Reasons Why We Should Welcome Syrian Refugees

Reasons why we should welcome refugees?

Aside from the - one would think - obvious humanitarian reasons, because it's fun to watch the Rightists acting like animals.

This

6. America should demonstrate moral courage: During World War II, the U.S. turned away Jews due to security concerns. We sent shiploads back to the camps because we were scared that Nazi spies could hide in their midst (which was not an entirely unfounded concern). The lesson of the Holocaust, as I noted here, is that we must deal with threats without rejecting our ethical obligations. We must not send those fleeing persecution back to their persecutors. The definition of moral courage is to resist allowing fear to overwhelm our humanity.
For Christs sake kill their persecutors. Don't bow to the persecutors goal to drive out them out of their country. That would demonstrate courage. That's what strong men would do.

You first need the strong men, there seems to be a shortage of such
In the whitehouse...for sure...not in the barracks.

ref.jpg

Do some research before you post crap like that. They were never refugees.

The Boston Bombers Were Not Refugees -- Neither Was the Paris Attacker
Moreover, the Tsarnaev brothers were not themselves even applicants for asylum. At less than 10-years-old, they were too young to be vetted, and they received derivative status from their father who had, indeed, come to the U.S. fleeing war-torn Chechnya. It's a stretch to claim that the system broke down because agents could not foresee that these schoolboys might one day grow up to be killers.

This case does not show that the vetting process for the asylees was broken either. The Tsarnaevs' father has not engaged in any acts of terrorism and has led a peaceful life in the U.S.​

Moreover, the Tsarnaev brothers were not themselves even applicants for asylum. At less than 10-years-old, they were too young to be vetted, and they received derivative status from their father who had, indeed, come to the U.S. fleeing war-torn Chechnya. It's a stretch to claim that the system broke down because agents could not foresee that these schoolboys might one day grow up to be killers.

This case does not show that the vetting process for the asylees was broken either. The Tsarnaevs' father has not engaged in any acts of terrorism and has led a peaceful life in the U.S.​
So....they were sons of refugees...? Just trying to dig the nuance, yo....

No. They weren't even sons of refugees.

Were they sons of a displaced person?

Their father was an assylum seeker - who, I might add, did nothing wrong.

Except raising two mass murdering terrorists

I realize that this issue has led to a morass of misinformation and fear mongering.....but I figure there may be a few people who would like to read something that is based on factual info and sound reasoning.

Here it is.

Six Reasons to Welcome Syrian Refugees After Paris | Niskanen Center

The enemy of our enemy is our friend?

There is precedent for America refusing to accept political refugees. Then, the fear was that NAZI's would sneak in with the fleeing Jews. Will we remember our history?

Let's indeed try some "factual info and sound reasoning."

One, some of the Syrian refugees who have gone into other countries have wreaked havoc there.

Two, surveys done among Syrian refugees have found that a sizable portion of them sympathize with ISIS.

Three, we have no way to verify the identity of most Syrian refugees, as even our own FBI chief has admitted.

Four, journalists have found it very easy to obtain fake Syrian passports.

Five, even those Syrian refugees who might be anti-ISIS could well be pro-Al Qaeda and/or anti-Israeli and anti-American.

Six, with the huge land mass of the Arab world, there is no rational reason that we should have to settle thousands of Syrian refugees. They would be far more at home in a sister Arab country.

Sorry. No refugees from the Middle East have carried out a single terror attack in the US.

You are using the cloak of concern and fear to keep those brown people out. Nutbags pound their chests daily and warn others not to mess with them......but suggest that some poor, weak and hungry refugees get some needed help and they start to cower like scared little puppies at a fireworks show.

It's all bullshit. WE CAN SEE RIGHT THROUGH YOU.

Were the Tsarnaev Brothers 'Refugees'? : snopes.com

Ok....they were sons of a Muslim asylum seeker. That does make a difference. I'm really getting into this nuance thing. Thank you!

Ok....they were sons of a Muslim asylum seeker. That does make a difference. I'm really getting into this nuance thing. Thank you!

Nothing to do with nuance - there's a huge difference in the vetting process and legalities.

Nothing to do with nuance - there's a huge difference in the vetting process and legalities.

Obviously there shouldn't be

I understand...creates jobs for the beuracracy.

And that makes it better how?

And the people blown to bits, what is the huge difference for them?

Forum List

Back