Real white supremacists get their just desserts

They'd have to be wingnuts to put their postings supporting Trump on a knitting website anyway. Paid shills, no doubt. Knit or move on.

What about Trump supporters that post Pro-Trump knitting patterns?

You don't think people like that exist?
I guess they'll have to take them to a different site. Bet there's more than one knitting site out there.

Something that niche usually doesn't have many sites to work with.

But I guess political balkanization is OK with you, because it isn't your views getting thrust down the memory hole.

How convenient.

Since when is knitting "niche"? It and other needle crafts are actually quite popular hobbies. And there's a lot of them.

I think this is a bad and ridiculous call on Ravelry's part, but they have every right to make it. And the sensible - the ONLY - response is to beat feet, in cyber terms. Fastest and most legitimate way to teach them to keep their personal opinions out of their business.

Knitting is very niche. Almost non-existant among the young. My mother had three daughters, only one of whom can knit or sew, and that would be me. She raised five children in the Depression, and one after WWII. My mother sewed all of our clothes, knit all of our sweaters, mitts and scarves, and my Dad's socks. None of her 14 grandchildren are knitters. I'm the last knitter in my family even though my mother tried to teach all of us to knit.

Now that I live in a rural community, I meet a lot more knitters than I ever did in the City, but everytime a child sees me knitting, they say "Just like Gran". We're a dying breed and the younger ones just aren't taking it up in large enough numbers. When I was growing up, every small town had a yard goods and needle arts store. Even the village of 800 people we moved to when I was 8, had a General Store with a yard goods counter. Today we have big crafting centres in shopping malls, but knitting and crocheting occupy a small corner of that crafting store. And the nearest yard goods store from the small town I currently live in, is 30 miles away.

I collect antique pattern books. My elderly friends and neighbours are gifting me with ancient pattern books, some so old and tattered that I have to scan them and reprint them to use them, for fear they'll fall apart if I handle them at all. They know that when they die, these treasures will be discarded along with the rest of the items no one has any use for - "grandma's junk", and they understand their value.
I have a small tablecloth that my great grandmother crocheted in fine white cotton thread. It's amazing.

Tolerant left hacks at it again, following the Technical Cleansing manual

"One of the biggest knitting websites in the world, which claims to have more than 8 million members, has announced that it will ban users from expressing support for Donald Trump, saying that to do so constitutes “white supremacy”."

'White supremacy': popular knitting website Ravelry bans support for Trump

If anyone had doubts whether to vote for Trump, this should settle it. These morons need to be taught a lesson.

America is a majority white country and will continue to be so as the population replacement attempts of these morons are stopped.

Ravelry is a world wide knitting resource site. It is completely non-political. There is aboslutely no reason to take politics into that website, and especially not white supremacy, which should be banned discourse at all privately owned websites in the world.

The vast, vast majority of the membership of Ravelry.com are women. If a privately owned website wants to ban discussion about a man which who has publically admitted that he enjoys sexually assaulting women and boot assholes like you from promoting his toxic masculinity, I say good for them

The fact that you deem this worthy of commentary at all, shows that you're the obsessed loon here because you have absolutely no reason whatsoever to use that website. You're not smart enough to learn to knit.

iu

Last edited:
Real white supremacists get their just deserts
Knitting website bans Trump: Backing president is ‘undeniably support for white supremacy'
by Ellie Bufkin
| June 23, 2019 02:30 PM
A popular website devoted to knitting and crochet enthusiasts announced Sunday on Twitter that they will no longer allow knitting projects or patterns that feature support for President Trump or his administration.
"Ravelry" said the ban will further extend to any forum talk of support for the president or user profiles that mention support of Trump or his associates. They stated, "We are banning support of Donald Trump and his administration on Ravelry. We cannot provide a space that is inclusive of all and also allow support for open white supremacy."

We cannot provide a space that is inclusive of all and also allow support for open white supremacy. Support of the Trump administration is undeniably support for white supremacy.

Read the rest and their sup[er inclusive policy @
Knitting website bans Trump: Backing president is ‘undeniably support for white supremacy'
We all know knitting clubs are hot beds of racist white nationalist.
Thank god for the vigilant Nazi left who politicize everything .

Ravelry

✔@ravelry

· 13h

We are banning support of Donald Trump and his administration on Ravelry. We cannot provide a space that is inclusive of all and also allow support for open white supremacy. More details: https://ravelry.com/content/no-trump …

Pancho@Pancho93528792

I could cry. What has the world come to. In a forum thread I just remarked how I admire Donald Trump and this is what I immediately received in my in-box:

8:58 AM - Jun 23, 2019
Twitter Ads info and privacy

b24fdd427b63e8f39d158195af4aba9122c6bf501193ebcd1ce884aeadf08735.jpg

My wife and I were both active on that site, for a while, many years ago. Although primarily oriented toward knitting and related crafts (which were of interest to my wife, but not so much to me), it also featured a wide range of other forums in which other topics could be discussed, including politics.

Even in the political forums, there was, back then, a strong moderation bias against conservative views. I kept having posts deleted, and eventually getting banned from one forum after another, for expressing even mildly conservative opinions. Back then, there wasn't any stated policy against conservative views, but in practice, there was little tolerance. I don't think I was there for more than a month or two, before I gave up on that site, and left it for good,never looking back. My wife left it soon afterward, for different reasons. She really felt that that site was not nearly so much about knitting and crafts, as it claimed, but more about forming exclusive social cliques, in a manner that she never fit into.

Also, one rather stupid thing about this site, that irritated me, was that anywhere an apostrophe (') appeared in a post, the site would change it to a closing single quote (’). When I expressed, in a support forum on that site, that I thought this was incorrect, and in any case, I objected to having my writings mutilated in such a way as to make it appear that I was using the incorrect character in that context, I was banned from that support forum.

It's not really surprising to see that now they've taken the stand of openly saying that they will not tolerate content that supports President Trump. If anything, it is surprising that they have taken this long to reach the point of openly admitting to censoring such content.

I dont doubt it
Its all over to

I had the hammer drop on us on NRO during trumps election..... AND theyre supposed to be right wingers..
Cultural Marxism ....its only gonna get worse

"One of the biggest knitting websites in the world, which claims to have more than 8 million members, has announced that it will ban users from expressing support for Donald Trump, saying that to do so constitutes “white supremacy”."

If anyone had doubts whether to vote for Trump, this should settle it. These morons need to be taught a lesson.

America is a majority white country and will continue to be so as the population replacement attempts of these morons are stopped.

Ravelry is a world wide knitting resource site. It is completely non-political. There is aboslutely no reason to take politics into that website, and especially not white supremacy, which should be banned discourse at all privately owned websites in the world.

The vast, vast majority of the membership of Ravelry.com are women. If a privately owned website wants to ban discussion about a man which who has publically admitted that he enjoys sexually assaulting women and boot assholes like you from promoting his toxic masculinity, I say good for them

The fact that you deem this worthy of commentary at all, shows that you're the obsessed loon here because you have absolutely no reason whatsoever to use that website. You're not smart enough to learn to knit.

iu
Watch it, Marion. She might hurt ya

iu
Watch it, Marion. She might hurt ya

I can move pretty good for an old man. :)

What about Trump supporters that post Pro-Trump knitting patterns?

You don't think people like that exist?
I guess they'll have to take them to a different site. Bet there's more than one knitting site out there.

But I guess political balkanization is OK with you, because it isn't your views getting thrust down the memory hole.

How convenient.

Since when is knitting "niche"? It and other needle crafts are actually quite popular hobbies. And there's a lot of them.

I think this is a bad and ridiculous call on Ravelry's part, but they have every right to make it. And the sensible - the ONLY - response is to beat feet, in cyber terms. Fastest and most legitimate way to teach them to keep their personal opinions out of their business.

Knitting is very niche. Almost non-existant among the young. My mother had three daughters, only one of whom can knit or sew, and that would be me. She raised five children in the Depression, and one after WWII. My mother sewed all of our clothes, knit all of our sweaters, mitts and scarves, and my Dad's socks. None of her 14 grandchildren are knitters. I'm the last knitter in my family even though my mother tried to teach all of us to knit.

Now that I live in a rural community, I meet a lot more knitters than I ever did in the City, but everytime a child sees me knitting, they say "Just like Gran". We're a dying breed and the younger ones just aren't taking it up in large enough numbers. When I was growing up, every small town had a yard goods and needle arts store. Even the village of 800 people we moved to when I was 8, had a General Store with a yard goods counter. Today we have big crafting centres in shopping malls, but knitting and crocheting occupy a small corner of that crafting store. And the nearest yard goods store from the small town I currently live in, is 30 miles away.

I collect antique pattern books. My elderly friends and neighbours are gifting me with ancient pattern books, some so old and tattered that I have to scan them and reprint them to use them, for fear they'll fall apart if I handle them at all. They know that when they die, these treasures will be discarded along with the rest of the items no one has any use for - "grandma's junk", and they understand their value.
I have a small tablecloth that my great grandmother crocheted in fine white cotton thread. It's amazing.

I have a large white cotten tablecloth that has three more rounds to finish. I need to do it soon, because the arthritis is making fine crochet painful.

Aside from this being knitting website (oh, please!), do explain what support for donald trump has to do with being "white." You are asserting that support for him is a racial thing, so let's hear it. I'm of European heritage on both sides, and have really, really pale skin and blue eyes, and you are insinuating that I have to support trump. Why? I think that he is trash.

You don't have to support Trump, this is your country's leader:

iu

How convenient.

I have a large white cotten tablecloth that has three more rounds to finish. I need to do it soon, because the arthritis is making fine crochet painful.
Oh, do finish! I had never seen anything like it 'til my mom pulled that out of the drawer. And I still can't believe it. The amount of work!

Yes, our Prime Minister. A man who is secure in his masculinity, and isn't terrified of queers. This is his family. His wife hasn't had thousands of dollars of plastic surgery. The man doesn't humiliate and shame his wife by publically cheating on her, but rumour has it he has no reason to be insecure about the size of his "hands". And Sofie is smiling with her eyes. Something Melania never does. They're also reaching behind their children's back to touch And Sophie isn't slapping his hand away.

maxresdefault.jpg

Yes, our Prime Minister. A man who is secure in his masculinity, and isn't terrified of queers. This is his family. His wife hasn't had thousands of dollars of plastic surgery. The man doesn't humiliate and shame his wife by publically cheating on her, but rumour has it he has no reason to be insecure about the size of his "hands". And Sofie is smiling with her eyes. Something Melania never does. They're also reaching behind their children's back to touch And Sophie isn't slapping his hand away.

maxresdefault.jpg
Cute family. That's an awful dress on her, though--looks like she's in her bathrobe.

Aside from this being knitting website (oh, please!), do explain what support for donald trump has to do with being "white." You are asserting that support for him is a racial thing, so let's hear it. I'm of European heritage on both sides, and have really, really pale skin and blue eyes, and you are insinuating that I have to support trump. Why? I think that he is trash.

iu
What does this even mean? Posting pictures is so childish.

Someone was associating my being of European background with supporting the whore/conman in the Oval Office and his white, sexually indeterminate sidekick, both married to hooker-types. Explain this, please.

iu

Someone was associating my being of European background with supporting the whore/conman in the Oval Office and his white, sexually indeterminate sidekick, both married to hooker-types. Explain this, please.

It means you're not American, sissy-boy Trudeau is your leader, and here he is frolicking with a couple of drag queens.

iu

Mrs. Trudeau is hardly a “hooker type”. She was a very successful broadcaster and entrepreneur in her own right before she married Trudeau and comes from similar wealth and background. Certainly not someone looking for wealth and citizenship who doesn’t even live with her husband. Not that I blame Melania for that.

maxresdefault.jpg
Cute family. That's an awful dress on her, though--looks like she's in her bathrobe.

Look closer at the design and the sash around the waist. It's more like a kimono than a bathrobe.

It's a private website, and they said that they aren't going to ban people because they are Republican or Democrat, just that they won't allow postings in support of Trump. The reason they gave was because they don't have enough room to allow everyone their point of view, so they just want to keep it focused on knitting and fiber arts.

Hmmm...the admin said something different to what you are saying. FTA: “We cannot provide a space that is inclusive of all and also allow support for open white supremacy. Support of the Trump administration is undeniably support for white supremacy,” the site’s administrators said in a post.

Not only are they banning verbal support but any support. FTA:said that they were making any expression of support for Trump and his administration in forum posts, patterns, on their personal profile pages or elsewhere permanently off limits.

They aren't allowing any artwork supporting Trump on the site.

It isn't surprising that the holier than thou left is this intolerant to others opinions and just label everything they don't like as racist to try to shut things down.

iu

It means you're not American, sissy-boy Trudeau is your leader, and here he is frolicking with a couple of drag queens.

I am an American through and through, born and raised in one of the original colonies and rode in the July 4th parades with red/white/blue crepe paper between the spokes of my bike. I am someone who stood up and saluted the television when our flag was planted on the moon. Who are you, who flies the flag of traitors, to tell me who I am? You apparently are not an American. I certainly respect our neighbors to the north.

I can tell that you love your sissy-boys, trump and pigpence, but don't look to me to support these two queers.

It's a private website, and they said that they aren't going to ban people because they are Republican or Democrat, just that they won't allow postings in support of Trump. The reason they gave was because they don't have enough room to allow everyone their point of view, so they just want to keep it focused on knitting and fiber arts.
They'd have to be wingnuts to put their postings supporting Trump on a knitting website anyway. Paid shills, no doubt. Knit or move on.

You didn't read the article did you, either that or you can't comprehend what was written.

iu

Mrs. Trudeau is hardly a “hooker type”. She was a very successful broadcaster and entrepreneur in her own right before she married Trudeau and comes from similar wealth and background. Certainly not someone looking for wealth and citizenship who doesn’t even live with her husband. Not that I blame Melania for that.

Sure sounds like you are ripping Melania Trump.

I have two questions.

One, why are people on a knitting website talking about politics?

Two, why is the knitting website itself feeling the need to talk about politics?
Maybe the same reason political site would talk about knitting.

We aren't talking about knitting. We're talking about politics. If anyone starts giving directions on how to keep the yarn from tangling, then we'll be talking about knitting.
Why do you think that political forums have off topic boards?

A knitting site might also bring up Trump because a member wants to knit a MAGA scarf.

iu

Sure sounds like you are ripping Melania Trump.

My comment was about melania and karen, who sexually service trump and pigpence. I hope that they are both paid well.

Forum List

Back