Real white supremacists get their just desserts

Aside from this being knitting website (oh, please!), do explain what support for donald trump has to do with being "white." You are asserting that support for him is a racial thing, so let's hear it. I'm of European heritage on both sides, and have really, really pale skin and blue eyes, and you are insinuating that I have to support trump. Why? I think that he is trash.

You don't have to support Trump, this is your country's leader:

iu
What does this even mean? Posting pictures is so childish.

Someone was associating my being of European background with supporting the whore/conman in the Oval Office and his white, sexually indeterminate sidekick, both married to hooker-types. Explain this, please.

Mrs. Trudeau is hardly a “hooker type”. She was a very successful broadcaster and entrepreneur in her own right before she married Trudeau and comes from similar wealth and background. Certainly not someone looking for wealth and citizenship who doesn’t even live with her husband. Not that I blame Melania for that.

Sure sounds like you are ripping Melania Trump.

I don't have a lot of respect for women who marry much older men for money. It's clear she cannot stand her husband, he publically cheats on her, and yet she stays in the marriage for some form, even if they're not living in the same house. I also note that in the filings for her libel suit, she said she planned to monetize her position as First Lady.

And then there's the fake boobs, the botox, the plastic surgery. There really is nothing about her that I find admirable.

Then you don’t have a lot of respect for Hillary who stayed with Bill after numerous affairs? Did you respect Jackie Kennedy who stayed married to JFK while he had public affairs and slept with prostitutes? What about LBJ and his almost 30 year affair and Lady Bird stuck by him? You find the, all admirable? Did Hillary’s and Chelsea’s plastic surgery offend you? What about Pelosi’s?

iu

Someone was associating my being of European background with supporting the whore/conman in the Oval Office and his white, sexually indeterminate sidekick, both married to hooker-types. Explain this, please.

Mrs. Trudeau is hardly a “hooker type”. She was a very successful broadcaster and entrepreneur in her own right before she married Trudeau and comes from similar wealth and background. Certainly not someone looking for wealth and citizenship who doesn’t even live with her husband. Not that I blame Melania for that.

I don't have a lot of respect for women who marry much older men for money. It's clear she cannot stand her husband, he publically cheats on her, and yet she stays in the marriage for some form, even if they're not living in the same house. I also note that in the filings for her libel suit, she said she planned to monetize her position as First Lady.

And then there's the fake boobs, the botox, the plastic surgery. There really is nothing about her that I find admirable.

Then you don’t have a lot of respect for Hillary who stayed with Bill after numerous affairs? Did you respect Jackie Kennedy who stayed married to JFK while he had public affairs and slept with prostitutes? What about LBJ and his almost 30 year affair and Lady Bird stuck by him? You find the, all admirable? Did Hillary’s and Chelsea’s plastic surgery offend you? What about Pelosi’s?

Now, now..you know that's a 1-way street. Why kid yourself?

My comment was about melania and karen, who sexually service trump and pigpence. I hope that they are both paid well.

You are right, I wonder if Jacqueline Kennedy, Lady Bird and Hillary were well paid to turn the other way when their husbands had affairs?

None of those First Ladies were trophy wives for their husbands. All were of a similar age, and came from the same background and wealth that their husbands came from. The Clintons were both working class people. The Kennedys were both from wealth and privilege. Lady Bird wasn't 20 years younger than LBJ. They married right out of college.

Melania dated Trump while he was still married to Marla, and she knew who and what he was when she married him. It's not even a real marriage. She married Trump and had a child right away. An anchor baby to give her a claim on the Trump wealth, just like Marla Maples. Melania stuck around longer. But she was a grown up who knew what she was doing. It's a time honoured tradition for beautiful young models to snag themselves a rich old man when they're ready to retire. I just find it all more than a tad sleazy. But then I never aspired to be a trophy wife. And I never wanted to be owned by my husband, and that's what she is - bought and paid for.

So the fact that they were the same age dismisses the fact that they stuck with their men because of their power?

And you claim Trumps child is an anchor baby? You have proof? Do you know what was in the prenups?

It is a knitting website, Marty. There is no reason for a political message on a knitting website. I am on several professional discussion forums. None of us bring up Trump because it is not the appropriate place for it. Neither is a knitting website.

As I said before, when I was on that site many years ago, they had several political forums, in which it was perfectly fine and acceptable to discuss politics, as long as you didn't express views that the owner of the site found disagreeable.

I think that goes too far, as well. However, there are plenty of racists and white supremacists supporting him and when you invite open discussion you have opened the door to them all. Maybe the Republicans in general should have been a little more careful the company they keep.
Also, have you considered how monumentally hypocritical you're being . . . again?

Indeed. Among TRump supports, among mainstream conservatives, among Republicans, the most that can be said about us and white supremecasist abd racists is that we grudgingly tolerate them. The overwhelming vast majority of us do not agree with them.

Look at the company that the left wrong keeps. Violent criminals. Degenerate sexual perverts. Foreign invaders. Traitors. Child murderers. Truly the very lowest dregs of barely-humanity. They do not just tolerate this filth; they embrace and uphold it. And then they dare to point a finger at us, and judge us, because a scattered handful of racists choose to align more with us than with them; never mind their own solid roots in far more extreme racism than anything that they can point to on our side.

OeDQ2Hp.jpg

Last edited:
No, the article said that the replies and the arguments were what they didn't want to cope with. POLITICAL ARGUMENT AND INSULTS like we do here every day, instead of knitting. Do you get that now? Read the article.

Do they still have political forums on Ravelry, as they did when I was there all those years ago? Do they still allow the expression of LIbEral political views in those forums, while suppressing the expression of conservative views, as they did when I was there?

It's been many years since I was there but as far as I can see, the only difference that their new stated policy makes is that now they are openly admitting to censoring a narrow category of opinion; which I have no doubt they were already censoring all along anyway.

You know, USMB is a private website, and even though there aren't too many rules on what can and can't be posted about, there are certain subjects that are taboo and can get a person banned.

If that can happen on here, why should other websites not be allowed the same freedoms?
Why are so many unable to grasp the simple concept that we can and do discuss things that certainly are legal and/or 'allowed.' They should be allowed to do such things. We damn should call them out for it as well every chance we get and squash anyone trying to control discourse like this on any real scale.

The problem is that they are banning the current president of the united states, calling supporters racist and allowing any other political discourse to continue. Further, it seems that even knitting Trump is not allowed. The bias a disgusting hate is blatant and so many here think such things are not caustic or downright wrong.

This is where downright dangerous sentiments like this come from:
Joe Biden responds to critics after calling Pence a 'decent guy' - CNNPolitics

or a thousand other examples of vilifying half the nation to the point that refusing to work with them is the PREFERABLE stance. We are coming to a point where the right and left hate each other so much that our political system will cease to function.

Now, now..you know that's a 1-way street. Why kid yourself?

I like seeing how they justify their conclusions. Makes for entertaining reading.

None of those First Ladies were trophy wives for their husbands. All were of a similar age, and came from the same background and wealth that their husbands came from. The Clintons were both working class people. The Kennedys were both from wealth and privilege. Lady Bird wasn't 20 years younger than LBJ. They married right out of college.

Melania dated Trump while he was still married to Marla, and she knew who and what he was when she married him. It's not even a real marriage. She married Trump and had a child right away. An anchor baby to give her a claim on the Trump wealth, just like Marla Maples. Melania stuck around longer. But she was a grown up who knew what she was doing. It's a time honoured tradition for beautiful young models to snag themselves a rich old man when they're ready to retire. I just find it all more than a tad sleazy. But then I never aspired to be a trophy wife. And I never wanted to be owned by my husband, and that's what she is - bought and paid for.

Hillary was a $5.00 hooker and a back ally abortionist to pay her way through college.

Just search ¨walkaway¨ on any social media and you will see a huge number of people of all races and lifestyles who have found acceptance and open arms in the Republican Party after being ostracized by the Left. In fairness, if they are going to ban one side of an issue, they should ban both sides. You can bash the president all you want but you can’t support. (this from the “tolerant” ones)" These people are nuts! Ravelry used to be a great place for knitters, spinners, crocheters, etc of all political, religious, lifestyle persuasions. After Trump was elected, the leftists went nuts and we had pussy hats and every vulgar and nasty thing you could imagine said about the president and anyone who supports him. This move by Ravelry is just the last straw for most of us who are conservatives. Talk about offensive! Trump supporters aren't the offensive ones here.

iu

My comment was about melania and karen, who sexually service trump and pigpence. I hope that they are both paid well.

You are right, I wonder if Jacqueline Kennedy, Lady Bird and Hillary were well paid to turn the other way when their husbands had affairs?

Funny that you only mention Democrats. Bush had affairs. Was Barbara well paid? I spoke of melania and karen because they actually have sex with trump and pence, actually have allowed them to invade their bodies, which is pretty disgusting. It's just vulgar.

Funny that you only mention Democrats. Bush had affairs. Was Barbara well paid? I spoke of melania and karen because they actually have sex with trump and pence, actually have allowed them to invade their bodies, which is pretty disgusting. It's just vulgar.

You are vulgar, yet they let you invade here.

Something that niche usually doesn't have many sites to work with.

But I guess political balkanization is OK with you, because it isn't your views getting thrust down the memory hole.

How convenient.
Oh brother, am I ever sick of the constant whines around here about censorship of the damned Alt Right. If they weren't glaumed on to Trump's coattails and hanging on for dear life, come political demolition or not, no one would be censoring a thing like mentioning Trump politics. But when Trump comes up, suddenly people start spouting bullshit such as we hear on this site all day every day and to be honest I don't blame them for wanting to keep that kind of dialogue outta there.

I kinda thought the site probably told their knitters to can the political talk regardless of who it is about. But no, they're coming right out and saying it's the Trump crap they want to steer clear of.

There's a lot of bad actors flying under the Trump banner. Don't worry. They are not going to be forgotten. "Thrust down the memory hole" indeed. How dramatic!

How would you like it if your views were the ones being suppressed?

This is a knitting community. I'm sure some old lady out there is making Trump Cozies, or MAGA quilts.

So she wants to show off her work, why is her work being singled out?

Oh yes, because Trump is an "obvious white supremacist", a Claim made often, but never ever backed up with anything but the deluded mewling of progressive morons.
No one's 'views' are being 'suppressed.' She can show off her creations on another site or her Facebook page.

A person was able to post, now they are not. The view is suppressed. That they can go to another outlet does not eliminate the original reason they HAD to go to another outlet.

Progressives want their cake and to eat it too. They want to ban speech and thought they find hateful, but they don't want to be seen as doing so.
It is a knitting website, Marty. There is no reason for a political message on a knitting website. I am on several professional discussion forums. None of us bring up Trump because it is not the appropriate place for it. Neither is a knitting website.

So a pro-trump knitting pattern has no place on a knitting website?

Did they ban anti-trump patterns?

I don't think it's about talking, it's about Pro-Trump Knitting patterns.

Of course Anti Trump patterns will still be allowed.

I don't know that I've ever seen a pro-Trump knitting pattern, or would even be able to picture such a thing.

But hey, if these folks want to take political sides on a knitting website and alienate half their membership, more power to them. They should just remember how very easily a new website can take over the "biggest knitting group" title.

Behold the glory of the Trump Tea pot cozie.

cb75ab2dc507acf4d9415785f8376a91.jpg
Okay, so where did you folks all get the same story--Fox?

Google search for Trump Knitted Cozy.

It's not that hard. all of 5 seconds.
Fox or Limbaugh? No, he wouldn't have the pic. Breitbart then?

g.o.o.g.l.e. s.e.a.r.c.h.

try it sometime.

I don't think it's about talking, it's about Pro-Trump Knitting patterns.

Of course Anti Trump patterns will still be allowed.

I don't know that I've ever seen a pro-Trump knitting pattern, or would even be able to picture such a thing.

But hey, if these folks want to take political sides on a knitting website and alienate half their membership, more power to them. They should just remember how very easily a new website can take over the "biggest knitting group" title.

Behold the glory of the Trump Tea pot cozie.

cb75ab2dc507acf4d9415785f8376a91.jpg

OMG. What has been seen cannot be unseen!

Now the real question is one that seems to be anti-trump, (orange, as an octopus) still acceptable?

th

I'm not sure how flattering any of it is, when you get right down to it. Trump probably isn't thrilled to be seen shaped like a teapot. Or maybe he is. Six of one, half-dozen of the other, and a stupid frigging hill for this website to choose to die on.

A attention hog like him probably loves the tea-cozy. He probably gets a kick out of the orange octopus one as well, because it means he's gotten under someone's skin.

Tolerant left hacks at it again, following the Technical Cleansing manual

"One of the biggest knitting websites in the world, which claims to have more than 8 million members, has announced that it will ban users from expressing support for Donald Trump, saying that to do so constitutes “white supremacy”."

'White supremacy': popular knitting website Ravelry bans support for Trump

If anyone had doubts whether to vote for Trump, this should settle it. These morons need to be taught a lesson.

America is a majority white country and will continue to be so as the population replacement attempts of these morons are stopped.

Ravelry is a world wide knitting resource site. It is completely non-political. There is aboslutely no reason to take politics into that website, and especially not white supremacy, which should be banned discourse at all privately owned websites in the world.

The vast, vast majority of the membership of Ravelry.com are women. If a privately owned website wants to ban discussion about a man which who has publically admitted that he enjoys sexually assaulting women and boot assholes like you from promoting his toxic masculinity, I say good for them

The fact that you deem this worthy of commentary at all, shows that you're the obsessed loon here because you have absolutely no reason whatsoever to use that website. You're not smart enough to learn to knit.

Trump is not a white Supremacist. That is a construct made up by addle minded, mewling progressive twat-waddles such as yourself.
I think that goes too far, as well. However, there are plenty of racists and white supremacists supporting him and when you invite open discussion you have opened the door to them all. Maybe the Republicans in general should have been a little more careful the company they keep.

And there are plenty of Che loving commie idiots that support democrats.

Guess which ones are more of a threat to our way of life?

Something that niche usually doesn't have many sites to work with.

But I guess political balkanization is OK with you, because it isn't your views getting thrust down the memory hole.

How convenient.
Oh brother, am I ever sick of the constant whines around here about censorship of the damned Alt Right. If they weren't glaumed on to Trump's coattails and hanging on for dear life, come political demolition or not, no one would be censoring a thing like mentioning Trump politics. But when Trump comes up, suddenly people start spouting bullshit such as we hear on this site all day every day and to be honest I don't blame them for wanting to keep that kind of dialogue outta there.

I kinda thought the site probably told their knitters to can the political talk regardless of who it is about. But no, they're coming right out and saying it's the Trump crap they want to steer clear of.

There's a lot of bad actors flying under the Trump banner. Don't worry. They are not going to be forgotten. "Thrust down the memory hole" indeed. How dramatic!

How would you like it if your views were the ones being suppressed?

This is a knitting community. I'm sure some old lady out there is making Trump Cozies, or MAGA quilts.

So she wants to show off her work, why is her work being singled out?

Oh yes, because Trump is an "obvious white supremacist", a Claim made often, but never ever backed up with anything but the deluded mewling of progressive morons.
No one's 'views' are being 'suppressed.' She can show off her creations on another site or her Facebook page.

A person was able to post, now they are not. The view is suppressed. That they can go to another outlet does not eliminate the original reason they HAD to go to another outlet.

Progressives want their cake and to eat it too. They want to ban speech and thought they find hateful, but they don't want to be seen as doing so.

THIS OPINION IS BROUGHT TO YOU BY THE SAME PEOPLE WHO BELIEVE THE BAKER SHOULD NOT HAVE TO BAKE THAT CAKE.

If you go to Ravelry and start posting about Donald Trump, I want you gone too. I don't take my politics to Ravelry, and I don't want Trump brought into the discussions as to whether KnitPicks City Tweed has comparable yardage to Rowan's Sport Weight.

Where have I demanded government action to correct this?

Stop saying this is just about talking about Trump on the site. If you make a pro-Trump pattern, like that tea cozy, they will ban you. Make one that mocks Trump, they are fine with it.

Real white supremacists get their just deserts
Knitting website bans Trump: Backing president is ‘undeniably support for white supremacy'
by Ellie Bufkin
| June 23, 2019 02:30 PM
A popular website devoted to knitting and crochet enthusiasts announced Sunday on Twitter that they will no longer allow knitting projects or patterns that feature support for President Trump or his administration.
"Ravelry" said the ban will further extend to any forum talk of support for the president or user profiles that mention support of Trump or his associates. They stated, "We are banning support of Donald Trump and his administration on Ravelry. We cannot provide a space that is inclusive of all and also allow support for open white supremacy."

We cannot provide a space that is inclusive of all and also allow support for open white supremacy. Support of the Trump administration is undeniably support for white supremacy.

Read the rest and their sup[er inclusive policy @
Knitting website bans Trump: Backing president is ‘undeniably support for white supremacy'
We all know knitting clubs are hot beds of racist white nationalist.
Thank god for the vigilant Nazi left who politicize everything .

Ravelry

✔@ravelry

· 13h

We are banning support of Donald Trump and his administration on Ravelry. We cannot provide a space that is inclusive of all and also allow support for open white supremacy. More details: https://ravelry.com/content/no-trump …

Pancho@Pancho93528792

I could cry. What has the world come to. In a forum thread I just remarked how I admire Donald Trump and this is what I immediately received in my in-box:

8:58 AM - Jun 23, 2019
Twitter Ads info and privacy

b24fdd427b63e8f39d158195af4aba9122c6bf501193ebcd1ce884aeadf08735.jpg

My wife and I were both active on that site, for a while, many years ago. Although primarily oriented toward knitting and related crafts (which were of interest to my wife, but not so much to me), it also featured a wide range of other forums in which other topics could be discussed, including politics.

Even in the political forums, there was, back then, a strong moderation bias against conservative views. I kept having posts deleted, and eventually getting banned from one forum after another, for expressing even mildly conservative opinions. Back then, there wasn't any stated policy against conservative views, but in practice, there was little tolerance. I don't think I was there for more than a month or two, before I gave up on that site, and left it for good,never looking back. My wife left it soon afterward, for different reasons. She really felt that that site was not nearly so much about knitting and crafts, as it claimed, but more about forming exclusive social cliques, in a manner that she never fit into.

Also, one rather stupid thing about this site, that irritated me, was that anywhere an apostrophe (') appeared in a post, the site would change it to a closing single quote (’). When I expressed, in a support forum on that site, that I thought this was incorrect, and in any case, I objected to having my writings mutilated in such a way as to make it appear that I was using the incorrect character in that context, I was banned from that support forum.

It's not really surprising to see that now they've taken the stand of openly saying that they will not tolerate content that supports President Trump. If anything, it is surprising that they have taken this long to reach the point of openly admitting to censoring such content.
I've been talking on msg boards since 1999. If liberals run a site you can get booted for saying Muslims sometimes are wrong. Liberals are the most intolerant people on the planet.

Forum List

Back