Regardless of your political position...

Discussion in 'Middle East - General' started by TheOne, Jul 16, 2004.

1. TheOne

TheOne Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    If this is true, it's very sick:

article

2. DKSuddeth

DKSuddeth Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +62
    interesting. as i've said before, there are more involved and if the investigation is allowed to go on, there will be more in the higher ups uncovered.

As for complicity in this particular instance, I'd be hard pressed to believe that the administration knew about any of this. The inevitability of the criminal fallout would be too great to risk in politics for it.

3. freeandfun1

freeandfun1 VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +296
    So because he says it, it is true?

I do not doubt that some of our soldiers did some awful things. I spent 8 years in the Army and I know that sometimes soldiers can get out of control. But that does not mean the President and Vice-President aer covering up what he called "war crimes". What about all the trials of the soldiers taking place? Kinda hard to cover up something that is being openly tried.

4. dilloduck

dilloduck Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,403
    It wouldn't surprise me. I guess the ACLU needed to get pumped up or something.

5. TheOne

TheOne Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    I am not even concerned so much with who is responsible at upper levels. Even if George Bush himself went to Abu Ghraib and ordered these guys personally to do this, I STILL would throw these soldiers in jail for the rest of their lives. There is no excuse for this activity. None.

I find it inconceiveable that there were any orders to commit these type of acts. Maybe the forced nudity and other hulmiliation, but not pedophilic sodomy. No way.

6. DKSuddeth

DKSuddeth Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +62
    Here's where there should be an enormous outcry from all citizens.

more abuses uncovered, Pentagon dragging its feet til after election

Warner, a Virginia Republican, said there were possible violations of the Geneva Convention and Defense Department rules and regulations on prisoners.

However, a Republican congressional source speaking on condition of anonymity said the Pentagon was "dragging its feet and intends to postpone any hearing until after" the November 2 presidential election.

"There's a lot of frustration over here," said the source.

7. freeandfun1

freeandfun1 VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +296
    glad you can admit that. perhaps you have earned some respect.

one thing we are taught in the military from early on.

unlawful orders are NOT enforceable. If you are given an unlawful order and you carry it out, you are just as guilty if not more guilty than the person giving you the unlawful order.

8. TheOne

TheOne Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    I didn't know I had lost any. That's great though freeandfun1, I hope we can be freinds here. I certainly respect your opinions.