Zone1 Refusing to forgive--after God has forgiven you

The servant in that parable demanded actual, tangible PAY BACK

If you hold a grudge against someone but decline to try to force that person to repay you, maybe God will not hold that against you. But I say

Why take a chance?

In any case, this person in the parable demanded payback in this life... whereas God told us.. commanded us not to hold a grudge (Leviticus 19). Somewhere in the Word it says that God said

"Vengeance is mine; I will repay"
The forgiveness part and Vengeance is Mine part ...are tied together in this manner, imo.

Forgiveness means different things to different people. But in general, it involves an intentional decision to let go of resentment and anger. The act that hurt or offended you might always be with you. But working on forgiveness can lessen that act's grip on you.

If you don't let go of the resentment and anger through forgiving, it can lead to vigilantism... Revenge, Vengeance on your own part. Exactly what God says is His.... He says vengeance is His, because He knows without forgiveness, it will make us rot, rot deep inside which can lead to more hatred or anger... more sin.

Last edited:
The forgiveness part and Vengeance is Mine part ...are tied together in this manner, imo.

Forgiveness means different things to different people. But in general, it involves an intentional decision to let go of resentment and anger. The act that hurt or offended you might always be with you. But working on forgiveness can lessen that act's grip on you.

If you don't let go of the resentment and anger through forgiving, it can lead to vigilantism... Revenge, Vengeance on your own part. Exactly what God says is His.... He says vengeance is His, because He knows it will make us rot, rot deep inside which can lead to more hatred, more sin.

well said. What if everyone in the world avenged EVERY little evil someone did against him or her?

It's already an ugly world in a lot of ways, but if there were no Christians... OMG!

What you intend for evil God is using for good.

You are not Israel. I am Israel.

-----
Praise the Lord! Praise, O servants of the Lord, praise the name of the Lord! Blessed be the name of the Lord from this time forth and forevermore! From the rising of the sun to its setting, the name of the Lord is to be praised! The Lord is high above all nations, and his glory above the heavens! Who is like the Lord our God, who is seated on high, who looks far down on the heavens and the earth? He raises the poor from the dust and lifts the needy from the ash heap, to make them sit with princes, with the princes of his people. He gives the barren woman a home, making her the joyous mother of children. Praise the Lord!
-----

-----

You are not Israel. I am Israel.

-----
Praise the Lord! Praise, O servants of the Lord, praise the name of the Lord! Blessed be the name of the Lord from this time forth and forevermore! From the rising of the sun to its setting, the name of the Lord is to be praised! The Lord is high above all nations, and his glory above the heavens! Who is like the Lord our God, who is seated on high, who looks far down on the heavens and the earth? He raises the poor from the dust and lifts the needy from the ash heap, to make them sit with princes, with the princes of his people. He gives the barren woman a home, making her the joyous mother of children. Praise the Lord!
-----

-----

I never claimed to be Israel. I only claimed to be one of God's creatures. There's nothing special about me.

Forgiveness is not necessary.

The events of the past are gone and have no power over you. The person you were yesterday no longer exists.

This does not mean that you also treat a person who is by nature a harmful person as they wish to be treated. You can wish no ill on them but you can also not waste your time an energy on them anymore.

It is better to forget than to forgive. If a person betrays, forget them and move on.

I never claimed to be Israel. ...

Aha. ... My plan is, by the way, to become 115 years old. ...

-----
When Joseph’s brothers saw that their father was dead, they said, “It may be that Joseph will hate us and pay us back for all the evil that we did to him.” So they sent a message to Joseph, saying, “Your father gave this command before he died: ‘Say to Joseph, “Please forgive the transgression of your brothers and their sin, because they did evil to you.”’ And now, please forgive the transgression of the servants of the God of your father.” Joseph wept when they spoke to him. His brothers also came and fell down before him and said, “Behold, we are your servants.” But Joseph said to them, “Do not fear, for am I in the place of God? As for you, you meant evil against me, but God meant it for good, to bring it about that many people should be kept alive, as they are today. So do not fear; I will provide for you and your little ones.” Thus he comforted them and spoke kindly to them.
So Joseph remained in Egypt, he and his father’s house. Joseph lived 110 years. And Joseph saw Ephraim’s children of the third generation. The children also of Machir the son of Manasseh were counted as Joseph’s own. And Joseph said to his brothers, “I am about to die, but God will visit you and bring you up out of this land to the land that he swore to Abraham, to Isaac, and to Jacob.” Then Joseph made the sons of Israel swear, saying, “God will surely visit you, and you shall carry up my bones from here.” So Joseph died, being 110 years old. They embalmed him, and he was put in a coffin in Egypt.
-----

-----

Last edited:
That's nice. I'm good with whatever God has planned for me.
you just contradicted yourself again.

You say your god doesn't "pull any levers" but he has "plans for you"

If your god really didn't meddle then it would have no plans for you.

you just contradicted yourself again.

You say your god doesn't "pull any levers" but he has "plans for you"

If your god really didn't meddle then it would have no plans for you.
God's not pulling any levers. His "plan" is self compensating. Consider it a figure of speech. Sort of like using the term "evil" when evil isn't extant. It's way beyond your ability to comprehend because your bias is blinding you to it. You are the antithesis of enlightenment.

God's not pulling any levers. His "plan" is self compensating. Consider it a figure of speech. Sort of like using the term "evil" when evil isn't extant. It's way beyond your ability to comprehend because your bias is blinding you to it. You are the antithesis of enlightenment.

So your god thinks its plan for you into being. A self propagating plan like a piece of computer code

Same thing as pulling a lever.

If your god truly left everyone alone then it would not have plans for anyone.

And I have no bias. There is no plan. Even if your god created the universe there is no plan, no purpose, no desired end result.

Last edited:
So your god thinks its plan for you into being. A self propagating plan like a piece of computer code

Same thing as pulling a lever.

If your god truly left everyone alone then it would not have plans for anyone.

And I have no bias. There is no plan. Even if your god created the universe there is no plan, no purpose, no desired end result.
Leave it to you to think suffering consequences of actions is pulling a lever. You're a moron.

Leave it to you to think suffering consequences of actions is pulling a lever. You're a moron.

Hey you're the one who said your god's plan for you, your individualized plan that you god has just for you and no one else, was self propagating.

Therefore all your levers were pulled before you were born

Hey you're the one who said your god's plan for you, your individualized plan that you god has just for you and no one else, was self propagating.

Therefore all your levers were pulled before you were born
And you are the one reading more into it than there is. As such your logic is flawed. There is no set plan. Not for history in total or for the individual.

And you are the one reading more into it than there is. As such your logic is flawed. There is no set plan. Not for history in total or for the individual.

You just said your god has a plan for you and you are happy to flow it blindly like a good little sheep. No you say there is no plan

Make up your mind.

You just said your god has a plan for you and you are happy to flow it blindly like a good little sheep. No you say there is no plan

Make up your mind.
What part of you read too much into it did you not understand?

Forum List

Back