Reid cancels floor votes to force Brown to debate Warren

Genealogist at the New England Historic Genealogical Society Chris Child set out to hunt down Warren’s ancestry last Thursday. In less than a week, he discovered documents citing an 1894 marriage record that lists Warren’s great-great-great grandmother, O. C. Sarah Smith as Cherokee, meaning that Warren is 1/32nd Native American.

Elizabeth Warren’s Cherokee Heritage Raises Questions - ABC News

She never said "how much". But it turns out she was right after all. Without that 1/32nd, she wouldn't be here.
Elizabeth Warren’s family has mixed memories about heritage - News - Boston.com

Months after the political flare-up, Warren and some of her family members remain unwilling to provide details on the subject. In a lengthy interview, Warren referred to stories about her roots that she says were frequently told at family gatherings in her native Oklahoma, but declined to share virtually any of them. “I knew it was part of our family,” Warren said. “It was part of what we talked about. . . . It was just part of who we were.”
Yeah, I'm sure they always talked about that 1/32nd, huh :rolleyes:

Warren’s family, including cousin Mapes, have no documentation of Native American affiliation, nor is there evidence that they are listed on any official tribal roll.

David Herring of Norman, Okla., one of Warren’s three brothers, said in an interview that even when he was a child his relatives were reluctant to talk about the family’s Native American heritage because “it was not popular in my family.”
Now, Elizabeth Warren just said they talked frequently about their native American heritage, but her brother says they didn't. Hmmmmm......

We grew up listening to our mother and grandmother and other relatives talk about our family’s Cherokee and Delaware heritage.
Now, suddenly they did talk about it a lot growing up. WTF????

The whole Warren family can't even get their story straight on this.

Massachusetts has Romney behind by 28 points? Strange considering that is the state that knows him best.

if al gore had carried tennessee in 2000, florida wouldn't have mattered, but i guess those that knew him best knew better, too

have a nice day, deanie

wow

poor rdean...gets it from the left, center and the right

i admire his courage in the face of such opposition though

:lol:

Al Gore lost Tennessee by 28 points? Or was it by 3 or 4 points?

Genealogist at the New England Historic Genealogical Society Chris Child set out to hunt down Warren’s ancestry last Thursday. In less than a week, he discovered documents citing an 1894 marriage record that lists Warren’s great-great-great grandmother, O. C. Sarah Smith as Cherokee, meaning that Warren is 1/32nd Native American.

She never said "how much". But it turns out she was right after all. Without that 1/32nd, she wouldn't be here.

Rdean are you stupid, we all knew that.....

You do realize they have some standards for that, right?
You also realize if that is the threshhold then 90% of Americans would be able to use it, hence making the whole policy useless....man you are dumb and will defend anything a democrat does......

if al gore had carried tennessee in 2000, florida wouldn't have mattered, but i guess those that knew him best knew better, too

have a nice day, deanie

wow

your point?

have a nice day, deanie

wow

I dont know the exact number, I got to pull the lever to help that happen......oh and there are still plenty of dixiecrats in TN.....but the HuffPo wont tell you that..... ;)

Elizabeth Warren’s family has mixed memories about heritage - News - Boston.com

Months after the political flare-up, Warren and some of her family members remain unwilling to provide details on the subject. In a lengthy interview, Warren referred to stories about her roots that she says were frequently told at family gatherings in her native Oklahoma, but declined to share virtually any of them. “I knew it was part of our family,” Warren said. “It was part of what we talked about. . . . It was just part of who we were.”
Yeah, I'm sure they always talked about that 1/32nd, huh :rolleyes:

David Herring of Norman, Okla., one of Warren’s three brothers, said in an interview that even when he was a child his relatives were reluctant to talk about the family’s Native American heritage because “it was not popular in my family.”
Now, Elizabeth Warren just said they talked frequently about their native American heritage, but her brother says they didn't. Hmmmmm......

We grew up listening to our mother and grandmother and other relatives talk about our family’s Cherokee and Delaware heritage.
Now, suddenly they did talk about it a lot growing up. WTF????

The whole Warren family can't even get their story straight on this.

Marriage certificates count.

LuptonTeePeeTradingPost-600.jpg

Liz Warren thinks this was her childhood home

Brown needed to make a 4:30 p.m. flight in order to arrive at the WBZ studios on time, meaning he’d have to leave the Senate chambers by about 3:45 p.m.

He participated in a procedural vote around 2 p.m.

It wasn’t until just after 3 p.m., Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid, who controls the Senate calendar and ultimately decides when to schedule votes, interrupted fellow Democrat Sen. Al Franken, and without naming Brown, launched into a tirade accusing Brown and the Republicans of stalling in order to get out of the debate.

“We have no more votes today. No more votes today. It’s obvious to me what’s going on,” Reid announced. “I’ve been to a few of these rodeos. It is obvious there is a big stall taking place. One of the senators who had a debate tonight doesn’t want to debate. Well, he can’t use the Senate as an excuse. There will be no more votes today.”

The Brown campaign told WBZ-TV that they are furious about what they call a deliberate effort by the democratic leadership to embarrass their man, a charge the Democrats deny

Reid Accuses Brown, GOP Of Stalling Vote In Order To Miss Debate « CBS Boston

once again, mr reid preempts the truth in a pathetic attempt to influence the elections.

he controls the schedule.

it wasn't a republican who was chewing up time flapping his gums.

i knew reid was a piece of shit, but he must think we're all as stupid as he is to pull this kind of horseshit.

Why would Republicans believe anything the New England Historic Genealogical Society says? They think the Grand Canyon was made by "Noah's Flood". They'll believe anything.

Massachusetts has Romney behind by 28 points? Strange considering that is the state that knows him best.

have a nice day, deanie

wow

it's not courage if you're stupid.

Rdean are you stupid, we all knew that.....

You do realize they have some standards for that, right?
You also realize if that is the threshhold then 90% of Americans would be able to use it, hence making the whole policy useless....man you are dumb and will defend anything a democrat does......

still waiting dean

you think 1/32 indian should be allowed for affirmative action?

Reid is definately a piece of shit and the opposite of honest..the guy has no integrity at all.....he even makes lawyers and other politicians wince

The New England Historical Genealogical Society, which originally announced they found evidence of Elizabeth Warren’s Native American heritage, said today they have discovered no documentation to back up claims that she is 1/32 Cherokee.

“NEHGS has not expressed a position on whether Mrs. Warren has Native American ancestry, nor do we possess any primary sources to prove that she is,” said Tom Champoux, spokesman for the NEHGS. “We have no proof that Elizabeth Warren’s great great great grandmother O.C. Sarah Smith either is or is not of Cherokee descent.”

The Herald reported today that an Oklahoma county clerk said a document purporting to prove Warren’s Cherokee roots does not exist. ReJeania Zmek, the Logan County Clerk, said there are no marriage applications from 1894 — despite claims from a Warren family newsletter and NEHGS genealogist Chris Child that indicated otherwise.

Genealogical society: No proof of Warren’s Cherokee heritage found - BostonHerald.com

you're an embarrassment to dishonest hacks, deanie.

Brown needed to make a 4:30 p.m. flight in order to arrive at the WBZ studios on time, meaning he’d have to leave the Senate chambers by about 3:45 p.m.

He participated in a procedural vote around 2 p.m.

It wasn’t until just after 3 p.m., Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid, who controls the Senate calendar and ultimately decides when to schedule votes, interrupted fellow Democrat Sen. Al Franken, and without naming Brown, launched into a tirade accusing Brown and the Republicans of stalling in order to get out of the debate.

“We have no more votes today. No more votes today. It’s obvious to me what’s going on,” Reid announced. “I’ve been to a few of these rodeos. It is obvious there is a big stall taking place. One of the senators who had a debate tonight doesn’t want to debate. Well, he can’t use the Senate as an excuse. There will be no more votes today.”

The Brown campaign told WBZ-TV that they are furious about what they call a deliberate effort by the democratic leadership to embarrass their man, a charge the Democrats deny

Reid Accuses Brown, GOP Of Stalling Vote In Order To Miss Debate « CBS Boston

once again, mr reid preempts the truth in a pathetic attempt to influence the elections.

he controls the schedule.

it wasn't a republican who was chewing up time flapping his gums.

i knew reid was a piece of shit, but he must think we're all as stupid as he is to pull this kind of horseshit.

Maybe in the next 4 years this Senate can work on a Budget.

Why would Republicans believe anything the New England Historic Genealogical Society says? They think the Grand Canyon was made by "Noah's Flood". They'll believe anything.

i believe this

The New England Historical Genealogical Society, which originally announced they found evidence of Elizabeth Warren’s Native American heritage, said today they have discovered no documentation to back up claims that she is 1/32 Cherokee.

“NEHGS has not expressed a position on whether Mrs. Warren has Native American ancestry, nor do we possess any primary sources to prove that she is,” said Tom Champoux, spokesman for the NEHGS. “We have no proof that Elizabeth Warren’s great great great grandmother O.C. Sarah Smith either is or is not of Cherokee descent.”

The Herald reported today that an Oklahoma county clerk said a document purporting to prove Warren’s Cherokee roots does not exist. ReJeania Zmek, the Logan County Clerk, said there are no marriage applications from 1894 — despite claims from a Warren family newsletter and NEHGS genealogist Chris Child that indicated otherwise.

All of which leaves Warren, who said she relied on family lore when reporting her Native American ties, once again without any proof of her heritage.
Genealogical society: No proof of Warren’s Cherokee heritage found - BostonHerald.com

you should go back to lying about harry reid and babbling about conservative scientists, you sad excuse for a pilonidal cyst.

Rdean what gave it away? Was it her "high cheekbones"?

i believe this

All of which leaves Warren, who said she relied on family lore when reporting her Native American ties, once again without any proof of her heritage.

you should go back to lying about harry reid and babbling about conservative scientists, you sad excuse for a pilonidal cyst.

These are two groups arguing something from 1894. I really couldn't care less. And there are "no marriage applications from 1894"? No one married in 1894? How do we know the application didn't happen in 1893 and the marriage was in 1894? You don't know. You can't prove otherwise.

FIscK.jpg

tumblr_mansozbNBC1r689epo1_1280.jpg

xlarge.jpg

Talk about "race". Why does Mitt Romney dye his face brown when he talks in front of Latins?

Minstrel_PosterBillyVanWare_edit-480x355.jpg

Sorry, I thought this one was Mitt Romney, but I was mistaken. He didn't dye himself that dark.

See?

6689n-for-Univision-Special-to-Appear-More-Latino.jpeg.jpg

Forum List

Back