Record return of Arctic ice cap as it grows by 60% in a year

More bad news for the "climate scientist" frauds:

Global cooling: Arctic ice caps grows by 60% against global warming predictions | Mail Online

A chilly Arctic summer has left nearly a million more square miles of ocean covered with ice than at the same time last year – an increase of 60 per cent.

The rebound from 2012’s record low comes six years after the BBC reported that global warming would leave the Arctic ice-free in summer by 2013.

Instead, days before the annual autumn re-freeze is due to begin, an unbroken ice sheet more than half the size of Europe already stretches from the Canadian islands to Russia’s northern shores.

The Northwest Passage from the Atlantic to the Pacific has remained blocked by pack-ice all year. More than 20 yachts that had planned to sail it have been left ice-bound and a cruise ship attempting the route was forced to turn back.

Some eminent scientists now believe the world is heading for a period of cooling that will not end until the middle of this century – a process that would expose computer forecasts of imminent catastrophic warming as dangerously misleading.​

article-2415191-1BAEE1D0000005DC-503_640x366.jpg

Yeah, happy days are here again. Here's a real scientific site which I'm sure conservatards will avoid like the plague. The 'return' of the ice cap looks like one uptick of many in a general downward trend.

Arctic Sea Ice News and Analysis | Sea ice data updated daily with one-day lag

Last edited:

Global cooling: Arctic ice caps grows by 60% against global warming predictions | Mail Online

A chilly Arctic summer has left nearly a million more square miles of ocean covered with ice than at the same time last year – an increase of 60 per cent.

The rebound from 2012’s record low comes six years after the BBC reported that global warming would leave the Arctic ice-free in summer by 2013.

Instead, days before the annual autumn re-freeze is due to begin, an unbroken ice sheet more than half the size of Europe already stretches from the Canadian islands to Russia’s northern shores.

The Northwest Passage from the Atlantic to the Pacific has remained blocked by pack-ice all year. More than 20 yachts that had planned to sail it have been left ice-bound and a cruise ship attempting the route was forced to turn back.

Some eminent scientists now believe the world is heading for a period of cooling that will not end until the middle of this century – a process that would expose computer forecasts of imminent catastrophic warming as dangerously misleading.​

Yeah, happy days are here again. Here's a real scientific site which I'm sure conservatards will avoid like the plague. The 'return' of the ice cap looks like one uptick of many in a general downward trend.

Well s0n......there are some who continue to buy the ruse........but most folks have caught onto the BS being shoveled by the climate change community who are obsessed with sticking to the established narrative even when prediction after prediction after prediction blows up in their face!!!!:fu:

But don't take my word for it.......

Global surveys show environmental concerns rank low among public concerns

1472-1.gif
[/URL][/IMG]

nObOdY cArEs

Last edited:
The climate crusaders will ALWAYS come up with a new established narrative no matter what happens with the climate. Anybody with even the IQ of a small soap dish should be able to see this dyamic.......these people morph on almost a daily basis in order to perpetuate the myth.

No that I really care......provides me with my hobby in here ( making fun of the k00ks)......but as long as my side keeps winning.

Last edited:
Even with this years increase in area and volume over last year, we are still below the linear line for the decrease in polar ice.

http://psc.apl.washington.edu/wordp...olumeAnomalyCurrentV2.png?<?php echo time() ?

What's the significance of 1979-2011? Why not choose a broader range? Why not choose a moving 50 year average?

I imagine because the data to plot it wasn't available until 1979.

EDIT:

Yup, here it is:

"Reliable measurements of sea ice edge begin within the satellite era. From the late 1970s, the Scanning Multichannel Microwave Radiometer (SMMR) on Seasat (1978) and Nimbus 7 (1978&#8211;87) satellites provided information that was independent of solar illumination or meteorological conditions. The frequency and accuracy of passive microwave measurements improved with the launch of the DMSP F8 Special Sensor Microwave/Imager SSMI in 1987. Both the sea ice area and extent are estimated, with the latter being larger, as it is defined as the area of ocean with at least 15% sea ice."

Last edited:

Well s0n......there are some who continue to buy the ruse........but most folks have caught onto the BS being shoveled by the climate change community who are obsessed with sticking to the established narrative even when prediction after prediction after prediction blows up in their face!!!!:fu:

1472-1.gif
[/URL][/IMG]

nObOdY cArEs

Well, when the world is going to hell, it's hard to know how to prioritize.

1472-1.gif
[/URL][/IMG]

nObOdY cArEs

Well, when the world is going to hell, it's hard to know how to prioritize.

Really s0n??!!

Perhaps......but one thing is for damn sure. Global warming has been at the bottom of the Pew Poll for years now!! Which means one thing.....in the bigger picture of things, only the climate nutters worry about this shit!!!:eusa_dance::funnyface::eusa_dance::funnyface::eusa_dance::funnyface::eusa_dance::funnyface:

Figure31.png

I'm wondering what the total mass values look like. Typically, when you get a refreeze* like this, it's as thin as a piece of wet tissue paper. Really impressive, though, that it almost got back up to the 2009 extents. And it nearly matches the record 94-95 freeze up. Hoo wee... The world is saved.

* Big thaws get big freezes. Big freezes get big thaws.

Last edited:
nObOdY cArEs

Quite obviously, with the exception of YOU, the people in this forum care. Thus your mantra is factually incorrect. The one related fact, though, indisputable from all available evidence, is that the thing no one cares about is... you.

Your value here is null. Absolutely null. Change yourself man.

Last edited:
Even with this years increase in area and volume over last year, we are still below the linear line for the decrease in polar ice.

http://psc.apl.washington.edu/wordp...olumeAnomalyCurrentV2.png?<?php echo time() ?

What's the significance of 1979-2011? Why not choose a broader range? Why not choose a moving 50 year average?

Because 1979 is the beginning of satellite-based Arctic ice extents data.

In a world that is 4.5 billion years old, what's the significance of 24 years?

I agree that it's something that should be studied but it's a very small slice of time, too small to make any statements regarding a trend.

nObOdY cArEs

Quite obviously, with the exception of YOU, the people in this forum care. Thus your mantra is factually incorrect. The one related fact, though, indisputable from all available evidence, is that the thing no one cares about is... you.

Why the need to attack people on a personal level?

Is are argument that deficient?

nObOdY cArEs

Why the need to attack people on a personal level?

Is are argument that deficient?

Hey bro....I love the personal insult attack stuff from the k00ks. It means their side is not winning. The misery level is on display here each and every day!!

Almost two years ago now, I challenged any of the climate crusaders to provide on single link displaying how the "consensus" science is mattering in the real world. What have we gotten so far? DICK. This climate debate has become nothing more than an internet hobby in 2013.......nobody in the real world takes this shit seriously anymore because the bomb throwers went and made thousands of predictions and the lions share of them never happened. Most people have concluded that the scientists don't really know what the fuck is going on one way or another so why worry about it. And they don't. Only the OCD climate nuts wake up every morning frantically searching for some weather anomaly to get angst over. It is indeed some fascinating stuff to see going on in here from these people.......:2up::eusa_dance::2up:

Here is an example of the nonsense drummed up by the climate crusaders who cant even get out of their own way........

Arab Summer: Warming-Fueled Drought Helped Spark Syria’s Civil War

By Joe Romm on September 8, 2013 at 11:54 am

With our country facing tough choices about Syria, Moyers & Company’s John Light had a great piece on Friday: “Drought Helped Spark Syria’s Civil War — Is it One of Many Climate Wars to Come?” He interviewed one of our favorites, Francesco Femia, co-founder of the Center for Climate and Security, which has an advisory board of retired military commanders and foreign-policy experts.

Back in March 2012, Climate Progress ran a piece co-authored by Femia, in which he explained, “Syria’s current social unrest is, in the most direct sense, a reaction to a brutal and out-of-touch regime and a response to the political wave of change that began in Tunisia early last year. However, that’s not the whole story.”

Arab Summer: Warming-Fueled Drought Helped Spark Syria?s Civil War | ThinkProgress

This kind of stuff is awesome!!! Even the people who are totally not engaged with their heads all day in their iPhones see this crap and laugh their balls off like, "Do they think I was born yesterday?". And you see nutty-ass shit like this every day from the bomb throwing k00ks!!! Meanwhile, the results are that in the real world, they kick themselves in the balls as it is only sabotaging their own visions. I almost wonder if these people are secretly from the denier camp?:2up:

Because 1979 is the beginning of satellite-based Arctic ice extents data.

In a world that is 4.5 billion years old, what's the significance of 24 years?

I agree that it's something that should be studied but it's a very small slice of time, too small to make any statements regarding a trend.

Yes, the world is 4.53 billion years old. But Homo Saps as a species is only 200,000 years old. And civilization only about 10,000 years old.

However, thanks to the Antarctic Ice and Greenland Ice, and ice cores from glaciers world wide, we have a pretty accurate idea of the climatic variations back to a least 800,000 years ago. Add the sea sediment and lake sediment cores, and that extends to several million years.

I really wish some of you 'Conservatives' would actually do some real research before flapping yap, showing yourselves to be the fools that you are. Just go to 'google scholar' and you can get real information from real scientists. Not obese junkies and undegreed ex-TV weathermen.

Has it occurred to you all that the main reason the PERCENTAGE refreeze was so high was that the total ice extents - particularly for the record 2012 summer - was so low? If we had seen this much ice freeze back in the day when the summer minimum was 7-9 million km^2, it would have been nothing to write home about.

1->2 is a 100% increase

10->11 is a 10% increase

LOL. Now you are expecting our 'Conservatives' to do basic math and logic. One of those words has two syllables, so you have totally lost them.

Forum List

Back