Reid says Romney didn't pay taxes for 10 years

Romney can never release his tax records because if he does, he will be unelectable and probably end up in prison.
Unelectable, probably. Prison, not likely. He has enough money to pacify the IRS criminal division, which is the the name of the game. The rich can play games with their tax obligation because if they get caught they can avoid prosecution by paying up, plus fines.

As long as there is nothing brazenly criminal the IRS always looks for money in place of punishment.

251924_510035285688654_39735416_n.jpg

When YOU come up with a valid link to prove Dingy Harry Reid's assertion (And consequently his anonymous source)?

YOU are still in kindergarten and wet behind the ears Tick Duck.

He said he heard it from a Bain investor. What's to prove? Let Romney come right out and say it's a lie. He hasn't yet, has he?

Really gracie?

let's pretend it's true for a second....how do you guys on the right feel about it? What if it was Obama who went 10years without paying any income tax, or eric holder, what do you think you would be saying/screaming about on this board?

If I cared I would be pointing out the discrepancy between Obama's taxes and what the State of Illinois said he was paid. The simple fact is that I like the idea of people not paying taxes on income. If I had my druthers no one would pay an income tax.
you like the idea huh? so you would have praised obama for it huh? and eric holder too, huh?

Sorry Quantum.... don't believe you...not for one nano second! the FIT those on the right gave when they found out that a few people on obama's team owed back taxes... was screamed about from the rooftops here by those leaning right....where were you on the topic? Did you PRAISE them for it and tell the righties you support those tax evaders?

:eusa_hand:

ps

what kind of tax structure do you support then?

Last edited:
let's pretend it's true for a second....how do you guys on the right feel about it? What if it was Obama who went 10years without paying any income tax, or eric holder, what do you think you would be saying/screaming about on this board?

If I cared I would be pointing out the discrepancy between Obama's taxes and what the State of Illinois said he was paid. The simple fact is that I like the idea of people not paying taxes on income. If I had my druthers no one would pay an income tax.
you like the idea huh? so you would have praised obama for it huh? and eric holder too, huh?

Sorry Quantum.... don't believe you...not for one nano second! the FIT those on the right gave when they found out that a few people on obama's team owed back taxes... was screamed about from the rooftops here by those leaning right....where were you on the topic? Did you PRAISE them for it and tell the righties you support those tax evaders?

ps

I guess you don't know the difference between tax evasion and alleged tax avoidance. Figures.

Unelectable, probably. Prison, not likely. He has enough money to pacify the IRS criminal division, which is the the name of the game. The rich can play games with their tax obligation because if they get caught they can avoid prosecution by paying up, plus fines.

I'm curious. Do you not see, or realize, what you're saying? The left is calling for him to release his last 10 years of tax returns which are required by the IRS. So if the IRS has his tax returns and hasn't said anything, one would assume he hasn't done anything against the law there. If he was breaking the law and he paid the IRS off: more reason to vote the current regime out for employing a corrupt IRS that collects bribes from greedy millionaire assholes, no?

Last edited:

No evidence, no proof, n o name, just an anonymous supposed source. meanwhile We know for a fact he paid his taxes since he released returns in 2008 as well. But you play the " lets pretend " game.

How did you feel about the REAL tax cheats, the democrats that Obama nominated for high office that actually did not pay their taxes? Or was that different?

Can you state for a fact that Romney didn't take IRS amnesty for an offshore account?

Can you state for a fact that he did? Oh, wait that would be innocent until proven guilty, you aren't to keen on that.

The standard isn't "two years". Most contenders release a decade's worth. Obama did. So did Bush-43, Kerry, Gore, Clinton, Dole and even Mitt's dad.

McCain only released two years, but the media didn't push him on it that hard because they had a pretty good idea where his money was coming from. The guy had been in Congress for 30 years.

Obama released 2 years, not 10.
really? where did you get that info from? he released his tax returns back to the year 2000.

In 2008, when he was actually running for president, not demonizing every business owner in America, he released 2 years of returns. People that want Romney to release 10 think that the rest of the world is too stupid to remember what happened 4 years ago, but we are not that stupid. The simple fact is that Obama did not release 10 years of returns until after Romney had the nomination sewed up, so his demands that Romney do so are not worth squat to me.

Feel free to prove me wrong by point to any reference to Obama's 2000-2006 returns before March of this year.

ps

Feel free to point out all my complaints about them not paying taxes. Don't forget to throw in Geithner, and even Kerry and his yacht.

I'll wait.

I support taxes that are designed to encourage people not to do things that negatively impact the well being of the human race. I would support a carbon tax, and would support a properly designed cap and trade system that made each individuals the recipients of the collected revenue in order for them to offset the increase in their cost of living. I oppose taxes that are designed to promote social and cultural ethical positions.

Last edited:
Thats hog wash. If he hadn't paid taxes in all that time, IRS would have caught him. They are just trying to find anything they can to bash Romney with and anyone knows this, or they are in denial.

Why is no one concerned that I stated that I heard the OPs mouth was like a drive through vagina, and he has yet to disprove it?

A Bain capital investor somehow is aware of Romney's tax returns and contacted the senator who represents Nevada? I thought Harry Reid retired. He hasn't done anything in two years.

Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid has claimed that Mitt Romney did not pay taxes for 10 years.

Reid said that is the reason the presumptive Republican presidential nominee has only released two years of personal tax returns, according to the Huffington Post.

Reid said that a Bain Capital investor recently told him: ‘Harry, he didn't pay any taxes for 10 years.’

'Mitt Romney didn't pay any taxes for 10 years,' claims Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid | Mail Online

harry is as stupid as you are

Harry isn't the only one saying that ya know? I heard it a few weeks ago...and i heard Romney was given some sort of amnesty or forgiveness for it, along with many other multi millionaires who used this not so legal loophole, that congress had to tighten up....

so, to me if this is all true, that the unintended loophole was being used by multi-millionaires to avoid taxes....they did so, believing it was legal under the advice of their tax lawyers...and that's an important piece....it was not done with malice or with the intent to 'cheat'.....

Should Romney have not been allowed to vote, if its true and he paid no income taxes as many republicans on this board say about the 47% not paying income taxes?

You "heard" it......well that convinces me.

Reid is a moron and nobody listens to anything he says.

Obama released 2 years, not 10.
really? where did you get that info from? he released his tax returns back to the year 2000.

In 2008, when he was actually running for president, not demonizing every business owner in America, he released 2 years of returns. People that want Romney to release 10 think that the rest of the world is too stupid to remember what happened 4 years ago, but we are not that stupid. The simple fact is that Obama did not release 10 years of returns until after Romney had the nomination sewed up, so his demands that Romney do so are not worth squat to me.

Feel free to prove me wrong by point to any reference to Obama's 2000-2006 returns before March of this year.
sorry kiddo, in March of 2008 he released his tax returns for 2000-2006
PolitiFact | DNC says presidential candidates usually release tax returns but Romney won't
2008 Tax returns were an issue in the 2008 primary campaign. Sen. Barack Obama went first, releasing returns dating back to 2000 in March 2008. Sen. Hillary Clinton waited until April to release tax records dating back to 2000 for herself and former President Bill Clinton. Sen. Chris Dodd, D-Conn., also released tax returns during the primary, but Joe Biden didn’t release his returns until September, when Obama selected him as a running mate. John Edwards did not release tax returns, though he had released a decade of returns in September 2004, when he became John Kerry’s running mate.

so I am asking you again, WHERE did you get your info that Obama did not release his tax returns from 2000 onward? One of the right wing rags, blogs??? the main stream media?

Well, whoever it was that told you that lie that you believed, should be vetted carefully from here on out imo.

Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid has claimed that Mitt Romney did not pay taxes for 10 years.

Reid said that is the reason the presumptive Republican presidential nominee has only released two years of personal tax returns, according to the Huffington Post.

Reid said that a Bain Capital investor recently told him: ‘Harry, he didn't pay any taxes for 10 years.’

'Mitt Romney didn't pay any taxes for 10 years,' claims Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid | Mail Online

:clap2: The DESPERATION is weeping out of Harry Reid's and the left's skin--:badgrin::badgrin: and this after Obama made the infamous statement you didn't build that by yourself.

In his regular weekly address Saturday, President Barack Obama asserted that “we’re still paying” for the Bush tax cuts. It was a not-so-subtle jab aimed at blaming tax reductions enacted a decade ago for today’s bad economy. But desperate times require desperate measures, and the White House is desperate to divert the voters’ attention from Obama’s failed policies and his infamous “you didn’t build that” remarks disparaging Americans entrepreneurs, successful business owners and job creators.

]The White House has been in damage control mode ever since those remarks, and Friday’s report showing the economy grew at an anemic 1.5 percent in the last quarter only added to the urgency of Obama’s re-election campaign to find a way to change the subject. The main thrust of Obama’s defenders is that his comments were taken out of context. Here’s what he said:

“[L]ook, if you’ve been successful, you didn’t get there on your own. You didn’t get there on your own. I’m always struck by people who think, well, it must be because I was just so smart. There are a lot of smart people out there. It must be because I worked harder than everybody else. Let me tell you something — there are a whole bunch of hardworking people out there.

“If you were successful, somebody along the line gave you some help. There was a great teacher somewhere in your life. Somebody helped to create this unbelievable American system that we have that allowed you to thrive. Somebody invested in roads and bridges. If you’ve got a business — you didn’t build that. Somebody else made that happen.”
Obama insults small-business owners - Chicago Sun-Times

So now out comes Harry Reid--to claim that an Anonymous source told him that Romney didn't pay taxes for 10 years---:badgrin::badgrin:

072312_WrightBrosObamaBuild_UFSCOLOR.jpg

"When you don't have a record to run on--you have to paint your opponent as someone people should run from"--Barack Obama

Last edited:
It might very well be that Romney paid no taxes for ten years and all perfectly legal. There are tax loopholes upon loopholes for the wealthy, for business and corporations. But even if legal, Romney could not afford to let that bumble bee out of the hive, not after the Republicans have turned up the startling revelation that since the 16th Amendment is based on income over a certain amount, many Americans pay no income taxes.

All right let us pretend if you will that a Republican politician claimed that he had a source that said Obama had not payed taxes for ten years but said Republican politician would not name that source as we have here with Harry Reid. I would ask the same questions of the pretend Republican that I am asking about Reid's claim. Who is this source? Since tax returns are private how would this source know anything about what is in them? Does this source have any documentation to back up the claim of Romney paying no taxes for ten year's? Now before people on the left here want to go on and on about Romney did not pay taxes for ten year's don't you think it would be wise and responsible to get the answers to the very real and legitimate questions I have asked here.

Forum List

Back