Real Pulled Pork

doing a hog does take a bit

I had to laugh when I read your post...after overcoming the outrage of being called a Yankee, of course. :mad:

Just yesterday I was reading some online recipes for pulled pork to see if there was anything interesting I wanted to try.

I ran across this:

Long ago, settlers brought pigs to the United States and left them to wander the wild. This climate where cattle perished was ideal for hogs, and therefore became the meat of the South.

In this part of the world barbecue is synonymous with pork. Were you to mention beef barbecue in the Carolinas you are likely to be shown the door.

Once the Texan has been shown the door over his pronouncements of the virtues of brisket, those left behind will most likely start a fight over all the variations of what is called the true barbecue.

There continues to be feuding in the Southern United States over which part of the hog is best for making pork. Typically this debate is over using the entire hog or just the shoulder...

About Pulled Pork - Slow smoked pork that makes a great sandwich

:lol:

Last edited:
Y'all come!! You've never eaten until you've eaten food prepared by a North Carolinian. Damn - even the way they fix cabbage is goooood. The food is one reason I've put in an appearance at family reunions in the past. Parker's in Wilson, NC is probably one of the best places of all to get NC BBQ.

And I love BBQ. However, I don't have the initiative to go through so many steps to make it. I'm happy to settle with pork (or beef), a crock pot and a bottle of Sweet Baby Ray's. :dunno:

Delicious North Carolina style pulled pork for New Years. :woohoo:

IMAG0049-1-1.jpg

IMAG0050-1-1.jpg

IMAG0051-1-1.jpg

IMAG0053-1.jpg

IMAG0055-1.jpg

IMAG0056-1.jpg

All hail global warming.

first i hate when yankees even talk about bbq....

2nd....you cant make pulled pork from a damn shoulder.....you have to cook up the whole hog

3rd...true pulled pork....you got a dude who reaches into the whole cooked pig and grabs part of the meat....he pulls that meat out with one hand while wiping the fat off with the other....

fucking bunch of yankees

the method of pulling out the meat is why it is called 'pulled pork'

fucking muslims

What she said, whole hog.

first i hate when yankees even talk about bbq....

2nd....you cant make pulled pork from a damn shoulder.....you have to cook up the whole hog

3rd...true pulled pork....you got a dude who reaches into the whole cooked pig and grabs part of the meat....he pulls that meat out with one hand while wiping the fat off with the other....

fucking bunch of yankees

the method of pulling out the meat is why it is called 'pulled pork'

fucking muslims

What she said, whole hog.

I don't have enough time, energy or friends to smoke a whole hog. :lol:

As an aside...smoked some babyback ribs for supper...Mmmmm, good.

IMAG0061-1.jpg

• Thanks
Reactions: del

Forum List

Back