Record 93,626,000 Americans not in labor force

Practically all the gains have been at the top, regulations are not the drag on the economy that conservatives make them out to be. The lack of disposable income, the shortage of consumer credit and the disappearance of job security is a much more relevant problem. If the business was there businesses would simply pass on the costs of business to their customers as they always do.
Regulations have put industries out of business and as a small business person I can tell you that regulations, taxes, fees are a killer. A jobs killer. Now add obabamcare to it, now add them reducing the definition of full time down to 30 hrs per week to force businesses to provide insurance. That makes it tough. Hating conservatives is a very poor response to a very serious problem.
I do not hate conservatives, I just wish they would wise up and quit thinking that what is good for big business and billionaires is good for them. If business addressed the problem of flat wages, declining benefits, rising health care costs, etc. then there would be no reason for the government to get into it now would there? The working class is hurting worse than any segment of the economy and yet they do not matter at all to conservatives, all they get from republicans is work harder, work cheaper and shut the fuck up.
Sure you hate conservatives, it isn't even slightly opague. You constantly lie about them as you do in this post. In fact every post I've seen from you.

Conservatives say work hard, make more money, let's get the government off our backs and we can all prosper. You need to research who's pockets big business money goes into.
RealClearMarkets - The Democratic Party Is Now The Party Of Big Business

The Democratic Party Is Now The Party Of Big Business
By Jeffrey Dorfman
The traditional view of American political parties and their special interest groups is that the Republican Party represents big business and social conservatives while the Democratic Party represents labor unions and the poor. However, evidence suggests that this situation has changed. Labor unions and the poor are still linked with the Democratic Party. Small business is strongly with the Republicans at the moment, thanks to Obamacare, and social conservatives still lean Republican (and certainly not toward the Democrats). However, big business has now aligned itself with the Democratic Party.

Big business is working with the Democrats in favor of immigration reform because they want to expand the labor supply so they can hire people for lower wages. Big business has also received special treatment under the Affordable Care Act and they are happy to have received those favors. Also, big business likes the Obama Administration's practice of picking winners and bestowing subsidies, bailouts, and other forms of corporate welfare because they are the beneficiaries.

Small business is sticking with the Republicans because these business owners pay the tax bills on their business profit (usually as personal income) and see all the government interference and redistribution programs as unwelcome taxes on their hard work and entrepreneurship. Social conservatives are not happy with Republicans all of the time and are never happy with all Republicans, but they have nowhere else to go.

Big business has changed teams because its executives do not personally pay the corporate taxes for their companies, have access to many ways to avoid or minimize tax liability (both personal and corporate), and can afford lobbyists to arrange for special treatment and favors. This administration, with its willingness to rewrite or ignore laws when it suits its purpose, fits perfectly with big business happy to benefit from what others have accurately termed crony capitalism.

Immigration reform is likely to impose large costs on society and taxpayers by making existing workers and their families eligible for government benefits that they are currently not able to collect. Big business does not care because it can benefit from lower labor costs and more potential customers for its products and is good at avoiding taxes. Democrats don't care about the costs because they want the voters and favor income redistribution anyway. On immigration reform, big business and the Democrats are clearly on the same page.

Big business has been given multiple waivers from the Affordable Care Act. First, many big companies were given waivers between 2010, when it passed, and 2013, as it was ramping up toward full implementation. In particular, a number of large corporations were allowed to continue health plans for their employees that did not meet ACA requirements (foreshadowing, anyone?). Then, this year, the Obama administration arbitrarily delayed the employer mandate for a year, allowing businesses to continue whatever their health plans had been (including nonexistent) for another year before they must start to incur additional costs and penalties. Extensive lobbying efforts by big business paid off again, while millions of ordinary people are spending hours or days trying to use a nonfunctional website to find out their health insurance fates.

Small businesses do not benefit from corporate welfare unless by accident. Big business, however, collects billions of dollars in corporate welfare every year. Big drug companies can benefit from federally funded medical research, big manufacturers like GE and Boeing benefit from both direct government handouts and indirect ones when the U.S. provides foreign aid with strings attached, requiring the recipient countries to spend the money buying American products. Airlines used to pay for airport security. Now the government provides it and taxes air travelers for the privilege of being groped. GM and Chrysler got billions in bailouts. A long list of green energy companies benefited from federal handouts and loan guarantees. Big business has perfected the art of lobbying the federal government for special favors and the Democrats are happy to play along.

When government is willing to bend the rules to suit its supporters those who have the most influence also stand to gain the most. Big business certainly has the resources to successfully lobby government. The expansion of government has led to many more opportunities for government to either benefit or hinder big business. That has increased the rent seeking behavior by many big businesses. It has also led to a realignment of big business and its political interests.

While the U.S. Chamber of Commerce still lines up with the Republican Party in many instances, its individual members, especially the largest ones, are increasingly forming alliances with the Democratic Party. A number of prominent CEOs have been strong and visible backers of President Obama. While this might simply be a result of their private political views it seems much more likely that the rationale is the hope that such open support will be rewarded with politically bestowed favors that translate into millions or billions of dollars of corporate profit.

President Obama and the Democratic Party are committed to income redistribution and are openly hostile to the rich in principle. In practice, they are happy to help the rich prosper if those partnerships lead to political victories for them in other arenas. This symbiotic relationship has paid off in record corporate profits. Big business has switched its support to the Democrats and that move already has paid impressive dividends.

Practically all the gains have been at the top, regulations are not the drag on the economy that conservatives make them out to be. The lack of disposable income, the shortage of consumer credit and the disappearance of job security is a much more relevant problem. If the business was there businesses would simply pass on the costs of business to their customers as they always do.
Regulations have put industries out of business and as a small business person I can tell you that regulations, taxes, fees are a killer. A jobs killer. Now add obabamcare to it, now add them reducing the definition of full time down to 30 hrs per week to force businesses to provide insurance. That makes it tough. Hating conservatives is a very poor response to a very serious problem.
I do not hate conservatives, I just wish they would wise up and quit thinking that what is good for big business and billionaires is good for them. If business addressed the problem of flat wages, declining benefits, rising health care costs, etc. then there would be no reason for the government to get into it now would there? The working class is hurting worse than any segment of the economy and yet they do not matter at all to conservatives, all they get from republicans is work harder, work cheaper and shut the fuck up.
Sure you hate conservatives, it isn't even slightly opague. You constantly lie about them as you do in this post. In fact every post I've seen from you.

Conservatives say work hard, make more money, let's get the government off our backs and we can all prosper. You need to research who's pockets big business money goes into.
If I think conservatives are toadies for the plutocrats and haters of the working class it is no lie, it is my opinion. If you care prove me wrong, if you don't then put me on ignore and never reply to anything I say again. I seriously do not give a fuck. All you do is repeat the same trickle down bullshit I could get anywhere.

That's why the U-6 rate, which is the real unemployment rate, has been so high during Obama's presidency. It was much lower under Bush, under Clinton, and under Reagan.
The U-6 rate was never the "real" for any Republican president, it only became the real rate for Obama. In fact, when the Right compares Bush to Obama they dishonestly use the U-3 rate for Bush and the U-6 rate for Obama.

fox-news-sg-chart-embed.jpg

If I think conservatives are toadies for the plutocrats and haters of the working class it is no lie, it is my opinion. If you care prove me wrong, if you don't then put me on ignore and never reply to anything I say again. I seriously do not give a fuck. All you do is repeat the same trickle down bullshit I could get anywhere.
Middle Class Decline Looms Over Final Years Of Obama Presidency

In other words you have no answer. Stuffing your head up your ass is your business.

Middle Class Decline Looms Over Final Years Of Obama Presidency
Don't mistake the aftermath for the cause. Way back during the Reagan administration our government policy makers fell in love with "free market" dogma and now years later we have this lousy unstable service based economy and income inequality that is going to be the death of us. The left has been warning America for decades that voodoo economics was going to ruin us. The ruin came and what happens? The same zealots who pushed "free market" bullshit the hardest are blaming the people who said it was going to fuck us.

Don't mistake the aftermath for the cause. Way back during the Reagan administration our government policy makers fell in love with "free market" dogma and now years later we have this lousy unstable service based economy and income equality that is going to be the death of us. The left has been warning America for decades that voodoo economics was going to ruin us. The ruin came and what happens? The same zealots who pushed "free market" bullshit the hardest are blaming the people who said it was going to fuck us.
I started my business serving almost 100% businesses during the Reagan administration and did very well along with everyone else I knew. New businesses forming every day. That continued until obama took office. What's your real world experience? Mouthing off on a website isn't experience.

Don't mistake the aftermath for the cause. Way back during the Reagan administration our government policy makers fell in love with "free market" dogma and now years later we have this lousy unstable service based economy and income equality that is going to be the death of us. The left has been warning America for decades that voodoo economics was going to ruin us. The ruin came and what happens? The same zealots who pushed "free market" bullshit the hardest are blaming the people who said it was going to fuck us.
I started my business serving almost 100% businesses during the Reagan administration and did very well along with everyone else I knew. New businesses forming every day. That continued until obama took office. What's your real world experience? Mouthing off on a website isn't experience.
I do pretty well for myself providing a useful service, other than that you get nothing about me. Your poor grasp of the time line of the 2008 economic collapse has me wondering if you are capable of running anything effectively, I saw it coming as early as 2006 and had taken steps to protect myself.

Actually, when you look at Obama's numbers, they're pretty depressing, especially in light of the US having over 3 million more illegals and the transition of full time jobs to part time jobs...

Obama s Numbers January 2014 Update

The Real Unemployment Rate and the Dearth of Full-Time Jobs - US News

The New American Dilemma
Obamacare is one reason for the rise of part-time labor.

By Mortimer B. Zuckerman Jul 23, 2014
There was a distinctive odor of hype about the newest jobs report from the federal government. Most people will have the impression we created 288,000 jobs in June – meaning full-time jobs. Not so. Full-time jobs plunged by over half a million, or 523,000. What’s increased is part-time jobs. They soared by about 800,000 to over 28 million. Just think of all those Americans working part time, no doubt glad to have the work, but they also have lower pay, diminished benefits, and a lack of job security. And then there’s the effect on self-esteem and the stress of managing a household.

Yet all the attention earlier this month wasn’t focused on part-time America, but only because the government and headline writers treated part-time jobs as if they were full-time jobs. There is a crying need for good, well-paying, full-time jobs, yet only 47.7 percent of adults in the U.S. are working full time. Yes, the percentage of unemployed has fallen, but it’s worth barely a Bronx cheer. It reflects the unsavory fact that 2.4 million Americans have become discouraged and have dropped out of the workforce. You might as well say that the unemployment rate would be zero if everyone just quit looking for work.

The loss of full-time jobs is the new American dilemma. What matters more than the quantity of work is the quality. Even worse, the June employment rate was itself deceptive. Previous harsh weather forced numerous schools to extend classes into June, which created jobs for the month that would not normally have figured in the totals.
In the immediate excitement of announcing 288,000 “jobs,” most commentary, taking its tone from President Obama’s “we’re making progress” statement, ignored or glossed over the real story: The disturbing trend to lower-quality, part-time jobs. Last month the ranks of involuntary part-timers swelled to 7.5 million, compared to 4.4 million in 2007. Way too many adults are dependent on the low-wage, part-time jobs that teenagers would normally fill. On top of that unwelcome record, the number of people who’ve been out of work for more than six months is around 3 million, well above the historical average. And the proportion of Americans working or looking for work is near its lowest level since the late 1970s.

Rather than face this accelerating deterioration of the American workforce, the government seemed to take refuge behind the positive headlines. We have to worry that we’re creating a two-nation state, a workforce permanently polarized with full-time workers on one side and the part-time workers stuck in a bin labeled “part-time for economic reasons.” Federal Reserve chair Janet Yellen had it right when she said, “The existence of such a large pool of partly unemployed workers is a sign that labor conditions are worse than indicated by the unemployment rate.”

There are a number of reasons for our predicament. But there is one political contribution to the dismal trend. Many employers cut workers below the Affordable Care Act 30-hour threshold and took on new part-time workers to fill the void. Sometimes two people worked the same number of hours as one had previously worked.
Is that progress? It sure isn’t when “the country has 10.4 million people looking for work, another 3.3 million who have given up the search as futile, 14 million on disability, and 37 million who have retired,” according to Thomas G. Donlan in a Barron’s editorial earlier this year. For the unemployment rate to decline substantively, the U.S. needs to generate above-trend growth. But it’s gone the other way. We are averaging roughly 2 percent growth in GDP over the last half-dozen years.

No wonder the number of people leaving the labor force entirely is running at about double the pace of new job creation. But the longer people stay out of work, the greater the erosion in their skill set, and that can make finding a new job even tougher. The ranks of the unemployed who have been looking for work fruitlessly for at least six months is now at 33 percent, compared to around 22 percent in past recessions. And of those who are unemployed for the long-term, only 10 percent actually end up getting a job.

123>

Actually, when you look at Obama's numbers, they're pretty depressing, especially in light of the US having over 3 million more illegals and the transition of full time jobs to part time jobs...

Obama s Numbers January 2014 Update

The Real Unemployment Rate and the Dearth of Full-Time Jobs - US News

The New American Dilemma
Obamacare is one reason for the rise of part-time labor.

By Mortimer B. Zuckerman Jul 23, 2014
There was a distinctive odor of hype about the newest jobs report from the federal government. Most people will have the impression we created 288,000 jobs in June – meaning full-time jobs. Not so. Full-time jobs plunged by over half a million, or 523,000. What’s increased is part-time jobs. They soared by about 800,000 to over 28 million. Just think of all those Americans working part time, no doubt glad to have the work, but they also have lower pay, diminished benefits, and a lack of job security. And then there’s the effect on self-esteem and the stress of managing a household.

Yet all the attention earlier this month wasn’t focused on part-time America, but only because the government and headline writers treated part-time jobs as if they were full-time jobs. There is a crying need for good, well-paying, full-time jobs, yet only 47.7 percent of adults in the U.S. are working full time. Yes, the percentage of unemployed has fallen, but it’s worth barely a Bronx cheer. It reflects the unsavory fact that 2.4 million Americans have become discouraged and have dropped out of the workforce. You might as well say that the unemployment rate would be zero if everyone just quit looking for work.

The loss of full-time jobs is the new American dilemma. What matters more than the quantity of work is the quality. Even worse, the June employment rate was itself deceptive. Previous harsh weather forced numerous schools to extend classes into June, which created jobs for the month that would not normally have figured in the totals.
In the immediate excitement of announcing 288,000 “jobs,” most commentary, taking its tone from President Obama’s “we’re making progress” statement, ignored or glossed over the real story: The disturbing trend to lower-quality, part-time jobs. Last month the ranks of involuntary part-timers swelled to 7.5 million, compared to 4.4 million in 2007. Way too many adults are dependent on the low-wage, part-time jobs that teenagers would normally fill. On top of that unwelcome record, the number of people who’ve been out of work for more than six months is around 3 million, well above the historical average. And the proportion of Americans working or looking for work is near its lowest level since the late 1970s.

Rather than face this accelerating deterioration of the American workforce, the government seemed to take refuge behind the positive headlines. We have to worry that we’re creating a two-nation state, a workforce permanently polarized with full-time workers on one side and the part-time workers stuck in a bin labeled “part-time for economic reasons.” Federal Reserve chair Janet Yellen had it right when she said, “The existence of such a large pool of partly unemployed workers is a sign that labor conditions are worse than indicated by the unemployment rate.”

There are a number of reasons for our predicament. But there is one political contribution to the dismal trend. Many employers cut workers below the Affordable Care Act 30-hour threshold and took on new part-time workers to fill the void. Sometimes two people worked the same number of hours as one had previously worked.
Is that progress? It sure isn’t when “the country has 10.4 million people looking for work, another 3.3 million who have given up the search as futile, 14 million on disability, and 37 million who have retired,” according to Thomas G. Donlan in a Barron’s editorial earlier this year. For the unemployment rate to decline substantively, the U.S. needs to generate above-trend growth. But it’s gone the other way. We are averaging roughly 2 percent growth in GDP over the last half-dozen years.

No wonder the number of people leaving the labor force entirely is running at about double the pace of new job creation. But the longer people stay out of work, the greater the erosion in their skill set, and that can make finding a new job even tougher. The ranks of the unemployed who have been looking for work fruitlessly for at least six months is now at 33 percent, compared to around 22 percent in past recessions. And of those who are unemployed for the long-term, only 10 percent actually end up getting a job.

123>

Still acting as if history began the day Obama took office? Blaming him entirely for the state of economy is like blaming the cleaning lady that comes in to clean up after a wild frat kegger. Wall Street had a drunken frolic until everyone puked on the carpet and the frat house caught fire.

Occupied

What has Obozo been doing for 6 1/2 years? I mean, other than saying the the war with ISIS is a war of ideas and he doesn't have any!!!
OBAMA-STUPID-IS-XXX.jpg

Occupied

What has Obozo been doing for 6 1/2 years? I mean, other than saying the the war with ISIS is a war of ideas and he doesn't have any!!!
View attachment 43804
He's been doing all he can with negative help from republicans. What have they been doing? Actively trying to make the economy worse just to spite one man. Post more stupid pictures you got off FB, maybe it will help your argument.

Occupied

View attachment 43804
He's been doing all he can with negative help from republicans. What have they been doing? Actively trying to make the economy worse just to spite one man. Post more stupid pictures you got off FB, maybe it will help your argument.

How in the hell can you blame it on the Republicans when the Democrats were in charge for most of that time?????

Were the Democrats passed out drunk in the alley????

only those with an IQ of 25 or under, those in a coma and cockroaches actually believe we have 5.4 unemployment.
Funny how when Shrub had 5.4% unemployment, cons touted it was real.
how can anyone brag about the Obama 5.4% unemployment rate when we all know it really closer to 35%? in other words, 93 Million under/not employed Americans represents 5.5(ish) per-cent of America?
You do know that Bush had 102 Million under/not employed Americans when he left, don't you?

You know I had a turkey sandwich for lunch yesterday, don't you?
yah, blame the sitting president for the collapse of the economy in his final two months. But Reid,Pelosi,Bwarny Frank had nothing to do with it? anyone suspicious of the timing of the 2008 collapse?

I do pretty well for myself providing a useful service, other than that you get nothing about me. Your poor grasp of the time line of the 2008 economic collapse has me wondering if you are capable of running anything effectively, I saw it coming as early as 2006 and had taken steps to protect myself.
As I suspected you don't know anything about the Reagan years except what you read. Your inability to understand simple words has me doubting you provide any useful service beyond toilet cleaning. I spoke about my personal experience and businesses surrounding me. I wasn't playing the stock market. Many empty stores around here...still.
obama was the wrong answer.

only those with an IQ of 25 or under, those in a coma and cockroaches actually believe we have 5.4 unemployment.
how can anyone brag about the Obama 5.4% unemployment rate when we all know it really closer to 35%? in other words, 93 Million under/not employed Americans represents 5.5(ish) per-cent of America?
You do know that Bush had 102 Million under/not employed Americans when he left, don't you?

yah, blame the sitting president for the collapse of the economy in his final two months. But Reid,Pelosi,Bwarny Frank had nothing to do with it? anyone suspicious of the timing of the 2008 collapse?
ANYTIME a Republican is in office during a presidential run the Democrat news outlets scream bloody murder about how it's the most horrible economy ever in the history of mankind. When a Democrat is in office it's the opposite.

and when Bill O'Reilly ripped Barney apart over the idea to give away new homes to poor people,and then the economy collapsed, Barney pretty much responded, 'Oh Well, Shit Happens, we just need to deal with it, i have my summer home on Cape Cod and a few nice cars, thats all that matters.

ANYTIME a Republican is in office during a presidential run the Democrat news outlets scream bloody murder about how it's the most horrible economy ever in the history of mankind. When a Democrat is in office it's the opposite.
and six years after a democrat is in office, all of his screw ups are Bush's fault.

Forum List

Back