Reasonable or Necessary use of deadly force?

The claim from the police is that a proposed change to California law will result in dead cops. The change that threatens to allow criminals to kill cops at will? Changing the standards for use of force from reasonable to necessary. In other words the police officer could no longer get away with killing unarmed people by merely saying “I was afeared for my life” as the unarmed baddie runs away.

Fatal police shootings could become a crime under proposed California law

The standards for police use of force in California are pretty much the same as in Texas. The most liberal and conservative states share this awful similarity.

If we are to accept that the killing of another person is the most extreme action one can take, then shouldn’t we put the reasonable limit on it to insure it is the last resort and it was really necessary? The officer should have to justify his actions. And the magic words should not be a get out of jail free card.

One of the opponents, a former CHP officer who is in the state senate said that it would require cops to think before they react and that delay would cost lives. The lack of the delay is costing lives. Only they are lives that don’t matter to cops. They’re the lives of the victims of their unwillingness to think before killing someone.

Well, the fact that a retard in the California state senate backs it tells me two things. One, that the retard was a desk jockey and two, it’s a bad idea because a California state rep likes it.

Forum List

Back