Recognizing What Schools Have Become

You’re spam has nothing to do with schooling... the issues it addresses has to do with the effects of internet, social media, video games, and the smart phone era. Traditional areas of education are suffering from the different lifestyle our children are being raised in while other areas excel.

you’re trying to attribute blame to the school when the problems you point out are being caused by culture and technology.

Try making your own arguments from now on and make them on point.... I rarely read the random spam you copy and paste. Waste of time

You're a product of our government school system, aren't you?
  • The word you are looking for is "Your", not You're (You are).
  • The word "has" should be "have".
  • Lifestyle should be the plural, lifestyles.
  • "The effects of internet" need the definite article "the". The effects of the internet.
  • "Smart phone" is one word, smartphone.
  • The second "you're", should be capitalized.
There are more but I'm bored.

I don't believe that anyone, even the far-left, believes that our government school system Is doing even a somewhat adequate job. Where do you get the idea that it is doing well?

IF, what you say is true, wouldn't all the races and nationalities be doing equally poorly?

There are so many teaching vacancies available it's time for the complainers to sign up to go in and teach. Be part of the solution. No chance of you getting sick do why not? Because it's easier to complain than fix it yet you complain about this generation as being lazy and dumb. Hypocrites. Go ahead put your health on the line after all the virus isn't real.

There are so many teaching vacancies available it's time for the complainers to sign up to go in and teach. Be part of the solution. No chance of you getting sick do why not? Because it's easier to complain than fix it yet you complain about this generation as being lazy and dumb. Hypocrites. Go ahead put your health on the line after all the virus isn't real.

Actually, it's time for freedom of choice in education.

You understand that concept, don't you?

How about this?

"As we knew for certain back in May with some studies giving matching results as early as April, the number of actual infections are magnitudes higher than known cases. Many simply never get tested either because their symptoms are too mild or because they were completely asymptomatic.

The second number is known—deaths attributed to COVID-19. As we've learned in recent weeks, those numbers are exaggerated as many medical professionals have overstated them by falsely claiming coronavirus in cases where coronavirus had nothing to do with the death. It is also telling that the provisional death rates, which most use in place of known deaths, include those who are "suspected" of having COVID-19 even if a test was not administered before or after death.

When you divide the number of deaths by the estimated number of cases, you get the Infection Fatality Rate Estimate. That tells us the likelihood of death from contracting COVID-19 broken down by age groups. The results were stunning. For those over the age of 65, the rates were very high at 5.6%. In other words, one out of every 20 people over the age of 65 who contract COVID-19 will likely die. That's not quite up there with previous viruses like SARS-CoV at 9.8%, but it's still clearly very dangerous for the elderly.

Those age 50-64 were better but still not great. At 0.14% Infection Fatality Rate Estimate, that's 14 deaths for every 10,000 infections. For people in this age group, it's about 14 times more dangerous than influenza. But from there, the Infection Fatality Rate Estimate drops dramatically. Those age 20-49 have a 0.0092%, or nine deaths per 100,000 infections. As for children age 10-19, the rate drops to 0.00032%, or three deaths per 1 MILLION infections.

It's understandable that mainstream media and Democrats do not want this information known because it would eliminate the need for locking down the nation, at least for those under 50-years-old. But why isn't the White House addressing it? This study is tailor-made for the reopening narrative. Here are five possible reasons ranked from least to most likely by my reckoning."

That's fine with me....the choice thing. But the fact is there are still many kids who will be attending public schools and private schools that are not up to par. Unless one parent is making good money, really good money, it's difficult almost impossible in america to pull it off. Living on $20 per hour isn't feasible or worth the stress it would create, so 2 people work just to barely hang on. I really understand young married couples who choose not to have kids in today's America since it's a brave and courageous choice but at least they aren't having kids they don't want and that helps the nation big time. Our smaller rural schools here are doing quite well. My daughter is a teacher here as was my wife. My daughter is not going to send her son to school because of the virus.

That's fine with me....the choice thing. But the fact is there are still many kids who will be attending public schools and private schools that are not up to par. Unless one parent is making good money, really good money, it's difficult almost impossible in america to pull it off. Living on $20 per hour isn't feasible or worth the stress it would create, so 2 people work just to barely hang on. I really understand young married couples who choose not to have kids in today's America since it's a brave and courageous choice but at least they aren't having kids they don't want and that helps the nation big time. Our smaller rural schools here are doing quite well. My daughter is a teacher here as was my wife. My daughter is not going to send her son to school because of the virus.

I can't believe how many fallacies you fit into one short post.

The fallacies for you are facts for ma large percentage of americans

You'd have less time for your whining and hand-wringing if you'd learn to read a book or two, or get a second job.

Lots of us have done both.

But, unlike you, we're patriotic Americans.

Oh I'm retired...I served my sentence working hard my whole life. The fact that it's difficult to live on low wages has zero to do with patriotism. I be dutifully paid my taxes and followed the laws. That's true patriotism.

Oh I'm retired...I served my sentence working hard my whole life. The fact that it's difficult to live on low wages has zero to do with patriotism. I be dutifully paid my taxes and followed the laws. That's true patriotism.

Perhaps you should have worked harder, gotten a better job, or two jobs.

You might be complaining less.

I have very little sympathy, especially after your comments despising patriotism.

Maybe there's another nation that would be better for you....perhaps that 'worker's paradise.'

You don't object to gulags, do you?

It's not a complaint, just stating a fact. Why are you so touchy about a few innocent statements? Right away you jump to far out there statements. Ever heard of debate? I've said nothing offensive in any of my posts here.

It's not a complaint, just stating a fact. Why are you so touchy about a few innocent statements? Right away you jump to far out there statements. Ever heard of debate? I've said nothing offensive in any of my posts here.

"It's not a complaint, just stating a fact. "

No it isn't.

" I've said nothing offensive in any of my posts here."

now I have not a patriotic bone in my body

. Of course I will admit I don't have a patriotic bone in my body eventhough i was born in america

I guess your avi says it all.

I will freely admit I don't drive around with a flag in the back of my truck like some. Living off $20 per hour can be very tough. I had a brother who died serving this country. What more would you like?

I will freely admit I don't drive around with a flag in the back of my truck like some. Living off $20 per hour can be very tough. I had a brother who died serving this country. What more would you like?

I'd like you to light a candle rather than continuing to curse the darkness.

You’re spam has nothing to do with schooling... the issues it addresses has to do with the effects of internet, social media, video games, and the smart phone era. Traditional areas of education are suffering from the different lifestyle our children are being raised in while other areas excel.

you’re trying to attribute blame to the school when the problems you point out are being caused by culture and technology.

Try making your own arguments from now on and make them on point.... I rarely read the random spam you copy and paste. Waste of time

You're a product of our government school system, aren't you?
  • The word you are looking for is "Your", not You're (You are).
  • The word "has" should be "have".
  • Lifestyle should be the plural, lifestyles.
  • "The effects of internet" need the definite article "the". The effects of the internet.
  • "Smart phone" is one word, smartphone.
  • The second "you're", should be capitalized.
There are more but I'm bored.

I don't believe that anyone, even the far-left, believes that our government school system Is doing even a somewhat adequate job. Where do you get the idea that it is doing well?

IF, what you say is true, wouldn't all the races and nationalities be doing equally poorly?
Wow, I didn’t know the grammar police were on patrol. I guess when you can’t argue the substance then you get knit picky. I’m srory if yuo are havnig a hrad tmie undretsandnig me.

Wow, I didn’t know the grammar police were on patrol. I guess when you can’t argue the substance then you get knit picky. I’m srory if yuo are havnig a hrad tmie undretsandnig me.

So you dodged having to answer a couple of serious questions. Not surprising!

Why do Conservatives want to force schools to open in areas that are admitted to be unsafe.
I dont want them to open

by removing vulnerable children from liberal classrooms they are spared the marxist brainwashing we have when they are in school

I want distance learning and a sharp reduction in funding for the public schools

Schools closed so parents are unable to go back to work.

Get it?????

"...Los Angeles County Public Health Director Dr. Barbara Ferrer didn't get the memo to keep her mouth shut.

KFI News reporter Steve Gregory obtained a recording of Dr. Ferrer on a conference call with local health officials and school administrators. During the call, Dr. Ferrer says K-12 schools will not be allowed to reopen until after the election takes place. Sure, childhood development is important and all but, you know, orange man bad."

....or, 'Liberals destroy everything they touch.'

1. Mandated government schooling is no longer meant to do what was once its mission.
Earlier American presidents, Republicans and Democrats alike, agreed on two basic goals: teach the newcomers English and make them Americans. The clear aim was to strengthen our national identity--to reinforce the unum in e pluribus unum--by assimilating the new arrivals into American civilization. http://www.aei.org/article/society-and-culture/anti-americanization/
Today, government school has a very different mission......but is highly successful at it: it turns out Leftists.

2. "The Teachers’ Unions Will Shoot Their Hostages
Increasingly bizarre demands aim to prevent any return to school

For America's kids and parents, the reopening of schools in coming weeks is a source of fear and frustration. For teachers' unions, always claiming to "put the kids first," it's another opportunity for politicking.

On Tuesday evening, just before a slated speech by presumptive Democratic nominee Joe Biden, American Federation of Teachers president Randi Weingarten announced that the national union would back strikes by local members objecting to inadequate health and safety standards. That threat marks progress insofar as a strike would see teachers forgo pay if they abstain from work, the same choice facing many other Americans.

We do not begrudge teachers the right to negotiate a safe work environment. But teachers' unions like the AFT have gone beyond calling for increased safety measures which, even if adopted, would not satisfy their demands for a zero-risk environment. The Durham Association of Educators has demanded Medicare for All and "direct income support regardless of immigration status" before their members go back to work. United Teachers Los Angeles also wants Medicare for All, the defunding of the LAPD, and a nationwide wealth tax before Angelino teachers return to the classroom."

3. Here is the actual data needed for school openings:
"Those age 20-49 have a 0.0092%, or nine deaths per 100,000 infections. As for children age 10-19, the rate drops to 0.00032%, or three deaths per 1 MILLION infections.

It's understandable that mainstream media and Democrats do not want this information known because it would eliminate the need for locking down the nation, at least for those under 50-years-old."

4. "These demands have nothing to do with the coronavirus or even education more broadly. They have everything to do with the unions' cozy relationship with the Democratic Party's activist wing. The AFT routinely donates millions of dollars—98 percent of its political spending—to Democrats, the same party that has repeatedly used the coronavirus as negotiating leverage in Congress.

Given their political attitude, it's little surprise that, according to a Department of Education spokesman, the unions are more focused on striking than on coming to the table to determine how to reopen schools safely."

5. "Just nine months ago Pete Buttigieg stood on a debate stage in Houston and, to wild applause, declared that the United States needs to "respect teachers the way we do soldiers and pay them more like the way we do doctors" if we want "the results we expect."

But when the virus came, our soldiers didn’t abandon the country, and our doctors didn’t abandon the sick. If we want to get the results we expect, parents will need to break the unions.'
Ibid.
Commie re-education camps

Forum List

Back