Recommend an author

Even if they are from WAY the hell back in the day. For instance; Anne Rice. I've never read her works. Any fans? Dean Koontz? Stephen King? I've got a Kindle gift certificate, and I want to branch out from my usual fantasy fare.

Charles Bukowski
Hunter S. Thompson
Gabriel Garcia Marquez
Umberto Eco
Haruki Murakami
Gregory David Roberts

I just re-read "The Lovely Bones" Alice Sebold

The Art of Racing in the Rain was good.

Now I'm reading "Killing Lincoln" by O'Reilly. Very very good.

Sarah's Key Tatiana De Rosnay

This is likely to be phrased badly, but how do you find new books to read? Book clubs? New York Times Bestseller List? I'm asking because those are authors I've never heard of.

This is likely to be phrased badly, but how do you find new books to read? Book clubs? New York Times Bestseller List? I'm asking because those are authors I've never heard of.

Amazon.com is my favorite place on the whole wide internet.

I'm not an addict! I can quit Amazon any time I want!

How do you find them there, then? Is there some search like at fantasticfiction.co.uk where you can see who your favorite author favors?

I used to be stuck in the law/cop phase, Pelicanos, Connerly, Mosley, etc. Now I go to the first time authors section and pick a topic that I wouldn't normally read. My goal is to make 80% of the books I read this next year be from new authors and new topics.

I'm not an addict! I can quit Amazon any time I want!

How do you find them there, then? Is there some search like at fantasticfiction.co.uk where you can see who your favorite author favors?

browse, the best sellers lists, browse the new list,, when you start buying then they start forming lists you might like.. also Sam's club carries a lot of the new best sellers..

Have just gotten into the prose of Steve Earle, the musician. He is quite the storyteller, and his book of short stories is excellent.

Have just gotten into the prose of Steve Earle, the musician. He is quite the storyteller, and his book of short stories is excellent.

I just read my first short story since I think high school, and it was amazing. I'm going to be doing more of this.

I have always avoided short stories too, and I cannot honestly say why.

A good thick book of short stories is always good to have in the bathroom.

Forum List

Back