Camille Paglia interview in Salon

westwall

WHEN GUNS ARE BANNED ONLY THE RICH WILL HAVE GUNS
Gold Supporting Member
Apr 21, 2010
Nevada
I have always admired her candor and this most recent interview is quite insightful. Her viewpoint on religion is very similar to mine, as well as her respect for religion, even though she is an atheist, but her comments on the closed mindedness of the modern day liberal are the most powerful denunciation I have heard in years.

"Historically, talk radio arose via Rush Limbaugh in the early 1990s precisely because of this stranglehold by liberal discourse. For heaven’s sake, I was a Democrat who had just voted for Jesse Jackson in the 1988 primary, but I had to fight like mad in the early 1990s to get my views heard. The resistance of liberals in the media to new ideas was enormous. Liberals think of themselves as very open-minded, but that’s simply not true! Liberalism has sadly become a knee-jerk ideology, with people barricaded in their comfortable little cells. They think that their views are the only rational ones, and everyone else is not only evil but financed by the Koch brothers. It’s so simplistic!"

Camille Paglia takes on Jon Stewart Trump Sanders Liberals think of themselves as very open-minded but that s simply not true - Salon.com

Camille is a classic liberal. And she'll take on anyone. Admire her greatly for maintaining her "feistyness" in today's wishy washy PC world. Is feistyness a word or have I just pulled a Palin?
She just hammered the old guard of the feminist movement as well completely slamming them for not going after Bill Clinton. It was a jaw dropping read to say the least.
YAY! a classic liberal is out there!

Nice post op. I personally think the people are getting tired of being beat down by these Liberals of today, along with that Democrat party who claims they are liberal and call's themselves, Democratic. I see them ALL as far from being Democratic

Forum List

Back