Real white supremacists get their just desserts

I have two questions.

One, why are people on a knitting website talking about politics?

Two, why is the knitting website itself feeling the need to talk about politics?

I have two questions.

Two, why is the knitting website itself feeling the need to talk about politics?

I don't think it's about talking, it's about Pro-Trump Knitting patterns.

Of course Anti Trump patterns will still be allowed.

It's a private website, and they said that they aren't going to ban people because they are Republican or Democrat, just that they won't allow postings in support of Trump. The reason they gave was because they don't have enough room to allow everyone their point of view, so they just want to keep it focused on knitting and fiber arts.
They'd have to be wingnuts to put their postings supporting Trump on a knitting website anyway. Paid shills, no doubt. Knit or move on.

What about Trump supporters that post Pro-Trump knitting patterns?

You don't think people like that exist?
I guess they'll have to take them to a different site. Bet there's more than one knitting site out there.

It's a private website, and they said that they aren't going to ban people because they are Republican or Democrat, just that they won't allow postings in support of Trump. The reason they gave was because they don't have enough room to allow everyone their point of view, so they just want to keep it focused on knitting and fiber arts.
They'd have to be wingnuts to put their postings supporting Trump on a knitting website anyway. Paid shills, no doubt. Knit or move on.

I guess they'll have to take them to a different site. Bet there's more than one knitting site out there.

Something that niche usually doesn't have many sites to work with.

But I guess political balkanization is OK with you, because it isn't your views getting thrust down the memory hole.

How convenient.

CFDfE9GWMAASBrn.jpg

But I guess political balkanization is OK with you, because it isn't your views getting thrust down the memory hole.

How convenient.
Oh brother, am I ever sick of the constant whines around here about censorship of the damned Alt Right. If they weren't glaumed on to Trump's coattails and hanging on for dear life, come political demolition or not, no one would be censoring a thing like mentioning Trump politics. But when Trump comes up, suddenly people start spouting bullshit such as we hear on this site all day every day and to be honest I don't blame them for wanting to keep that kind of dialogue outta there.

I kinda thought the site probably told their knitters to can the political talk regardless of who it is about. But no, they're coming right out and saying it's the Trump crap they want to steer clear of.

There's a lot of bad actors flying under the Trump banner. Don't worry. They are not going to be forgotten. "Thrust down the memory hole" indeed. How dramatic!

I have two questions.

I don't know that I've ever seen a pro-Trump knitting pattern, or would even be able to picture such a thing.

But hey, if these folks want to take political sides on a knitting website and alienate half their membership, more power to them. They should just remember how very easily a new website can take over the "biggest knitting group" title.

I have two questions.

Maybe the same reason political site would talk about knitting.

We aren't talking about knitting. We're talking about politics. If anyone starts giving directions on how to keep the yarn from tangling, then we'll be talking about knitting.

How convenient.
Oh brother, am I ever sick of the constant whines around here about censorship of the damned Alt Right. If they weren't glaumed on to Trump's coattails and hanging on for dear life, come political demolition or not, no one would be censoring a thing like mentioning Trump politics. But when Trump comes up, suddenly people start spouting bullshit such as we hear on this site all day every day and to be honest I don't blame them for wanting to keep that kind of dialogue outta there.

I kinda thought the site probably told their knitters to can the political talk regardless of who it is about. But no, they're coming right out and saying it's the Trump crap they want to steer clear of.

There's a lot of bad actors flying under the Trump banner. Don't worry. They are not going to be forgotten. "Thrust down the memory hole" indeed. How dramatic!

How would you like it if your views were the ones being suppressed?

This is a knitting community. I'm sure some old lady out there is making Trump Cozies, or MAGA quilts.

So she wants to show off her work, why is her work being singled out?

Oh yes, because Trump is an "obvious white supremacist", a Claim made often, but never ever backed up with anything but the deluded mewling of progressive morons.

More than anyone could count.

I have two questions.

I don't know that I've ever seen a pro-Trump knitting pattern, or would even be able to picture such a thing.

But hey, if these folks want to take political sides on a knitting website and alienate half their membership, more power to them. They should just remember how very easily a new website can take over the "biggest knitting group" title.

Behold the glory of the Trump Tea pot cozie.

cb75ab2dc507acf4d9415785f8376a91.jpg

How convenient.

Since when is knitting "niche"? It and other needle crafts are actually quite popular hobbies. And there's a lot of them.

I think this is a bad and ridiculous call on Ravelry's part, but they have every right to make it. And the sensible - the ONLY - response is to beat feet, in cyber terms. Fastest and most legitimate way to teach them to keep their personal opinions out of their business.

I have two questions.

OMG. What has been seen cannot be unseen!

How convenient.

Since when is knitting "niche"? It and other needle crafts are actually quite popular hobbies. And there's a lot of them.

I think this is a bad and ridiculous call on Ravelry's part, but they have every right to make it. And the sensible - the ONLY - response is to beat feet, in cyber terms. Fastest and most legitimate way to teach them to keep their personal opinions out of their business.

The funny thing is it wasn't even their own idea. They stole the concept from RPG.net.

Tolerant left hacks at it again, following the Technical Cleansing manual

"One of the biggest knitting websites in the world, which claims to have more than 8 million members, has announced that it will ban users from expressing support for Donald Trump, saying that to do so constitutes “white supremacy”."

'White supremacy': popular knitting website Ravelry bans support for Trump

If anyone had doubts whether to vote for Trump, this should settle it. These morons need to be taught a lesson.

America is a majority white country and will continue to be so as the population replacement attempts of these morons are stopped.
Nonsense.

This has nothing to do with 'the left.'

And as already correctly noted, it's a private website at liberty to edit content as it sees fit.

How convenient.

How would you like it if your views were the ones being suppressed?

This is a knitting community. I'm sure some old lady out there is making Trump Cozies, or MAGA quilts.

So she wants to show off her work, why is her work being singled out?

Oh yes, because Trump is an "obvious white supremacist", a Claim made often, but never ever backed up with anything but the deluded mewling of progressive morons.
No one's 'views' are being 'suppressed.' She can show off her creations on another site or her Facebook page.

I have two questions.

OMG. What has been seen cannot be unseen!

Now the real question is one that seems to be anti-trump, (orange, as an octopus) still acceptable?

th

Forum List

Back