"Reasonable" gun control vs "gun nut gun control"

One story a week doesn't equal many. And many of those are questionable.

It's funny, you would think gun control would have died after the French attacks.

Remember how France has someone of the most strict gun laws in the EU....... yet they got a bunch of Kalash assault rifles.... entirely illegal.

Yeah, that sure stopped them. THey were going to kill a bunch of people, but then they found out it was illegal to have hand guns..... rifles.... assault rifles... and that caused them to reconsider....... and just do it anyway.

The BBC was interviewing the French authorities on the World this Week, and ask how could they possibly get such high powered rifles when it's illegal to own any guns in France that are semi-automatic. The only weapons you can own without a dozen permits, is a pellet gun, and a single-shot 22 rifle. You can own a .44 or .357, but you can't buy the ammo for it.

So how oh how can they possibly have gotten hold of an ultra-banned fully automatic assault rifle??? How is it even possible??

The guy they interviewed from the French authority was hilliarious in his response. "Oh you can buy anything off the black market".............>> DUH <<!!!! He went on to say, it's easy and quick to find any kind of weapon you want on the black market in France.

As we've said millions on millions of times...... over and over and over....... Gun control laws only prevent people who already follow the laws from having guns.

People who don't follow the laws...... are not going to be stopped by gun laws.

French Police Gun Control Isn t Working for Us - Breitbart

The French police are now saying gun control doesn't do jack. How many times do we have to see the same lesson over and over, before you people stop trying to push something that doesn't work?

They have much lower crime rates than us. We have the most guns of any country by far and by far not the lowest crime rates.

The sun came up today, and Obama is in office. Therefore Obama caused the sun to come up.

Correlation does not equal causation.

If you would like to make more correlations and assume they are the cause, then crime has declined since states started passing conceal and carry laws.

Fact is, in every country which has passed tougher gun control laws, the rate of crime in those countries has increased.

By the way, gun ownership was many times higher in the 1950s and before, and crime was a tiny fraction of what it is today.

It's true we have per capita more guns than other countries.... but we have lower ownership than ever before.

Percentage-of-households--001.jpg

Fewer people can defend themselves, regardless of the total number of guns divided by the population.

Actually that GSS survey is not accurate, the guy who is in charge is an anti gunner, who told John Lott he hoped the survey would help politicians pass more gun control...other surveys show ownership is higher....the one conducted by ABC news put it at 43%

That's confusing to me. Showing the fewer people own weapons, would seem to disprove the claim that more gun ownership causes crime.

How would showing lower ownership rates, justify banning guns?

I hopt that info. on the other research helped....

Vermont, with the least restrictive gun laws in the US...

Murder rate: 0.47/100k
Gun related murder rate: 0.26/100k

Please compare this to the rest of the Western world.

They don't have a single large city. No intelligent person would compare it to CA or any state with large cities. Your OP is a joke.

So what exactly are you saying?
Big cities full of brown people are more dangerous?

Interesting.
If not gun the gun control laws, what is cause for the difference between the levels of crime in CA and VT?

The way I see it the big cities get the double whammy.
Craploads of criminals who are more than happy to ignore gun laws,and law abiding citizens unable to protect themselves.
I know if I was a criminal i'd work in a heavily restricted state,no different than mass killings in gun free zones really.

Interesting.
If not gun the gun control laws, what is cause for the difference between the levels of crime in CA and VT?
Craploads of criminals who are more than happy to ignore gun laws,and law abiding citizens unable to protect themselves.
I know if I was a criminal i'd work in a heavily restricted state,no different than mass killings in gun free zones really.
In other words.... demographics.
Right?

They don't have a single large city. No intelligent person would compare it to CA or any state with large cities. Your OP is a joke.

Population density mostly. Nothing to do with race.

Interesting.
Right?

Demographics combined with restrictive gun laws.
A match made in heaven for thugs.

Interesting.
Right?
Criminals -are- bolder when they know it is unlikely that any given victim is unarmed.
:dunno:

Yeah...okay.
Funny thing though,I live in a master planned community that has in excess of 8'000 homes. I'd have to say thats a pretty dense population.
Yet we never have shootings.

Interesting.
Right?
Criminals -are- bolder when they know it is unlikely that any given victim is unarmed.
:dunno:

Low gun ownership does not create criminals. Many countries with low ownership have low crime.

Yeah...okay.
Funny thing though,I live in a master planned community that has in excess of 8'000 homes. I'd have to say thats a pretty dense population.

You are comparing that to cities with millions of people? You must be joking.

Yeah...okay.

If you never have shootings why are you so scared and clinging to your gun?

Yeah...okay.

Houston and surrounding area population.....6.18 million. Try again.

For reference, VT has a lower murder rate than every western country, save for Japan, Iceland and Liechtenstein.
It has half the murder rate of the UK, France and Australia and one third the rate of Canada, Finland and Belgium.
List of countries by intentional homicide rate - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

Yeah...okay.

Because I enjoy shooting them.
You got a problem with that?

Yeah...okay.

Houston and surrounding area population.....6.18 million. Try again.

Houston has plenty of shootings.

Yeah...okay.

Because I enjoy shooting them.
You got a problem with that?
Brain will only lie to you - don't feed the trolls.

Forum List

Back