Real Religion?

Religions should not be exempt from any laws since they are businesses like any other.

Religions should not be exempt from any laws since they are businesses like any other.

Got that right! What I do not understand is what makes this one a cult and not the others? They are all full of bologna

People are starting to really pummel this mind control cult. It's time to blow the lid off their phony religious exemption, bankrupting members, breaking up families, forcing women to have abortions and running slave labor camps on U.S. soil.

Video - Breaking News Videos from CNN.com
Which cult would that be?...Goebbels warming or the Democrat Party?

Democrats are a cult and they absolutely have their religious leader in obama. They should go too.

People are starting to really pummel this mind control cult. It's time to blow the lid off their phony religious exemption, bankrupting members, breaking up families, forcing women to have abortions and running slave labor camps on U.S. soil.

What possible difference does it make? Joseph Smith, Muhammed, L. Ron Hubbard, Moses, Jesus of Nazareth, St. Paul, Constantine,the Pope...one bold faced liar is as good as another. What's the difference in believing you're gonna be reincarnated 10,000 times or enjoy 72 virgins and believing you're gonna meet your ghost pal floating on a cloud to live in bliss forever while those who believe another dose of bullshit roast in a fiery pit? A load of shit by any other name is yet as sweet.

People who are unable to accept their mortality will fall for a thousand lines of horse shit.

This rank, superstitious nonsense proves that P.T. Barnum knew what he was talking about when he said, "There's A Sucker Born Every Minute"

Last edited:
Democrats are a cult and they absolutely have their religious leader in obama. They should go too.

If democrats belong to a cult, then so do republicans.

I don't know if Katzndogs is purposely making the same point that Carl Jung expressed about religious fervor being replaced with political fervor, but if he is, then I understand the point, simply because Democrats tend to value the state more so than Republicans.

Jung held that humanity has a religious drive, and has had one throughout written history and probably well before it. The left tendency to replace God with State effectively dislocates this drive and results in a fanaticism similar to the church-states of the Dark Ages. The more the state is "worshipped," the more freedom and morality are suppressed, and the more marginalized the individual becomes.

This is one of the reasons why religious freedom is so important, and why both the Free Exercise and Establishment clauses of the 1st Amendment should be fully embraced by everybody, theists and atheists alike.

Sources:
Jung, Carl (1960). Psychology and Religion. The Vail-Ballou Press ic.. p. 59.
Jung, Carl (2006). The Undiscovered Self: The Problem of the Individual in Modern Society. New American Library. p. 23

I don't know if Katzndogs is purposely making the same point that Carl Jung expressed about religious fervor being replaced with political fervor, but if he is, then I understand the point, simply because Democrats tend to value the state more so than Republicans.

Jung held that humanity has a religious drive, and has had one throughout written history and probably well before it. The left tendency to replace God with State effectively dislocates this drive and results in a fanaticism similar to the church-states of the Dark Ages. The more the state is "worshipped," the more freedom and morality are suppressed, and the more marginalized the individual becomes.

This is one of the reasons why religious freedom is so important, and why both the Free Exercise and Establishment clauses of the 1st Amendment should be fully embraced by everybody, theists and atheists alike.

Sources:
Jung, Carl (2006). The Undiscovered Self: The Problem of the Individual in Modern Society. New American Library. p. 23

The bottom line is this. When anybody, ANYBODY believes they will live in eternal bliss while I roast in hell because I choose to believe something other than they do....they can all kiss my Big Orange, East Tennessee Volunteer Coon Dawg Ass!

Sources:

The bottom line is this. When anybody, ANYBODY believes they will live in eternal bliss while I roast in hell because I choose to believe something other than they do....they can all kiss my Big Orange, East Tennessee Volunteer Coon Dawg Ass!

If you lack respect for others, at least have enough self-respect to reserve comment when you have nothing meaningful to contribute. You will appear less foolish.

Sources:

If you lack respect for others, at least have enough self-respect to reserve comment when you have nothing meaningful to contribute. You will appear less foolish.

Here's the foolishness....it can be found over and over and over ad nauseum in the new testament. Hell is mentioned 162 times, 70 by Jesus himself:

John 3
18 Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe stands condemned already because he has not believed in the name of God's one and only Son.

Luke 16
24 "The rich man shouted, 'Father Abraham, have some pity! Send Lazarus over here to dip the tip of his finger in water and cool my tongue. I am in anguish in these flames."

Here's the foolishness....it can be found over and over and over ad nauseum in the new testament. Hell is mentioned 162 times, 70 by Jesus himself:

John 3
18 Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe stands condemned already because he has not believed in the name of God's one and only Son.

Luke 16
24 "The rich man shouted, 'Father Abraham, have some pity! Send Lazarus over here to dip the tip of his finger in water and cool my tongue. I am in anguish in these flames."

Whatever floats your boat, but that's not even remotely what I was taking about. If you're going to bother responding to my posts, try addressing what I'm posting, or does your anti-religion fanaticism make that too difficult for you?

Except for that pesky first amendment.

"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof"

As with the 2nd amendment, people are free to attempt to repleal this part of the first. Until then, no go.

Except for that pesky first amendment.

"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof"

As with the 2nd amendment, people are free to attempt to repleal this part of the first. Until then, no go.

That becomes a moot point:

Survey finds 19% without religious affiliation ? USATODAY.com

"Unbelief is on the uptick. People who check "None" for their religious affiliation are now nearly one in five Americans (19%), the highest ever documented, according to the Pew Center for the People and the Press."

What possible difference does it make? Joseph Smith, Muhammed, L. Ron Hubbard, Moses, Jesus of Nazareth, St. Paul, Constantine,the Pope...one bold faced liar is as good as another. What's the difference in believing you're gonna be reincarnated 10,000 times or enjoy 72 virgins and believing you're gonna meet your ghost pal floating on a cloud to live in bliss forever while those who believe another dose of bullshit roast in a fiery pit? A load of shit by any other name is yet as sweet.

People who are unable to accept their mortality will fall for a thousand lines of horse shit.

This rank, superstitious nonsense proves that P.T. Barnum knew what he was talking about when he said, "There's A Sucker Born Every Minute"

The main difference is that I don't know of any other religion that runs slave labor camps right here in the U.S. One way they get away with it is because of people saying "they're all the same". There's something qualitatively different about Scientology in that their pretensions to religion are just for show. At least most others, whether you believe their doctrines or not, sincerely adhere to them. Scientology only pushes them to get a tax advantage for their money-making enterprises.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7nbF78dPK3g]Scientology: Dentists Defrauded 1/10 - YouTube[/ame]

First in a series.

The main difference is that I don't know of any other religion that runs slave labor camps right here in the U.S. One way they get away with it is because of people saying "they're all the same". There's something qualitatively different about Scientology in that their pretensions to religion are just for show. At least most others, whether you believe their doctrines or not, sincerely adhere to them. Scientology only pushes them to get a tax advantage for their money-making enterprises.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7nbF78dPK3g]Scientology: Dentists Defrauded 1/10 - YouTube[/ame]

First in a series.

Jim Jones and the Kool-Aid and David Koresh at Waco come to mind:

The church body as a whole is opportunistic. For a thousand years they required infant
baptism but when the public rejected the "born in sin" concept and began to stay away
they ignored their previous position and avoided all the scripture it was based on.
They get real interested when donations begin to falter.The scripture is still there.

For thousands of years the church hunted down, tortured and killed innocent young women for practicing witchcraft. Now that we all know there's no such thing as a witch they have shut up about it...the scripture is still there.

For more than 4000 years the church tolerated slavery and sometimes accomodated it. When one human owning another was no longer a fad or socially acceptable the church shut up about it and they never preach about it at all. All the scripture about slaves obeying their masters etc. is still in the bible but one never hears a word about it from the church.

Nothing is new about all this...the church is presently in the process of distancing itself
from the flame and heat concept for one reason and one reason only...it doesn't work any more. Most people, regardless of what they say in public, are no longer "AFRAID" of god. They live their lives in the most convenient and comfortable way they can and somehow believe an hour and a half a week and a little of their money dropped into the collection plate is enough to be troubled by religious activity.

The bible's message is two fold and what's happening in the modern society is that at least half of it is being ignored by both the church and it's members. Any negative scripture or any negative thoughts are basically ignored and in addition to that all the sermons which used to be hell fire and brimstone in nature are now carefully worded and slanted toward hell being the absence from god and his angels. Just another desperate ploy attempting to maintain attendance and donations.

While the church has amassed enormous wealth all over the world youngsters by the hundreds of millions have starved to death.

Last edited:
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7SZbdOkKcu4]Scientology: Dentists Defrauded 2/10 - YouTube[/ame]

Forum List

Back