Real Racism: A History of the Democratic Party

Hilarious.

One wonders if moderators quickly moving fact-based challenges to nutballsim into the forums margins have the integrity to whisk this into the rubber room thread, or if they share racist residuals - er, properly Republican instincts - into the satire thread.

There is not a single HONEST human with a competent education in US history and an IQ above 60 who does not know that well above 90% of the reactionary rebel scum populating the KKK and blighting the pre-1968 Democrat Party converted to Republican Nutballism in the period 1968 and that by 1980 the most popular media description of these unreconstructed rebel white trash was "Reagan Republican".

Nice try, though. The failure of public education makes bogusness like your post believable to cesspool America. Relatively more highly developed nutballs can continue their evolution out of the neocon-fake-conservative big-government-shitpool by doing their own research to validate that reality does not always conform to pedantic, aka, literal, reports.

Oh jeez, give that crap a rest. You're an angry liberal who cannot contend with the facts. Democrats are inherent racists, whether the know it or not, whether you like it or not. Lets stop running from our failures, shall we?

Actually, my political beliefs are fact-based traditional American, something neither halfwit white trash nor fake-liberal meritocrat fascists have demonstrated understanding of. In sum I am a real fiscal conservative and a real individual rights liberal. A real American smart enough to avoid being stampeded by corporate bogusness appealing to my worst instincts.

My politics directly oppose the stampeding human cattle facilitating both corporate-driven parties looting of the US Treasury for thirty-some years.
And every word ever published by me supports that.

Those who post different claims are either liars or illiterate. The first group don't matter to anyone; but as my post above indicates, the second may yet evolve up from today's political cesspool.

After that little rant and cornucopia of ad hominem, you are my first serious candidate for my never used ignore list. It's that kind of language that gives you away.

I support ending the Fed, it has trashed our currency. As for corporations, you lump them all together unfairly, while there are those that are indeed as you say, not all of them are in collusion with the Government like Monsanto or select military contractors.

You've got quite the mouth, but if you ever say "white trash" again, then I will list you among liberals.

I hear of Liberal Democrats championing the causes of racial and gender equality in America today, while admirable, they have ignored their own history. Now, for a little history lesson. Let's do a little research shall we? Let us see who has been more detrimental to the causes of equality. Pay attention students, there will be a quiz at the end of this essay!

During the 1860s, Southern Democrats continually advocated the use of slavery. It took a Republican to slay these racial demons with the 13th Amendment. A major advocate of this being Frederick Douglass, a black Republican abolitionist, diplomat and former slave from Maryland.

During Antebellum, racial equality was continually hampered even after the 13th Amendment's passage; by Democrats who were taking ever increasing majorities in local, state and federal offices, especially during the 1880's. This eventually led to the instatement the Jim Crow laws. In 1875, attempts were made by Republicans to break Jim Crow, it was however, thwarted by Democrats. It was during this time the Democratic Party gave birth to the KKK.

For nearly a century, Jim Crow ruled over the land with an iron fist. Nary a black man anywhere could be treated equally, because of the racial hatred of the Democratic Party. These laws were finally ended by the Supreme Court Decision of 1954, Brown v. Board of Education of Topeka. Ironically, in 1963, it was Democrats who launched major opposition to the Equal Pay Act, which effectively ended the gender pay disparity in the workplace.

In 1964, Democrats were once again fighting to stop racial equality in the states. They fought tooth and nail against the Civil Rights act of 1964, with a former Klansman leading the charge. As a Democratic Senator Richard Russell from Georgia put it: "We will resist to the bitter end any measure or any movement which would have a tendency to bring about social equality and intermingling and amalgamation of the races in our (Southern) states."

Then there was the famous Democratic Senator Strom Thurmond from South Carolina who was even moreso candid than Russell in his opposition, stating that "This so-called Civil Rights Proposals, which the President has sent to Capitol Hill for enactment into law, are unconstitutional, unnecessary, unwise and extend beyond the realm of reason. This is the worst civil-rights package ever presented to the Congress and is reminiscent of the Reconstruction proposals and actions of the radical Republican Congress."

For 57 days they filibustered the bill, until Senator Everett Dirksen (R-IL) shamed them into relenting. The Bill was signed into law by Lyndon Johnson in the Summer of 1964. The next year, the same Congress passed the Voting Rights Act.

Not long after that, Southern Democrats began defecting to the Republican Party, after the Democratic Party had shifted its focus towards its more moderate voting bloc to the north, and thusly polluting it for generations to come with their racial pragmatism.

Where were Democrats? I thought they claimed to be the party of equality? Yet history is riddled with examples of their racial hatred towards African Americans. It's sad in a way to think how they have warped and twisted their minds into believing the current platforms in place today, kept ignorant of the history that precedes the Democratic Party.

Here's my question, which party has stood for equality over the past 150 years? How does this meld with the current platforms Liberal Democrats advocate today? I leave that for you to decide.

Holy fucking shit, you god damn mother fucking idiots bring this shit up every other fucking day.

THOSE DEMOCRATS in THE 1800's AND EARLY 1900'S WERE FUCKING CONSERVATIVES.

I also find it funny, you templar fuck, that you thumbs up Matthews posts, one of the most obvious, unabashed racists on these boards.

You and him are right in the same boat as the conservative democrats in the 1800's

And as I explained to NY, conservative can be applied to either side of the aisle. You are stupidly applying it to Republicans only.

they jsut cant figure out how to actaully treat people of color well enough to earn their votes.

Yet they want to PRETEND they are not racists.

maybe if they actually began listening to what black people are tyring to tell them they may LEARN how to appeal to black voters.

They want NOTHING to do with that fix of their party.

tells you alot huh

And just in case I didn't make myself clear the first time:

Civil Rights

This nation was created to give expression, validity and purpose to our spiritual heritage—the supreme worth of the individual. In such a nation—a nation dedicated to the proposition that all men are created equal—racial discrimination has no place. It can hardly be reconciled with a Constitution that guarantees equal protection under law to all persons. In a deeper sense, too, it is immoral and unjust. As to those matters within reach of political action and leadership, we pledge ourselves unreservedly to its eradication.

Equality under law promises more than the equal right to vote and transcends mere relief from discrimination by government. It becomes a reality only when all persons have equal opportunity, without distinction of race, religion, color or national origin, to acquire the essentials of life—housing, education and employment. The Republican Party—the party of Abraham Lincoln—from its very beginning has striven to make this promise a reality. It is today, as it was then, unequivocally dedicated to making the greatest amount of progress toward the objective.

We recognize that discrimination is not a problem localized in one area of the country, but rather a problem that must be faced by North and South alike. Nor is discrimination confined to the discrimination against Negroes. Discrimination in many, if not all, areas of the country on the basis of creed or national origin is equally insidious. Further we recognize that in many communities in which a century of custom and tradition must be overcome heartening and commendable progress has been made.

The Republican Party is proud of the civil rights record of the Eisenhower Administration. More progress has been made during the past eight years than in the preceding 80 years. We acted promptly to end discrimination in our nation's capital. Vigorous executive action was taken to complete swiftly the desegregation of the armed forces, veterans' hospitals, navy yards, and other federal establishments.

We supported the position of the Negro school children before the Supreme Court. We believe the Supreme Court school decision should be carried out in accordance with the mandate of the Court.

Although the Democratic-controlled Congress watered them down, the Republican Administration's recommendations resulted in significant and effective civil rights legislation in both 1957 and 1960—the first civil rights statutes to be passed in more than 80 years.

Hundreds of Negroes have already been registered to vote as a result of Department of Justice action, some in counties where Negroes did not vote before. The new law will soon make it possible for thousands and thousands of Negroes previously disenfranchised to vote.

By executive order, a committee for the elimination of discrimination in government employment has been reestablished with broadened authority. Today, nearly one-fourth of all federal employees are Negro.

The President's Committee on Government Contracts, under the chairmanship of Vice President Nixon, has become an impressive force for the elimination of discriminatory employment practices of private companies that do business with the government.

Other important achievements include initial steps toward the elimination of segregation in federally-aided housing; the establishment of the Civil Rights Division of the Department of Justice, which enforces federal civil rights laws; and the appointment of the bi-partisan Civil Rights Commission, which has prepared a significant report that lays the groundwork for further legislative action and progress.

The Republican record is a record of progress—not merely promises. Nevertheless, we recognize that much remains to be done.

Each of the following pledges is practical and within realistic reach of accomplishment. They are serious—not cynical—pledges made to result in maximum progress.

1. Voting.

We pledge:

Continued vigorous enforcement of the civil rights laws to guarantee the right to vote to all citizens in all areas of the country.

LOL Here destroys his own op by admitting the racist dems ran over to the republican party...you can't write this stuff!

LOL Here destroys his own op by admitting the racist dems ran over to the republican party...you can't write this stuff!

Dems, yes dems, who despite their claimed affiliation, were still Democrats. Loving how you completely ignored the rest of the OP just to find something remotely wrong with it. What part of "Democrats followed the Republican lead on civil rights" did you not understand, you witless moron?

I hear of Liberal Democrats championing the causes of racial and gender equality in America today, while admirable, they have ignored their own history. Now, for a little history lesson. Let's do a little research shall we? Let us see who has been more detrimental to the causes of equality. Pay attention students, there will be a quiz at the end of this essay!

During the 1860s, Southern Democrats continually advocated the use of slavery. It took a Republican to slay these racial demons with the 13th Amendment. A major advocate of this being Frederick Douglass, a black Republican abolitionist, diplomat and former slave from Maryland.

During Antebellum, racial equality was continually hampered even after the 13th Amendment's passage; by Democrats who were taking ever increasing majorities in local, state and federal offices, especially during the 1880's. This eventually led to the instatement the Jim Crow laws. In 1875, attempts were made by Republicans to break Jim Crow, it was however, thwarted by Democrats. It was during this time the Democratic Party gave birth to the KKK.

For nearly a century, Jim Crow ruled over the land with an iron fist. Nary a black man anywhere could be treated equally, because of the racial hatred of the Democratic Party. These laws were finally ended by the Supreme Court Decision of 1954, Brown v. Board of Education of Topeka. Ironically, in 1963, it was Democrats who launched major opposition to the Equal Pay Act, which effectively ended the gender pay disparity in the workplace.

In 1964, Democrats were once again fighting to stop racial equality in the states. They fought tooth and nail against the Civil Rights act of 1964, with a former Klansman leading the charge. As a Democratic Senator Richard Russell from Georgia put it: "We will resist to the bitter end any measure or any movement which would have a tendency to bring about social equality and intermingling and amalgamation of the races in our (Southern) states."

Then there was the famous Democratic Senator Strom Thurmond from South Carolina who was even moreso candid than Russell in his opposition, stating that "This so-called Civil Rights Proposals, which the President has sent to Capitol Hill for enactment into law, are unconstitutional, unnecessary, unwise and extend beyond the realm of reason. This is the worst civil-rights package ever presented to the Congress and is reminiscent of the Reconstruction proposals and actions of the radical Republican Congress."

For 57 days they filibustered the bill, until Senator Everett Dirksen (R-IL) shamed them into relenting. The Bill was signed into law by Lyndon Johnson in the Summer of 1964. The next year, the same Congress passed the Voting Rights Act.

Not long after that, Southern Democrats began defecting to the Republican Party, after the Democratic Party had shifted its focus towards its more moderate voting bloc to the north, and thusly polluting it for generations to come with their racial pragmatism.

Where were Democrats? I thought they claimed to be the party of equality? Yet history is riddled with examples of their racial hatred towards African Americans. It's sad in a way to think how they have warped and twisted their minds into believing the current platforms in place today, kept ignorant of the history that precedes the Democratic Party.

Here's my question, which party has stood for equality over the past 150 years? How does this meld with the current platforms Liberal Democrats advocate today? I leave that for you to decide.

Holy fucking shit, you god damn mother fucking idiots bring this shit up every other fucking day.

I also find it funny, you templar fuck, that you thumbs up Matthews posts, one of the most obvious, unabashed racists on these boards.

You and him are right in the same boat as the conservative democrats in the 1800's

And as I explained to NY, conservative can be applied to either side of the aisle. You are stupidly applying it to Republicans only.

Of course they can, but the party as a WHOLE, a MAJORITY back then were conservatives. They are the SAME demographic today as they were back then. Southern conservatives. All the descendants of those southern conservatives didn't change political ideology or move away. They changed parties.

The ignorance of you retards is astounding.

Truly fucking hilarious. You answered your own question. All those racist and white Democrats swelled the ranks of the Republican Party leaving it 90% white, hating a black president and home to the KKK and the Aryan Nation and the NRA. However it all started, that's how it is now and you explained it perfectly. Kudos.

However right you are about the history, you conclusion is both flawed and delusional. But I did like the part where you said, "polluting it for generations to come with their racial pragmatism". What right wings are saying is they left the Democratic Party because when all the blacks joined, it became to them, "polluted".

Sure, after the Democrats followed the Republican lead on Civil Rights. None of you liberals have a good argument, except, RACIST RACIST RACIST! Where else would those Democrats go if they were no longer accepted in the Democratic Party? Yep. Rather than fade into obscurity, they decided to carry on their broken political careers as Republicans, in so doing damaging the party that championed almost every piece of civil rights legislation ever passed by Congress up until 1964.

No matter how you try to dodge and weave, this is how it is today. What matters is "now".

Pulaski, Tennessee - The Ku Klux Klan officially disbanded today claiming that the Republican Party has co-opted all of their ideas concerning race, immigration and religion and that there was no longer any need for their existence.

which party is NOW treating blacks like equals?

blacks know do you?

EASY

republicans

how do democrats treat blacks like equals?

public housing...er ghettos?

no jobs...er welfare?

you say republicans dont treat blacks the same, yet you guys call an attack on welfare racist? why is that?

Truly fucking hilarious. You answered your own question. All those racist and white Democrats swelled the ranks of the Republican Party leaving it 90% white, hating a black president and home to the KKK and the Aryan Nation and the NRA. However it all started, that's how it is now and you explained it perfectly. Kudos.

However right you are about the history, you conclusion is both flawed and delusional. But I did like the part where you said, "polluting it for generations to come with their racial pragmatism". What right wings are saying is they left the Democratic Party because when all the blacks joined, it became to them, "polluted".

Sure, after the Democrats followed the Republican lead on Civil Rights. None of you liberals have a good argument, except, RACIST RACIST RACIST! Where else would those Democrats go if they were no longer accepted in the Democratic Party? Yep. Rather than fade into obscurity, they decided to carry on their broken political careers as Republicans, in so doing damaging the party that championed almost every piece of civil rights legislation ever passed by Congress up until 1964.

No matter how you try to dodge and weave, this is how it is today. What matters is "now".

Pulaski, Tennessee - The Ku Klux Klan officially disbanded today claiming that the Republican Party has co-opted all of their ideas concerning race, immigration and religion and that there was no longer any need for their existence.

A meme? Please. Fuck off rdean.

Dems, yes dems, who despite their claimed affiliation, were still Democrats. Loving how you completely ignored the rest of the OP just to find something remotely wrong with it. What part of "Democrats followed the Republican lead on civil rights" did you not understand, you witless moron?

Key word being WERE dems...NOW Repubs lol. Its right there on your own OP lol

Ok dean WHICH Southern democrats became republicans?????? 21 voted against the civil rights act....1 count them....ONE became a republican.....

and in which presidential election did the democrats have the more conservative candidate?

DEANO.....CHECKMATE!

Last edited by a moderator:

Of course they can, but the party as a WHOLE, a MAJORITY back then were conservatives. They are the SAME demographic today as they were back then. Southern conservatives. All the descendants of those southern conservatives didn't change political ideology or move away. They changed parties.

You want conservative to mean "Republican" so bad don't you? Too bad they exist on the Democrat side too.

Quick, get this out to the minority community, post haste, who have been voting Democratic since the 1960s. You know. After Republicans employed the "Southern Strategy"?

I am sure they have no idea about this..and need you to tell them.

Tell the world, crusader, tell the world.

:lol:

J. William Fulbright - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Fulbright signed The Southern Manifesto opposing the Supreme Court's historic 1954 Brown v. Board of Education decision. He subsequently joined with his fellow Southern Democrats in filibustering the Civil Rights Act of 1957 and the Civil Rights Act of 1964, as well as voting against the 1965 Voting Rights Act.

He was pretty consistant.....in opposing desegregation!!!!!!!!

Fulbright raised serious objections to President John F. Kennedy about the impending Bay of Pigs Invasion in April 1961, and also to President Lyndon B. Johnson on the 1965 Dominican Civil War in Santo Domingo.[10] On 30 July 1961, two weeks before the erection of the Berlin Wall, Fulbright said in a television interview, "I don't understand why the East Germans don't just close their border, because I think they have the right to close it."[

yeah he's a real right winger!!!!!!!!!

On May 5, 1993, President Bill Clinton presented the Presidential Medal of Freedom to Fulbright at the Fulbright Association's eighty-eighth birthday tribute

WHAT, Clinton gave him the what????????

Last edited:

You want conservative to mean "Republican" so bad don't you? Too bad they exist on the Democrat side too.

That's quite true. Today's Democratic party welcomes conservatives and liberals.

Republicans? Not so much.

They've been purging the party of Moderate Conservatives..and now are working on Sane Conservatives.

Key word being WERE dems...NOW Repubs lol. Its right there on your own OP lol

Looks like buck just kicked your ass, have a nice afternoon being butthurt!

Forum List

Back