Real Religion?

Jim Jones and the Kool-Aid and David Koresh at Waco come to mind.

All very interesting, but I was talking about Scientology. Jones and Koresh are dead and we know all about their stories. Scientology is still getting away with their crimes, still breaking up families, still milking people for every last penny, still running prison/slave labor camps, etc., long after Hubbard's death. How is that even comparable to present day practices in the mainline churches that were the focus of your post? It's NOT all the same.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2t5BMG5efsc]Scientology: Dentists Defrauded 3/10 - YouTube[/ame]

Jim Jones and the Kool-Aid and David Koresh at Waco come to mind.

All very interesting, but I was talking about Scientology. Jones and Koresh are dead and we know all about their stories. Scientology is still getting away with their crimes, still breaking up families, still milking people for every last penny, still running prison/slave labor camps, etc., long after Hubbard's death. How is that even comparable to present day practices in the mainline churches that were the focus of your post? It's NOT all the same.

Oh...still going on. I have news for you. Religion has been milking common people, torturing, killing, taking their money, etc. for as long as mankind has been able to talk. They're no more than sophisticated witch doctors. My take on that is if the victims are going about it willingly.....screw 'em. Folks are always harping on less government and more freedom....have at it.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LgVH4JIorj4]Scientology: Dentists Defrauded 4/10 - YouTube[/ame]

Oh...still going on. I have news for you. Religion has been milking common people, torturing, killing, taking their money, etc. for as long as mankind has been able to talk. They're no more than sophisticated witch doctors. My take on that is if the victims are going about it willingly.....screw 'em. Folks are always harping on less government and more freedom....have at it.

Now YOU'RE starting to sound like a Scientologist. That's the attitude of the administrators, when they fleece people of everything they have. You keep harping on religion in general, but don't seem to want to consider my point that this ISN'T a religion like the others. Most religions hold their beliefs sincerely, while in Scientology it's just a pretense to line the pockets of upper management.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1T5R1p6ekRs]Scientology: Dentists Defrauded 5/10 - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s-wyGnYAJP4]Scientology: Dentists Defrauded 6/10 - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z26L9RMqXvk]Scientology: Dentists Defrauded 7/10 - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aZu1waD4Omc]Scientology: Dentists Defrauded 8/10 - YouTube[/ame]

Democrats are a cult and they absolutely have their religious leader in obama. They should go too.

If democrats belong to a cult, then so do republicans.

Dear Katzndogz and Newpolitics: I thanked both your posts because I believe the parties should be treated as religious denominations, and allow members to fund and endorse their own programs thereunder, instead of subjecting taxpayers to one agenda or another.

It should be by free choice, same as religion, instead of bullying by majority-rule which would never fly with endorsing one religious leader over another and expecting people to follow that! This way, people can fund and support networks of prochoice or prolife health care, the death penalty or alternatives, districts with legalized pot or prostitution, guns or no guns (good luck with that! you'll at least need armed police so each district should be able to hire and manage their own level of policing they agree to).

As for R's and D's: I get that most R's believe in either the laws of the Constitution and/or the Bible and are trying to enforce those and don't want the Government imposing a bias against that. But with D's I have trouble getting fellow Democrats on the same page. They get the spirit of choice and freedom, but don't seem to get enforcing things by the letter and rebuking/correcting issues directly with people; a lot of my D and Liberal friends don't think you can correct issues directly with Conservative R's so that is why they tend to rely on the political party system to organize enough votes to rollover the opposition. i don't agree with that. I believe all people should be equally educated and empowered to enforce the laws directly, and not rely on having a majority rule or elected rep by party to defend your rights; it should be automatically enforcible by the written laws, and everyone should have equal protection and representation. But as long as only the "Conservative Christian" types invoke this level of authority to enforce laws directly, then those who don't feel so empowered become oppressed victims to the bigger bullies, and then have to play these political games to override the opposing views by equal and opposite bullying!

So you are right, this turns into cliquish cultish gang wars, taking sides and both trying to run over the other side instead of solving problems together.

The conservatives who invoke authority directly to enforce laws of either the state or the church come across as meaner stronger bullies, and then the liberals respond either by trying to build a bigger bullying machine, or protesting like brats to express rejection.

So both sides would have to stop this bullying and bratty behavior and talk about real solutions to issues. At some point, people will tire of the costs of cleaning up after all the protests by bullies and brats, and maybe then we will all grow up and work on solutions as mature adults. I hope this last round of karmic reaction to Bush will be it, and then we can clean up all the messes made by both parties protesting the other!

The bottom line is this. When anybody, ANYBODY believes they will live in eternal bliss while I roast in hell because I choose to believe something other than they do....they can all kiss my Big Orange, East Tennessee Volunteer Coon Dawg Ass!

You aren't going to roast in hell because of your beliefs. See, even the devils believe in Christ. That belief doesn't save them, it condemns them.

No, if you go to hell, it's going to be because your a stuck up ass who would rather makes excuses for his bitterness and wants to share misery than fix the problems he has in His life and who He has become.

That's what the Gospel is all about after all. It isn't about belief. It's about who we become. You'd know this if you studied the scriptures closely.

If you lack respect for others, at least have enough self-respect to reserve comment when you have nothing meaningful to contribute. You will appear less foolish.

Encouraging people to have wisdom is a radical concept. Especially to those who would ignore the combined wisdom of thousands of years of writers.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QzU2-pqio_I]Scientology: Dentists Defrauded 9/10 - YouTube[/ame]

Democrats are a cult and they absolutely have their religious leader in obama. They should go too.

If democrats belong to a cult, then so do republicans.

Dear Katzndogz and Newpolitics: I thanked both your posts because I believe the parties should be treated as religious denominations, and allow members to fund and endorse their own programs thereunder, instead of subjecting taxpayers to one agenda or another.

It should be by free choice, same as religion, instead of bullying by majority-rule which would never fly with endorsing one religious leader over another and expecting people to follow that! This way, people can fund and support networks of prochoice or prolife health care, the death penalty or alternatives, districts with legalized pot or prostitution, guns or no guns (good luck with that! you'll at least need armed police so each district should be able to hire and manage their own level of policing they agree to).

As for R's and D's: I get that most R's believe in either the laws of the Constitution and/or the Bible and are trying to enforce those and don't want the Government imposing a bias against that. But with D's I have trouble getting fellow Democrats on the same page. They get the spirit of choice and freedom, but don't seem to get enforcing things by the letter and rebuking/correcting issues directly with people; a lot of my D and Liberal friends don't think you can correct issues directly with Conservative R's so that is why they tend to rely on the political party system to organize enough votes to rollover the opposition. i don't agree with that. I believe all people should be equally educated and empowered to enforce the laws directly, and not rely on having a majority rule or elected rep by party to defend your rights; it should be automatically enforcible by the written laws, and everyone should have equal protection and representation. But as long as only the "Conservative Christian" types invoke this level of authority to enforce laws directly, then those who don't feel so empowered become oppressed victims to the bigger bullies, and then have to play these political games to override the opposing views by equal and opposite bullying!

So you are right, this turns into cliquish cultish gang wars, taking sides and both trying to run over the other side instead of solving problems together.

The conservatives who invoke authority directly to enforce laws of either the state or the church come across as meaner stronger bullies, and then the liberals respond either by trying to build a bigger bullying machine, or protesting like brats to express rejection.

So both sides would have to stop this bullying and bratty behavior and talk about real solutions to issues. At some point, people will tire of the costs of cleaning up after all the protests by bullies and brats, and maybe then we will all grow up and work on solutions as mature adults. I hope this last round of karmic reaction to Bush will be it, and then we can clean up all the messes made by both parties protesting the other!

How does the discussion of a group that bilks people out of their life's savings, breaks up families and runs slave labor camps become about the Rs and Ds? :eusa_eh:

How does the discussion of a group that bilks people out of their life's savings, breaks up families and runs slave labor camps become about the Rs and Ds? :eusa_eh:

Don't know. I saw a special with my wife on scientology the other night. It was quite disturbing. If they do anything illegal though, they should be prosecuted. I don't really think that convincing people to voluntarily do stupid things is illegal though.

Don't know. I saw a special with my wife on scientology the other night. It was quite disturbing. If they do anything illegal though, they should be prosecuted. I don't really think that convincing people to voluntarily do stupid things is illegal though.

Depends how you do it. There are laws against fraud.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KZgkpjSgaOg]Scientology: Dentists Defrauded 10/10 - YouTube[/ame]

That may be true when talking about adults, but what of children persuaded to sign billion-year contracts?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bZYGE5jx6VI]Scientology escapee: Tanya Neujahr interview 1/4 - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=reaqXq9quqU]Scientology escapee: Tanya Neujahr interview 2/4 - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LhspQ3-BlNo]Scientology escapee: Tanya Neujahr interview 3/4 - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IqdRFmUITdA]Scientology escapee: Tanya Neujahr interview 4/4 - YouTube[/ame]

Forum List

Back