Real Racism: A History of the Democratic Party

Of course they can, but the party as a WHOLE, a MAJORITY back then were conservatives. They are the SAME demographic today as they were back then. Southern conservatives. All the descendants of those southern conservatives didn't change political ideology or move away. They changed parties.

The ignorance of you retards is astounding.

You want conservative to mean "Republican" so bad don't you? Too bad they exist on the Democrat side too.

That's quite true. Today's Democratic party welcomes conservatives and liberals.

Republicans? Not so much.

They've been purging the party of Moderate Conservatives..and now are working on Sane Conservatives.

Spare me your partisan crap, Sallow.

Real Racism in America is A History of White Conservative Southern Christians

You make no sense, so here's a bunny with a pancake on it's head

pancake_bunny.jpg

The Dems in the lead and the repubs in solid support passed Civil Rights and Voting Rights on geographical lines, not party. The great majority of repub and dem Senators and Representatives in the north and west voted for and the southern dems and repubs voted almost 100% against.

The original House version:

- Southern Democrats: 7–87 (7–93%)
- Southern Republicans: 0–10 (0–100%)

-Northern Democrats: 145–9 (94–6%)
-Northern Republicans: 138–24 (85–15%)

The Senate version:

- Southern Democrats: 1–20 (5–95%) (only Ralph Yarborough of Texas voted in favor)
-Southern Republicans: 0–1 (0–100%) (John Tower of Texas)

-Northern Democrats: 45–1 (98–2%) (only Robert Byrd of West Virginia voted against)
-Northern Republicans: 27–5 (84–16%)

Yep, 7 of 97 southern reps and 1 of 22 southern democrats voted against the bill.

Yep, 283 to 33 northern and western reps voted for it while 72 of 78 northern and western senators voted for it. Notice that northern Republican sentators were more likely to vote against the bill.

Oh jeez, give that crap a rest. You're an angry liberal who cannot contend with the facts. Democrats are inherent racists, whether the know it or not, whether you like it or not. Lets stop running from our failures, shall we?

Actually, my political beliefs are fact-based traditional American, something neither halfwit white trash nor fake-liberal meritocrat fascists have demonstrated understanding of. In sum I am a real fiscal conservative and a real individual rights liberal. A real American smart enough to avoid being stampeded by corporate bogusness appealing to my worst instincts.

My politics directly oppose the stampeding human cattle facilitating both corporate-driven parties looting of the US Treasury for thirty-some years.
And every word ever published by me supports that.

Those who post different claims are either liars or illiterate. The first group don't matter to anyone; but as my post above indicates, the second may yet evolve up from today's political cesspool.

After that little rant and cornucopia of ad hominem, you are my first serious candidate for my never used ignore list. It's that kind of language that gives you away.

I support ending the Fed, it has trashed our currency. As for corporations, you lump them all together unfairly, while there are those that are indeed as you say, not all of them are in collusion with the Government like Monsanto or select military contractors.

You've got quite the mouth, but if you ever say "white trash" again, then I will list you among liberals.

Well considered response, much appreciated.
Here are my thoughts on the issues...

A. Not all ad hominems are equal. There were a range of close-enough descriptions leading to a hard choice; if there was a flaw, it was limited choices. "Naive" isn't going to be a self-selection choice in my descriptions of the human cattle undermining the US.

B. No corporation known to me is in "collusion" or conspiracy with the government. Why would there be? Government is for sale through politicians.

The problem is there is no constitutional imperative for the corporate "person". Until legal malignancies created by recent court decisions are undone all corporations benefit. That means "good" corporations are friends of enemies.

My intent is to damn corporatists until there is movement toward excising the malignancy described as the corporate "person" in favor of legal "entity". Paper entities do not get buried at Arlington; I will go to my grave opposing bloodless entities sharing equal rights with natural born citizens.

C. People pretending to conservatism while supporting neocon treasury looting corporatist scum like Reagan and Bush, and people pretending to liberalism while supporting collectivist big spending corporatist scum like Clinton and Obama have no reasonable expectation that people like me will pretend to respect them.

There isn't a centrist bone in my body, but the time for persuading partisans is over; in the presence of the unacceptable, my intent is to disrespect partisans as vulgarly as possible. Everyone needs to do what they need to do.

Last edited:
The Dems in the lead and the repubs in solid support passed Civil Rights and Voting Rights on geographical lines, not party. The great majority of repub and dem Senators and Representatives in the north and west voted for and the southern dems and repubs voted almost 100% against.

The original House version:

- Southern Democrats: 7–87 (7–93%)
- Southern Republicans: 0–10 (0–100%)

-Northern Democrats: 145–9 (94–6%)
-Northern Republicans: 138–24 (85–15%)

The Senate version:

- Southern Democrats: 1–20 (5–95%) (only Ralph Yarborough of Texas voted in favor)
-Southern Republicans: 0–1 (0–100%) (John Tower of Texas)
-Northern Democrats: 45–1 (98–2%) (only Robert Byrd of West Virginia voted against)
-Northern Republicans: 27–5 (84–16%)

Yep, 7 of 97 southern reps and 1 of 22 southern democrats voted against the bill.

Yep, 283 to 33 northern and western reps voted for it while 72 of 78 northern and western senators voted for it. Notice that northern Republican sentators were more likely to vote against the bill.

Starkey I've already kicked your ass on this....

name me democrats that switched?
name me the last presidential election a democrat was more conservative than a republican

Yep, the north and west overwhelmingly supported the bill, the south overwhelmingly, almost unanimously, opposed the bill.

In the elections from 1968 through 1988 (excluding the 1976 election), 54 of 55 state electoral votes went GOP.

And we have southern racists even today whining that white southern racists did not run into the GOP.

They are dying out and their children despise their parents' racism, so the racists' opinion (1) really does not count and (2) will disappear soon completely.

Yep, the north and west overwhelmingly supported the bill, the south overwhelmingly, almost unanimously, opposed the bill.

Starkey you still havent told me who the democrats more conservative candidate was

Why did CLINTON give Fullbright the presidential medal of Freedom??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

he was pro commie AND pro segregation????????????????? HUH???????

and who are some of the switchers????????????????????????????

I posted several prominent democrats in the southern strategy forum and no party switchters........hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Carters mentor was lester maddox

clintons was fullbright....hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

In the elections from 1968 through 1988 (excluding the 1976 election), 54 of 55 state electoral votes went GOP.

And we have southern racists even today whining that white southern racists did not run into the GOP.

They are dying out and their children despise their parents' racism, so the racists' opinion (1) really does not count and (2) will disappear soon completely.

A few fun facts: The Republicans began to lose their hold on the black vote in the 1930s, not the 1960s, and the proximate cause was the New Deal, not civil-rights legislation — all of which, including the 1964 act, was passed on Republican support in the face of Democratic opposition. The majority of black Americans became Democrats by the 1940s, not in the 1950s or 1960s — Truman won nearly 80 percent of the black vote in 1948. The last Republican presidential nominee to win the black vote was Herbert Hoover. Fred Vinson, the chief obstacle to the Brown desegregation mandate, was the last chief justice appointed by a Democrat. And the Deep South did not abandon the Democrats after 1964: Republicans did not win a majority of southern congressional seats until the 1994 election, 30 years later.

Today's Democratic party welcomes conservatives and liberals.

Republicans? Not so much.

They've been purging the party of Moderate Conservatives..and now are working on Sane Conservatives.

The right wing response to this is always either:

XXXXXXX

or:

XXXXXXX

Why put the X's? Now I'll never know what crazy thing was said that earned a banning

Why did CLINTON give Fullbright the presidential medal of Freedom Doesn't matter at all in terms of whites voting GOP and southern states going GOP.

he was pro commie AND pro segregation Doesn't matter at all in terms of whites voting GOP and southern states going GOP.

Your comments, of course, reveal that you approved of those who voted against the acts.

Nothing like a southern racist: so easy to out and reveal his/her hatred.

Forum List

Back