Redistribution of wealth is not charity.

Good god it's like explaining things to a 5 year old. The reason the rich getting richer and the poor getting poorer is NOT wealth redistribution is because money the rich aren't getting richer through money being TAKEN from the poor.

Wealth being taken from the rich and given to the poor is wealth redistribution because money is being reallocated involunatrily from one group to another.

Do you get it yet?
Of course he does. HE works for Gubmint...therefore HE is threatened.

Threatened? Not as long as they have us by the balls. ;) We are the buffer between Government Workers and Poverty, as long as they can tax us to pay for their Salary, Benefits, and Retirement. Hey RW! When was the last time you contributed a penny towards my personal interests? I thought so. Never mind.

Why should I pay for your personal interests?

Of course he does. HE works for Gubmint...therefore HE is threatened.

Threatened? Not as long as they have us by the balls. ;) We are the buffer between Government Workers and Poverty, as long as they can tax us to pay for their Salary, Benefits, and Retirement. Hey RW! When was the last time you contributed a penny towards my personal interests? I thought so. Never mind.

Why should I pay for yours? How about trying a 401K?

It's capitalism and too risky...He'd rather FORCE other to pay for his retirement via the point of a gun.

He's obviously UNION.

I provided a valuable service for which I was well paid. What service have you ever provided me?

I provided a valuable service for which I was well paid. What service have you ever provided me?

I ask myself that same question about the inflated Government Ranks everyday? I think if it was anyone other than Government pulling this scam, it would have ended long ago with incarceration. I guess the lesson here is that Government doesn't like competition. ;) I perform valuable services everyday too, the difference is I get paid value for value, and no more. I'm not bankrupting any Nation with my Pension Demands or Unsustainable Life Style. I live within my means.

Piad your fucking salary, loser.

I, like any other worker, provided labor and expertise that was of value to the taxpayer. For this I was provided a salary and benefits

What have you done with your life?

Served in the Military and now in Public Safety PRIVATE technical service on my own terms asswipe.

I ask myself that same question about the inflated Government Ranks everyday? I think if it was anyone other than Government pulling this scam, it would have ended long ago with incarceration. I guess the lesson here is that Government doesn't like competition. ;) I perform valuable services everyday too, the difference is I get paid value for value, and no more. I'm not bankrupting any Nation with my Pension Demands or Unsustainable Life Style. I live within my means.

Like any other worker, I was paid value for value. The Government worker is entrusted with the expenditure of billions in taxpayer dollars. It is a public trust on which highly qualified individuals are needed to ensure the taxpayer gets the most for his tax dollar

Like any other worker, I was paid value for value. The Government worker is entrusted with the expenditure of billions in taxpayer dollars. It is a public trust on which highly qualified individuals are needed to ensure the taxpayer gets the most for his tax dollar

And to date/ MOST Government overspends and demands more as they fail...try again.

And to date/ MOST Government overspends and demands more as they fail...try again.

I worked for the Dept of Defense. We helped to create the most powerful and effective fighting force in the history of mankind. Something all Americans can be proud of

I worked for the Dept of Defense. We helped to create the most powerful and effective fighting force in the history of mankind. Something all Americans can be proud of

So what is your position again on both Clinton and Obama stripping the shit out of it?

How much of the Bush Expenditures went to rebuilding what should have been there in the first place?

What is your position on substituting Humvee's for Bradley's?

Using Black Hawk's without Heavy Air Support?

Just curious.

I just love it when you talk about people getting their fair share, and neocons call it wealth distribution. However, when the wealthy gather in all their gold coins and bars, it's called getting what they deserve......To me it is just wealth distribution, but the rich get it...

You love it because like dumbass rightwinger, you like ascribe arbitrary definitions to words. Words like 'fair' and 'redistribution'. These words do have actual definitions you know. To redistribute something it must be taken from some and given to others.

Let me see......so money is taken from one group and REDISTRIBUTED to another

Now, which group in our society is gaining wealth and which is losing wealth?

Good god it's like explaining things to a 5 year old. The reason the rich getting richer and the poor getting poorer is NOT wealth redistribution is because money the rich aren't getting richer through money being TAKEN from the poor.

Wealth being taken from the rich and given to the poor is wealth redistribution because money is being reallocated involunatrily from one group to another.

Do you get it yet?

Now you are being childish

Since the Reagan revolution worker protections have eroded for the benefit of the wealthy. The amount that the wealthy are expected to contribute to the society has been repeatedly reduced. More income and wealth is protected

All this was done under the guise of trickle down economics. Provide more money at the top and watch it trickle down to the workers in the form of more jobs and a rising economic tide

Guess what happened? The wealthy just kept the extra money

Shocking isn't it?

Yes trickle down is a sham. Who in their right mind would believe that extra money is going to magically appear in their hands through no effort of their own? Oh I forgot. YOU think that. You think people are just supposed to have money and if they don't it's someone elses responsibility to get it for them.

Whether trickle down works or not, you are still dodging the fact that it was NOT wealth redistribution. No money was taken from the poor and given to the rich. We're still waiting for you to tell us a specific occurrence of that.

Do you get it yet?

Now you are being childish

Since the Reagan revolution worker protections have eroded for the benefit of the wealthy. The amount that the wealthy are expected to contribute to the society has been repeatedly reduced. More income and wealth is protected

All this was done under the guise of trickle down economics. Provide more money at the top and watch it trickle down to the workers in the form of more jobs and a rising economic tide

Guess what happened? The wealthy just kept the extra money

Shocking isn't it?

Yes trickle down is a sham. Who in their right mind would believe that extra money is going to magically appear in their hands through no effort of their own? Oh I forgot. YOU think that. You think people are just supposed to have money and if they don't it's someone elses responsibility to get it for them.

Whether trickle down works or not, you are still dodging the fact that it was NOT wealth redistribution. No money was taken from the poor and given to the rich. We're still waiting for you to tell us a specific occurrence of that.

Yes it was taken from the working class and given to the rich. The mechanism was low wages and reducing benefits. Meanwhile, the wealthy were given reduced tax rates, more ways to shield their earnings from taxation as well as government protection of their investments

Why does our society value investment earnings over Labor earnings?

The Golden Rule.....He who has the gold makes the rules

Decreased taxes on the wealthy causes cuts to programs that benefit the working class. Education, healthcare, mortgage support

So by taking less money from the rich is taking money from the working class? So you are saying that the money the rich have actually belongs to the society and by letting the rich keep said money it is actually taking money from the middle class? So you are saying what you want is to change America from capitalist to communist?

Holding down the minimum wage helps reduce wages for all entry level jobs

Increasing minimum wage actually causes inflation and really does not make much of a difference in the long run. It is fake do you honestly believe that raising minimum wage stops a business from making it's profits? They are just forced to raise prices to pay the higher minimum wages. The only thing raising minimum wage will really do is cause companies competing nationally to flee the country so it can keep its cost low to compete with other national companies. Oh wait that is already happening.

Reducing worker protections impedes the ability to unionize and demand higher wages

Worker protections are not truly achieved by unions they are achieved through outrage. When something is done that offends many they rise up and the company changes its policies. Unions just found a way to profit from these outrages and pretend to be the savior needed and makes money of the middle class. You do realize there were strikes and demands for better working conditions before there were unions don't you? Last Unions very existence means it must always ask for something to prove it is needed even when it is too much and will eventually cause financial problems for companies and government. See the world around you now.

Welfare, housing subsidies and food stamps help employers pay lower wages and make more profit at taxpayers expense

Afraid I will need more explanation. Don't see how you are drawing this conclusion.

Add in business subsidies, capital gains exemptions, deferred taxes all which help the wealthy accumulate and preserve more wealth

Help some wealthy but not others. It is called crony capitalism and this is committed by both sides but more so by liberals. The tea party movement and most conservatives running this cycle minus Romney are suggesting a flat tax. I prefer a fair tax but a flat tax is better than what we have now.

The hell with wealth redistribution!

What we need is fair wealth distribution.

People should be paid on scale with the productive value of their work.

That would mean that the lion's share of the wealth would go to the working class, not the owners.

We can live without lawyers (quite happily), but we can't survive without ditch diggers.

If the work you provide is more valuable than what you are being paid, quit and go find someone to pay you more. Or go into business for yourself and make the money you say you are worth. You have the freedom to do both.

I just love it when you talk about people getting their fair share, and neocons call it wealth distribution. However, when the wealthy gather in all their gold coins and bars, it's called getting what they deserve......To me it is just wealth distribution, but the rich get it...

Then stop helping them and stop buying their products. Start making all your own things and stop supporting the rich. Go buy yourself a nice piece of land in the middle of nowhere and start living off the land. Stop using the internet and support the rich people that bring you power, computer, and internet you are currently using. Probably using a desk and chair as well. Just stop and you will no longer support those evil richies.

. Quote: Originally Posted by rightwinger
Welfare, housing subsidies and food stamps help employers pay lower wages and make more profit at taxpayers expense

Afraid I will need more explanation. Don't see how you are drawing this conclusion.

If you own a business in a high cost of living area and pay your workers a wage where they cannot afford the rent, food, utilities you are in fact, asking the taxpayer to make up the difference through food stamps, rent subsidies and other public assistance

The taxpayers subsidize the workers and the wealthy profit from substandard wages

Nice story. I'll bet you think that puts a cap on the discussion, don't you?

That ice cream shop is open and has 14 employees. I don't see how it was prevented from opening. You sure picked a strange example.

I like how you are pretending that we have been discussing local permit and use laws. You are just too smart for me.

Ah, I see. You're stupid as well as obtuse. Duly noted. Go off in the corner and wallow in your ignorance and let us grown ups have a conversation.

Forum List

Back