedly you've heard others on the right do just that. As for 15 years...that would be a good way to shut the critics up.

I started a thread about his tax records. Unless he's got a deep dark secret somewhere, I doubt you'll find out anything about Governor Romney you don't already know:

http://www.usmessageboard.com/politics/235834-just-remember-this-about-gov-romneys-tax-records.html

I will point out again legally no candidate is required to release any tax returns just a financial disclosure statement if a candidate wants to release tax returns as well fine that is there choice if they don't I'm equally good with that.If a law is ever passed that requires a candidate to release a specific year's of tax returns I will expect every politician Democrat and Republican to do so until that happens all this talk about Romney's taxes is just distraction and deflection nothing more.

Also in this day and age of "who pays what" and tax policy; it certainly is fair game. If the election were over grazing rights, maybe not but it is a central issue in this election.

As for legality...legal doesn't always translate into presidential. For example, an argument could be made; If he legally didn't pay a dime in taxes...how can he ask others to pay anything?

You say he could erase it tomorrow but as you pointed Obama released his birth certificate it didn't end that silliness.This election is not about who pays what in taxes to quote Joe Biden from the 2008 election it is about one three letter word jobs if it translates into Presidential is irrelevant he has fulfilled all the legal requirements and then some if that is not good enough for some then work to change the law as to what candidates are required to release.

You say he could erase it tomorrow but as you pointed Obama released his birth certificate it didn't end that silliness.This election is not about who pays what in taxes to quote Joe Biden from the 2008 election it is about one three letter word jobs if it translates into Presidential is irrelevant he has fulfilled all the legal requirements and then some if that is not good enough for some then work to change the law as to what candidates are required to release.

It's about a lot of things. Tax policies are central...are you actually saying they are not? Obama wants to raise taxes on those making 250K+ and, well, we're not sure where Governor Romney is this week.

As for erasing it; I'll point out again that nobody pays attention to Donald Trump unless he's throwing his money around. Sheriff Joe is seen as a clown. They are rightly lampooned for their idiotic views. The same would happen to anyone in the public arena who would keep on with the subject.

Like it or not it is an issue. One that will only continue to be brought up. Case in point, if you can take this board as a barometer of public opinion; how many birther threads get a sniff any more? Very few. But you're right, birthers are still out there...

http://www.usmessageboard.com/politics/237835-obama-widens-lead-in-electoral-college-polling-5.html#post5731030

Makes me chuckle that you all allow that to persist unopposed.

Well?

Yes. I think it's highly likely that Mitt Romney hasn't released (and won't release) his 2008 and 2009 tax returns because there is something that he feels is "politically" damaging. No one takes this kind of pressure if there is nothing there; what would be the point? (Hence the suspicions about Obama's college records.) Anyone who thinks he didn't pay taxes for 10 years isn't thinking straight; he's been running for president for a long time. Why waste your time when you know tax returns are part of the disclosure process? Why provide years of returns to the McCain campaign if you knew there was something illegal or immoral in them. No, I think there's a simpler answer. Romney is a rich guy and has millions in investments. 2008 was a horrible year for anyone with investments that weren't short positions. Most lost large amounts of money. Remember looking at your 401K in early 2009? So Mitt undoubtedly lost his share in 2008, and being that he is mainly an investor, and many did much better in 2009, he was able to use those capital losses from 2008 to wipe out his 2009 tax bill, as the law allows. Nothing nefarious, but imagine the outcry from the left. There would be no way for him to explain intelligently to the average American voter that those losses that he was able to use in 2009 to eliminate (or minimize) his tax bill were created with taxable gains in previous years; that the IRS is your partner, taking a share of the income in good years, and a share of the loss in bad years. That's fair and it's how the system works, but in this environment, it would be political suicide. No, I don't think you'll be seeing any more returns from Mitt unless they are "leaked" by the IRS; and with this administration, that is not out of the question. Could be a last ditch "October Surprise."

Well?

Yes. I think it's highly likely that Mitt Romney hasn't released (and won't release) his 2008 and 2009 tax returns because there is something that he feels is "politically" damaging. No one takes this kind of pressure if there is nothing there; what would be the point? (Hence the suspicions about Obama's college records.) Anyone who thinks he didn't pay taxes for 10 years isn't thinking straight; he's been running for president for a long time. Why waste your time when you know tax returns are part of the disclosure process? Why provide years of returns to the McCain campaign if you knew there was something illegal or immoral in them. No, I think there's a simpler answer. Romney is a rich guy and has millions in investments. 2008 was a horrible year for anyone with investments that weren't short positions. Most lost large amounts of money. Remember looking at your 401K in early 2009? So Mitt undoubtedly lost his share in 2008, and being that he is mainly an investor, and many did much better in 2009, he was able to use those capital losses from 2008 to wipe out his 2009 tax bill, as the law allows. Nothing nefarious, but imagine the outcry from the left. There would be no way for him to explain intelligently to the average American voter that those losses that he was able to use in 2009 to eliminate (or minimize) his tax bill were created with taxable gains in previous years; that the IRS is your partner, taking a share of the income in good years, and a share of the loss in bad years. That's fair and it's how the system works, but in this environment, it would be political suicide. No, I don't think you'll be seeing any more returns from Mitt unless they are "leaked" by the IRS; and with this administration, that is not out of the question. Could be a last ditch "October Surprise."

It could be but usually the forecasted hit is a lot more damaging than the actual hit. See Clinton/Lewinsky and his numerous shameful attempts to dodge the bullet vs. his reported 66% favorable rating now. The "coverup" is always worse than the crime. I'm sure JoePa would agree about right now.

Well?

It could be but usually the forecasted hit is a lot more damaging than the actual hit. See Clinton/Lewinsky and his numerous shameful attempts to dodge the bullet vs. his reported 66% favorable rating now. The "coverup" is always worse than the crime. I'm sure JoePa would agree about right now.

I wonder if GE would agree with you; they were accused of paying no taxes and took abuse for months (it hasn't really even died out yet), and for the most part it was for the same reason - losses from GE Capital in 2008.

Last edited:
Like I said....the "standard" isnt two years..........but only to the k00k left.

This is a POLITICS forum s0n. The opinion of the few is null.

All the k00k left who think this is going to be a pivitol issue come election day................see you in here on election night as I roll out my dozen or so new Photobucket Classics of win.

Guy, I've been watching politics for 30 years. Romney is not a "winner". He's Bob Dole. He's John Kerry. He's the guy you nominate because he seems safe enough not to make you look too dumb when an incumbant rolls over you.

Romney's biggest problem right now. The Media is getting sick of his shit. Even the right wing media.

No he's not. Bob Dole and John Kerry were American heroes.

Mitt? The coward protested for the war in Vietnam before he went to France to save the French from wine and cheese.

He also got into an auto accident with a Catholic Priest..killing one of his passengers.

Mitt Romney is no Bob Dole or John Kerry.

Amen, but, he is much better than Bush II, though that is a given. There are goldfish better than Bush II. Look, Romney paid lots of sales tax, he is an "avid" consumer. Did he dodge as much income tax as he could manage? No doubt, paying money to live in this great nation is anti new right.

Romney told ABC News he didn't know if he paid less than 15% on his taxes over the last 12 years.

What a liar.

I would be really surprised a guy who is that obsessed with money doesn't know EXACTLY what percentage he paid every year...

He has so much, a mere 15% of each year's earnings is a pittance to him.

Forum List

Back