reasons I don't shop at Starbucks

I drink my coffee hot and black and tasting like coffee.

Not lavender, tasting like cereal, and smelling like perfume.
8ie19x.jpg

It costs as much for a cup of coffee at Starbucks..and most other Coffee purveyors as it does for a Lb. of Peet's Major Dickson's dark roast beans.
Maybe 30 cups? Large cups.

I make my coffee at home...and if I want some when I'm out I pack a thermos~

Just because it's on the menu doesn't mean you have to order it.

I'm not a coffee expert, but I know many people who are, and they reluctantly concede that Starbuck's has very, very good coffee. Hot brown water is all I'm after, and I insist on half&half with it. That's my only qualification.

A large portion of our national economy is financed by the difference between WANT and NEED. If you just want to hear good singing you can go to church for free and listen to the choir. If you want to hear Taylor Swift, it will be a little more. If Starbuck's can get people to pay three times the going rate for a "special" cup of coffee, that's a good thing.

I once ordered a cup of Starbucks black without all the added sweeteners and flavored syrups.
It sure didn't taste like coffee.
Many people think Starbucks is mainly ground up chicory root with a few roasted coffee beans.
Whatever the concoction is made up of, it's way too expensive.

It costs as much for a cup of coffee at Starbucks..and most other Coffee purveyors as it does for a Lb. of Peet's Major Dickson's dark roast beans.
Maybe 30 cups? Large cups.

I make my coffee at home...and if I want some when I'm out I pack a thermos~
Yep, same here.

I have a couple 17 oz Zojirushi Tuff Slim thermoses......I've had them for at least 20 years.....Best thermos ever!

LOL....I got them NIB from a yard sale.....A buck each!

R.d74395df90306d7195fcdeec9af072cb

I also have a 1 qt Zojirushi Canteen Thermos that fits in a GI canteen carrier (sans the metal canteen cup). They are so rare I can't find a pic....They say they were made for the Japanese military.

I drink my coffee hot and black and tasting like coffee.

Not lavender, tasting like cereal, and smelling like perfume.
The same people who shop at Starbucks and pay $5+ for a $0.30 cup of joe are the ones that say they can't afford to pay rent.

I've never been to Starbucks or any coffee joint. I have my coffee with cream and sugar. So yummy! James brings me a cup in the mornings- I'll adore him till I die.

I worked at a nursing home for a few years. I'd watch these CNA's making not much money, send someone to Starbucks every morning to get their coffees. Average 5 bucks each. 25 bucks a week doesn't sound like much till you remember it's just 5 cups of coffee, and they gripe about not having the money to pay the bills.

And lavender flavoring sucks. Tastes like soap.

I used to work at a McDonald's and the one thing that I never understood about the coffee drinkers is them wanting as much cream and sugar as they wanted. 30 creams were asked for once and another time, 40 sugars were asked for.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

I've had exactly one cup of starfucks!!!
I was in an airport and it was the only thing open at the time.
And yeah it sucked!!

Yes, their coffee sucks.

But you meet the most interesting people in there.

I wonder what they could do to make their coffee better.

I used to work at a McDonald's and the one thing that I never understood about the coffee drinkers is them wanting as much cream and sugar as they wanted. 30 creams were asked for once and another time, 40 sugars were asked for.

God bless you always!!!

Holly
That's what we called "black convict coffee".

Back in the day when the convicts were served fresh brewed coffee the black convicts would come in with their 16oz Tupperware cup/lid (we sold the cups in the commissary) and they would put in one part sugar, one part creamer, and one part coffee......They would put the coffee in after the sugar to melt it then hit it with the creamer.

LOL.....The coffee was USGI surplus from the Korean War but it still tasted OK in the 70s.

Forum List

Back